• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which stage do you love to fight on?

Rainbow-Sasuke

Smash Rookie
I really love Battlefield, Final Destination, Pirate Ship(mostly for the Great Sea song), WarioWare.Inc and Pokemon Stadium 1(mostly for the Poké Floats song) and 2.

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
To fight on would probably be Battlefield. It has great visuals and it lacks any annoying hindrances to play.

machetemonkey

Smash Rookie
Delfino Plaza and Pictochat are my two favorite stages. Both are interesting without being infuriating (although I understand why Pictochat isn't generally a competitive stage). Keeping in mind that I don't play super competitively, I also like some off-kilter choices like Summit, Hanenbow, Jungle Japes, and others.

Ferretfish

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4081-5724-3216
Lylat cruise, Smashville and Final Destination. All three just look nice and fun to play on.
I also like to mess around on Summit (mostly because of the Shin Onigashima music though)

SuperNova!

Smash Apprentice
Bridge of Eldin, Final Destination, Hyrule Castle, Jungle Japes, and 75m (just for the techno version of the Donkey Kong theme:starman: ). I like stages that are pretty simple and don't have platforms that block Pikachu's down-B.

BoomToon

Smash Apprentice
:fdb: - Simple, flat, nothing to harm you, great for 1 on 1

:ps2: - the changes always keep things interesting

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
5. :pirateship: - I love Zelda and this stage is just super fun. It's also absolutely beautiful and has some of the best songs in the whole game.

4. :smashville: - Simple yet fun stage for some competitive battling. I love how the animals get mad at you sometimes.

3. :warioware: - The mini games are both hilarious and ridiculously fun. I wish you could do them without getting the upgrades, those sometimes ruin the experience.

2. :npc: - BRIGHT LIGHTS, BIG CITY, THAT'S WHERE I WANNA GO. Until the ultimate chimera comes around and kills me. Then the fun is ruined...

1. :delfino: - Whenever I hack Brawl, I NEVER change this stage. Why? Because it's my favorite. It's beautiful with awfully fitting music and I've always loved the swimming feature. I never liked Sunshine but this stage made me want to get it just because I like it so much.

andimidna

Smash Master
My favorites::eldin::fdb: dat music. dat small space w/ no items.
My least favorites::hanenbow::rumblefalls:ew.

I really hope Bridge of Eldin returns in Smash 4. We've got TP designs again.:link2::sheilda::ganondorf:Woo!

FavZ

Smash Rookie
Final Destination. No Gimmicks, No platforms, No environment changes, No Hazards. Just a straight up fight with the epic brawl theme going on in the background.

HeavySmashGuy

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeavyBrawlsGuy
3DS FC
1977-1276-9162
Shadow Moses Island. It has no gimmicks, platforms, and destructible walls, so it's really Battlefield on steroids.

D

Deleted member

Other than Battlefield and Final Destination, I love fighting on Isle Delfino, Lylat Cruise, Halberd, and WarioWare, Inc. for their cool stage designs, backgrounds, and gimmicks. Also, I love Isle Delfino's amazing background and I love WarioWare's microgames.

Last edited by a moderator:

RopeDrink

Smash Cadet
Final Destination... All day, every day. Simple layout and a bad-ass theme to boot. Love it.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Final destination, custom stages, Norfair and Smashville.

edit: forgot Shadow Moses.

Last edited:

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Battlefield, without a doubt. Pretty much the entire community plays on Smashville, so I'm pretty much sick of that. Plus, as a Falco, I have a lot of trouble dealing with people camping the platform when it's offstage since pretty much the only thing I can do is laser, and lasers don't finish off stocks.
I find Battlefield is a lot more fun and the platforms give a lot more options. The background is just beautiful as well (and also tends to have more attractive texture hacks available).

Also a big fan of Pirate Ship and Rainbow Cruise when people aren't playing super tryhard. They're just plain fun and there tends to be a good number of funny moments.

Chappified

Smash Rookie
I love Battlefield. It's easily my favorite stage, but Smashville is another good one that I frequently play on.

Reck

Smash Rookie
NNID
corneria is #1 for me then :fdb: and :battlefieldb: oh and can't for get about :ps2: for them pokebattles

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Best:
:battlefieldb: Battlefield
It's a nice size with good platform placement. The sloped ledges are helpful for "sliding" vertical recoveries. I find that this stage has benefits for nearly every one of my characters.
:smashville: Smashville

To be honest, I usually dislike the moving platform extending past the stage and as a Marth / Fox player--it's given more of an advantage to my opponents recovery than I'd like. The sloped ledges are Battlefield.

:fdb: Final Destination
A stage that has both nothing to work with and nothing to get in the way. I believe it favours projectile users, while also giving disadvantages to certain recoveries because of its nasty ledges. I like using Pit, Pikachu and Falco on this stage, but I don't like using Marth, Ness or Ike here; platforms add a lot of variety.

Decent:
:lylat: Lylat Cruise
Not a big fan of those platforms. I don't like the stage constantly tipping, and those ledges are mean. I still think the stage is pretty decent, though.
:halberd: Halberd
Best music choices, but the middle platform, dangerous hazards and main stage being semi-soft makes me uncomfortable at times.

Meh:
:delfino: Delfino Plaza: Looks and sounds lovely! Oh, but walk-off / water / semi-soft main stage / chaingrab walls.
:warioware: WarioWare: Microgame mechanic hates me. I imported Twisted those years ago and this is how you repay me?!

Some of the most fun, bizarre stages I like to mess around on is Corneria , Spear Pillar and Pictochat. Also still upset to this day that Yoshi's Story didn't make the cut for Brawl.

Last edited:

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
Anything that is flat, has no or few platforms and limited or no hazards.

Also anything that is not too small. I don't like small maps like Battlefield or the Yoshi one. They feel cramped.

OgiEthan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OgiEthan
3DS FC
2766-9108-2825
For non-legal stages, I'd have to say:

5):pictochat:
I loved the various obstacles that would randomly pop up and hype up the match. The animation is really cool/funny. Plus it's always a lot of fun for free-for-alls as well as team combos.
4):delfino:
(This isn't legal anymore, right?) The stage is perfect. Love the changing backdrops, how matchups can COMPLETELY change to another person's favor depending on where the stage is, and the different views are simply a nice change too. The music is pretty great here too. Lot of nostalgia here.
3):pirateship:
It's so amazing. The background is hype, the interactive effects are hella fun, and lots of ridiculous deaths are always going on. Being able to jump on the King of Red Lions and even that cliff off to the left was a lot of fun, and not to mention the soundtrack is godlike. Plus, I'm a huge Legend of Zelda (especially Wind Waker) fan. I get a big sense of nostalgia here, as well.
2):mariocircuit:
It was either going to be this stage, or Rumble Falls. This one is so much fun, I mean, the Mario Karters are so ridiculously awesome, it's not even funny. Being able to hit the karts was always hilarious, and throwing another player into the karts for a funny combo was great. The music was hype here, and its design/look is really pretty/appealing. S/O to Rumble Falls though. The spikes on that stage, and the speed and helicopter, and everything about it was so much fun.
1):eldin:
Oh man, the Bridge of Eldin. What do I even have to say? We all know and love this stage. There's the BEAUTIFUL background, which instantly gives us a feeling of awe and pride from Twilight Princess. The bridge itself is huge, and was a lot of fun, plus an easy way to piss off your friends by running from side to side. The (figurative and almost literal) troll from the game comes across and drops that explosive barrel in the middle, which is later replaced by the warp-hole from the game (which was soooo awesome). Items were always insanely fun and easy to use here. Lastly, the music on this stage is the best in the game, in my opinion.

OgiEthan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OgiEthan
3DS FC
2766-9108-2825
Guess I'll go ahead and talk about the LAMEEEE tourney stages now.:awesome:
5):lylat:
Y'know, even as spacies, I love this stage. I am a big Starfox fan, and the background is really awesome. The soundtrack has some great songs, and I enjoy being able to camp here. (Assuming my sick combos aren't happening like they usually do :chuckle:)
4):ps2:
Ughhhhhh there's no picture of PokémonStadium 1, so I have to use the pic of PS2. :( Stadium's transformations are really hype, and I love to watch how the match slows down and players try to land in a few projectiles. The battle theme is so freaking great, too.
3):halberd:
Yo, this stage is so fun, especially during tournament. The stage-changes are really cool, and I love that frantic moment when the bomb/claw/laser are all about to go off somewhere on the stage, while the players are trying to zone each-other out. The music is awesome in this too. I'm really hyped to see this stage coming back in Smash 4.
:D
2):battlefieldb:
Mannnn, Battlefield is such an awesome stage. It's overall, the most neutral, in my opinion. At the same time, there is a lot of room for combos. I've always enjoyed watching a lot of different matchups on this stage. Marth vs Falco on this stage is really exciting, as well as Meta Knight vs Snake. This stage has always been really appealing to me for some reason. The multi-man melee song being on there is so hype, too.
1) :smashville:
Yeah yeah, I know, Smashville AKA Starterville. Pretty cliché/lame number one choice, but I don't care. I love it. It's really funny/cool how there are all of those Animal Crossing characters chilling on the stage. The background is really cool too. Evening/nighttime is even better, the stage looks so awesome. The nighttime lighting is beautiful. I've even caught myself zoning out and staring at the background, watching the car drive around the town. And oh man, nothing in the game is quite as awesome as K.K. rocking out every Saturday night. The songs are hella hype. Lastly, the campy/slower matchups on this stage are awesome (even to watch). That platform control.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
:frigate: Amazing Metroid music, beautiful scenery and a non-intrusive stage hazard.

:smashville: A very simple stage, with cute Animal Crossing characters in the background. Plus, the music is relaxing.

:shadowmoses: It is the only stage with Snake Eater Instrumental playing in the background.

:pictochat: Creative and weird stage. I like the simplicity of the design and again, the music is very good.

:battlefieldb: Another very simple stage with beautiful scenery. The music isn't that good, tho.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Don't know if this is the best place to post this, but I have a question. Does anyone know why there's this weird little city in the background of Rainbow Cruise?
This is good for a separate thread. Would be happy to discuss there.

robochicken7

Smash Rookie
I love Distant planet. I think it's mostly because, aside from Smash, It's my favorite Nintendo series.

geo1088

Smash Rookie
Man, my favorites have got to be Battlefield and Lylat Cruise... I love the simple static stages. Bridge of Eldin is nice for 4-player battles, since it's so big... And I love the music in Mushroomy Kingdom. The ground theme on piano just sounds awesome to me.

Last edited:

JE-AT

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jeatkid
3DS FC
2449-5643-6466
Switch FC
SW 3821-2527-4509
For 1 vs. 1 matches:

1.) :fdb:
2.):smashville: