• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon should be in Brawl?

Which Pokemon should make the roster?

• Lucario

Votes: 255 26.3%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 264 27.2%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 191 19.7%
  • Meowth

Votes: 163 16.8%
  • Heracross

Votes: 64 6.6%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 112 11.5%
  • Poliwhirl

Votes: 38 3.9%
  • Sandslash

Votes: 106 10.9%
  • Paras

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • Swampert

Votes: 37 3.8%
  • Buoysel

Votes: 19 2.0%
  • Bulbasaur & evolutions

Votes: 52 5.4%
  • Munchlax

Votes: 45 4.6%
  • Lugia

Votes: 47 4.8%
  • Charizard

Votes: 116 11.9%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 63 6.5%
  • Scyther

Votes: 189 19.5%
  • Sneasel/Weavel

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Kadabra

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Gengar

Votes: 111 11.4%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle & Minun

Votes: 108 11.1%
  • Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan

Votes: 207 21.3%
  • Eevee & evolutions

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • Grimer

Votes: 40 4.1%
  • Missingno

Votes: 95 9.8%
  • Cubone

Votes: 120 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
An umborn embryo could draw something more sophisticated than Blaziken.

Meowth for the win.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Wait wasn't Missingno confirmed as Ho-Oh later on?
Nope. Missingno. is the "blank template" the game designers use to experiement and tinker on the battle systems in whichever game they happened to be making at the time.

Pima

Smash Journeyman
Bleh Missingno is just a bunch of horizontal lines together, if he had just a little bit of a form he could then be a candidate. That would be like having Sandbag as a candidate

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
WTH are you talking about? When Blaziken was first released people thought that she was one of the new legendary pokemon.
Something that aweful IS legendary. Blaziken looks like a preschooler's first jab at drawing Lisa Simpson.

Jacker128

Smash Cadet
I'll give my opinion on each choice.

Lucario: He's actually a good call and belongs on the possibility list.

Blaziken: Don't even say you can't put a chicken in. We already have a mouse, dinosaur, and fox. I look at Blaziken as a mario + capt falcon. Blaziken goes on the possibility list.

Deoxys: With all his different forms and moves most of us can imagine, he could be fit as a character. Another one for the possibility list.

Meowth: I see the melee moves, but can't see the b moves. Not a good choice.

Heracross: Same as meowth except I see the up b move.

Dragonite: Where's the moves? I really don't find any logical moves for this one.

Poliwhirl: Could work out but I don't see up b. Give me an up b and he might go on the possibility list.

Sandslash: Just not a good choice let's leave it at that.

Paras: Not seeing the moves; it's a no.

Swampert: Again, where's up b?

Buoysel: Who's he again?

Bulbasaur & eveloutions: mmm no.

Munchlax: Just not getting him.

Lugia: Don't know how this would even work out.

Charizard: Seems average; goin on the possibility list.

Sceptile: Could work out if it weren't for that up b.

Scyther: Seems likely but scizor wouldn't work. Good thing you didn't put him instead.

Sneasel/weavel: Again, no up b in my head.

Kadabra: Deo sounds better but I'll put him on the list anyways.

Gengar: Not seeing enough moves...

Pichu Bros. / Plusle & Minun: We don't need more pikachus.

Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan: Who are you kidding? Hitmonlee only has kicks, and Hitmonchan only has punches.

Eevee & eveloutions: I don't know how this'll work out.

Grimer: He goes off the ledge he's gone.

Missingno: Why is this on the list?

After reading all that, here's your finalists:

Possibility list

Lucario
Blaziken
Deoxys
Charizard
Scyther
Kadabra
Dragonite

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Dragonite: Where's the moves? I really don't find any logical moves for this one.
click on my sig please. the first picture.
just as i thought. blaziken, lucario and deoxys have broken away from everyone else, its impossible for anyone to catch up to them now. i was expecting for lucario to have at least 10 more votes than deoxys and blaziken.
awsome, dragonite is breaking away a little bit to, now he is challenging the hitmons. i dont see how they are possible though. they arent gonna add all of them if they were in and if one was in, the rest would be in to. besides they wouldnt be very unique. they are basicly clones of bruce lee and jackie chan, with a few more abilities such as stretchable legs and boxing gloves.

Jacker128

Smash Cadet
I'll give my opinion on each choice.

Lucario: He's actually a good call and belongs on the possibility list.

Blaziken: Don't even say you can't put a chicken in. We already have a mouse, dinosaur, and fox. I look at Blaziken as a mario + capt falcon. Blaziken goes on the possibility list.

Deoxys: With all his different forms and moves most of us can imagine, he could be fit as a character. Another one for the possibility list.

Meowth: I see the melee moves, but can't see the b moves. Not a good choice.

Heracross: Same as meowth except I see the up b move.

Poliwhirl: Could work out but I don't see up b. Give me an up b and he might go on the possibility list.

Sandslash: Just not a good choice let's leave it at that.

Paras: Not seeing the moves; it's a no.

Swampert: Again, where's up b?

Buoysel: Who's he again?

Bulbasaur & eveloutions: mmm no.

Munchlax: Just not getting him.

Lugia: Don't know how this would even work out.

Charizard: Seems average; goin on the possibility list.

Sceptile: Could work out if it weren't for that up b.

Scyther: Seems likely but scizor wouldn't work. Good thing you didn't put him instead.

Sneasel/weavel: Again, no up b in my head.

Kadabra: Deo sounds better but I'll put him on the list anyways.

Gengar: Not seeing enough moves...

Pichu Bros. / Plusle & Minun: We don't need more pikachus.

Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan: Who are you kidding? Hitmonlee only has kicks, and Hitmonchan only has punches.

Eevee & eveloutions: I don't know how this'll work out.

Grimer: He goes off the ledge he's gone.

Missingno: Why is this on the list?

After reading all that, here's your finalists:

Possibility list

Lucario
Blaziken
Deoxys
Charizard
Scyther
Kadabra
click on my sig please. the first picture.
just as i thought. blaziken, lucario and deoxys have broken away from everyone else, its impossible for anyone to catch up to them now. i was expecting for lucario to have at least 10 more votes than deoxys and blaziken.
awsome, dragonite is breaking away a little bit to, now he is challenging the hitmons. i dont see how they are possible though. they arent gonna add all of them if they were in and if one was in, the rest would be in to. besides they wouldnt be very unique. they are basicly clones of bruce lee and jackie chan, with a few more abilities such as stretchable legs and boxing gloves.
Well after looking at that I see it reasonable. I don't really like the forward throw ice beam but the rest is fine. Drag's on the list :D.

fluffy said:
Jacker128 f u. Grimer would totally ****.
*Runs upstairs, falls downstairs, gets up, runs back upstairs to bathroom sink and bangs head on sink 5 times* *Bang!* *Bang!* *Bang!* *Bang!* *Bang!*

Are you serious?! I don't understand how you see a small little glob or whatever ******. If Grimer literally ***** then I understand. In combat Grimer would only be pushed around.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Blakien sucks it's has no...finesse. Dragonite has something going on, he can use so many attacks...and a chicken with fire..Umm is a chicken with fire.
. . . . *sigh* Blaziken. . . just a C ock with fire. . . And Dragonite in all truth is just a dragon BECAUSE dragons (if you know anything about them) have fire/ice/ water/ thunder and wind abilitities (thats why he can use does attacks. . . .he's a DRAGON).

And Pika is just a mouse with thunder. . . .Atleast Blaziken's base animal can kill a human (if you knew anything about C ock fighting you would know that one kick to the neck with it's sphare can cut you deep enuff so that you bleed to death VERY fast).

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Notice how all the Grimer fans brought together only got Grimer six votes. Now that, is team work men...

Black/Light

Smash Master
^^^LMAO
Dude..I played many pokemon..games... I don't want a chicken with fire. Seems blah I rather see Dexyos.
Well I'v played alot of pokemon games myself and I like her and I don't like Deoxy. IMO it sucks because all it has going for it are it's transformation which isn't that big of a thing to me.

I guess we just have a difference in OPINION about 2 pokemon.

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
I voted for Heracross, because he is the bug boss and would be a great fighter, but Paras is really cool. If i had 2 votes, I would vote for Paras too.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Blaziken sucks.
Poliwhirl sucks.
Meowth sucks.
Munchlax sucks.

Seriously.

I can see why people think Blaziken should be in. He can fight, and he's got fire. I hate him, but I wouldn't oppose him.

But Meowth? What could Meowth possibly do that anyone CARED about? Yes of course he could have a moveset, and he was popular back when the Pokemon TV show was (like 7 years ago), but does anyone still care about Meowth anymore? "He could have coin-related moves, because he's got one on his head!" That's not interesting, it's lame, and I really don't think they need to waste time making THAT a character in Smash brothers.

I feel similarly about Munchlax, except replace "coin-related moves" with "nothing-related moves" because Munchlax doesn't do anything and sucks more than Meowth.

And Poliwhirl really sucks. There are plenty of better water Pokemon.

I've already given an excellent Paras moveset, though like I said, I'm not actually going to waste my time advocating him.

And to anyone saying the Hitmons could have good movesets, you have no imagination. I've already come up with great movesets for both (that I haven't posted yet).

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure that they still make new Pokémon episodes and that Meowth is in the show. Anyway, bug Pokémon for the win. And paras is really cool. He is a bug and a mushroom! What else can you ask for?

fluffy

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure that they still make new Pokémon episodes and that Meowth is in the show. Anyway, bug Pokémon for the win. And paras is really cool. He is a bug and a mushroom! What else can you ask for?
Grimer:088:

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Blaziken sucks.
Poliwhirl sucks.
Meowth sucks.
Munchlax sucks.

