• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which spike to you use?

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
DK has a number of spikes that he has in his arsenal.

Right/Left B
F-air
Down Air

Which do you use and why?

Thanks!

SrL04

Smash Apprentice
F air you need to be in the right position, and side B takes accurate timing, so I just use D air-

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
Fair is SOOOO fun to use against Foxes/Falcos that are recovering back to the stage lol. After you get it down, it's easy to do lol and people usually are like "wtf just happened" afterwards. Side B is kinda hard to use safely against people like Marth, but I guess you could just jump behind their Up B then do it

GTOnizukadude

Smash Cadet
I use fair, since dair is a little too CF and Ganon-esque for me. Plus, it's hilariously awesome to hit people with. DK's spikes... are just made of fun and win.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
In competition, D-Air; it's the safer of the three.

Any other time, I use D-Tilt against sweetspotting opponents, then hilarity ensues.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
In competition, D-Air; it's the safer of the three.

Any other time, I use D-Tilt against sweetspotting opponents, then hilarity ensues.
Yeah, thats my preffered method too. I don't go for the others cuz they're technically meteors, not spikes. They can be meteor cancelled. I prefer to d tilt to mess up their spacing and repeat until i have the chance to either edgehog or use the giant punch. I don't use any of dk's meteor's much, there's not really any point to me, unless i just feel like messing with the person or just having fun. In which case, i'd go for the forward b, just cuz its hella funny and your opponent gets that funny look on their face like they're pissed/surprised. Haha, but its only funny if you turn to look at your opponents face after using the move.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, if you're playing to win, there's rarely a situation if ever where a spike is the better choice, except maybe punishing people who don't sweetspot the ledge.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
or you could cargo throw them into right under the ledge for an instant kill.

Its like a spike =D they fly straight down, the edge angles their trajectory.

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
It's easy to tech if you make it obvious. You should walk off away from the stage then throw them backwards if you really want to do it. Good luck getting back on too lol.

I short hop dair because it's effective against Fox/Falco if they up b u have to time it just right to do it. I like the over b but don't use it because it has too much lag but if u play on MKII the over b spike is the best one 2 use in my opinion.

Linguini

Smash Master
I usually short hop dair the grab on to the ledge if they tech and up-b while letting go of the ledge, this will hit them out of their tech. Works every time :)

Top Bottom