Seriously.

I can see why people think Blaziken should be in. He can fight, and he's got fire. I hate him, but I wouldn't oppose him.
Blaziken looks like a Senorita vomited after eating Italian food, sketched the barf puddle, and called it a "Pokemon.".
But Meowth? What could Meowth possibly do that anyone CARED about? Yes of course he could have a moveset, and he was popular back when the Pokemon TV show was (like 7 years ago), but does anyone still care about Meowth anymore? "He could have coin-related moves, because he's got one on his head!" That's not interesting, it's lame, and I really don't think they need to waste time making THAT a character in Smash brothers.
I'm kind of partial to him from the choices listed, because he's one of the first 150, he was in Team Rocket in that show, and uh. I guess that's it. So I can't really argue with you on that.

I've already given an excellent Paras moveset, though like I said, I'm not actually going to waste my time advocating him.
Why do you like Paras, anyway?
And to anyone saying the Hitmons could have good movesets, you have no imagination. I've already come up with great movesets for both (that I haven't posted yet).
They would be ok, I guess, but they're kind of bland in my opinion. If either of them are elected, it should be Hitmonlee. But...eh. I'd rather something more colorful represent Pokemon.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i was watchin pokemon yesterday (dont ask (or neg rep)) and i saw hitmonchan do mach punch. first he is like charging some sort of lightning punch and then he shoots a gigantic boxing glove forward... i swear i got confused but it could auctually make a cool move... but still
if strong pokemon should be represented (and they should) they should be represented by the strongest type, dragon type. and who is the first and the best? dragonite. sure he may not be the main pokemon of a 10 year old girl or the final evo of a starter (thats auctually bad thing) but he is used by lance who is the coolest character ever. and instead of being a loser at the top of the list he is a legend right at the back next to mewtwo and moltres.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Why do you like Paras, anyway?
Four words: The Problem with Paras. The greatest episode of the Pokemon TV show ever made. Ever.

About the Hitmons, I don't have full movesets (and probably never will), but here are their specials, which is really what everyone cares about anyway. :p

Hitmonchan
  • ^B - Sky Uppercut -> Pretty self-explanatory. Hitmonchan does an uppercut that launches him upward.
  • >B - Thunder Punch -> Does a quick spin and then zooms forward, arm outstretched and electrified. Think "Fox Illusion," but slower and he doesn't disappear, and he STOPS if he hits an obstacle.
  • B - Fire Punch -> Hitmonchan plants his feet, and alternates punching with his left and right hands, shooting horizontal fireballs across the stage. To contrast from Luigi's, they'd be red (duh :p), and they'd be smaller and faster, as Hitmonchan would be able to punch them out faster than Luigi can shoot them.
  • vB - Ice Punch -> Hitmonchan punches downard. If he hits the ground, it will turn the immediate area of whatever surface he's standing on icy, lowering traction. If Hitmonchan hits a player, they are momentarily trapped in a block of ice, a la Mr. Freezie.
So that's Hitmonchan. So yeah, I think that would be great fun. But I'm not through yet! Here's my Hitmonlee moveset. Admittedly, it's not as flashy as Chan's with all his elemental punches, but I still think it would be great fun.

Hitmonlee
  • ^B - High Jump Kick -> Hitmonlee goes into a similar upward thrust like Hitmonchan, but instead of his fist, he uses his knee.
  • >B - Rolling Kick -> He spins around once, and then launches forward in a flawless jump kick. His ">B" and "^B" would work similar to Luigi's, in that you'd need to use Rolling Kick to move horizontally, and High Jump Kick to move vertically.
  • B - Rapid Spin -> Hitmonlee plants his left leg and spins, hitting anyone near him. He can also move around while spinning, but not very far.
  • vB - Earthquake -> Hitmonlee launches WAY into the air (think Kirby's ^throw), and then strikes the ground, shocking anyone nearby (probably around the range of DK's Hand Slap).
So there you go. Like I said, I guess most people wouldn't agree with me, but I think they'd be an incredibly fun duo.

Stryks

Smash Hero
The problem with paras, yea i know that epidose, one of the 1st ones, it was good but there were better, like the one were team rocket took over that gym were Giovanni was in charge, that was an awesome episode Xd no offense, also Deoxys and Lucario are winning yeah!!

Eaode

Smash Champion
The hitmons are adtimtedly suited to smash, but they are still pretty much generic fighter types. But using the elemental punches is a nice variaton.

Black/Light

Smash Master
(Wow, so much un-needed/ unbased Blaziken hate. . )
Well, out of all the hitmons I like Hitmontop the best. Really unique and has a mix of both Hitmons attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom