• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which throws to use for Sheik?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
If you're trying to get the off the stage, back throw has more knock back than forward. If not, down is almost always your best bet.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Down, down, down, down, down, down, down, down, and down. The only other option should be if you're on the edge and want them off. Even then, down is sometimes better, if they're at a killable percent and you want to Fair or Uair them.

Classic Yayo

Smash Cadet
Fox/Falco/C.Falcon I throw down and go for the tech chase. Sometimes for Fox and Falco if I'm playing on a stage like dreamland or battle field anything with platforms I upthrow some players don't expect it and you can get a free fair in.

for floaty characters it's downthrow all day, many can be chain grabbed into upsmash or tilted for fair.

Forward throw is bad, never use it. Little to no push back and the move takes so long players have time to figure a way around any follow up moves.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
All of her throws aren't bad its just her down throw is far more useful than most of her other throws a close 2nd is b-throw.

Yayo - The f-throw isn't bad its useful sometimes pretty situational but I use it occasionally ;).

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Forward and back throws are mostly based on whether or not the ledge if in front or behind you. XD

balladechina212

Smash Ace
Uthrow works on relatively-high percentages on space animals if they DI poorly. You can ftilt or utilt out of it.

Yeah, dthrow FTW. If you're under a platform and the dthrow pops them up onto the platform. Waveland on it to tech chase.

toga

Smash Apprentice
if i were u i would avoid all throws

the throws U should use go like this

if you fight fox falco falcon or other fast fallers that you cant chain grab at low %
just down throw them and then tech chase till they have decent % then go in for the kill

if you down throw slow fallers like marth or yoshi just chaingrab them or down throw and folow up with an air attack...... Uair, dair, fair, air air dosent matter just wich ever one can hit them fastest so they cant di out of it.

also up tilting and forward tilting is good too:chuckle:

Vro

Smash Lord
The problem with up throw is there is so much lag afterwards that with good DI any opponent can escape your followup. Downthrow puts your opponent in a relatively similar area with much less lag.

elastickub

Smash Cadet
it all depends on the situation and the character if ur playin a link with lik 29 damage down throw chain grab but if hes got like 70 and your by the ledge back throw him of the stage another one if you down throw a semi floaty character and they dont di can do a forward tilt and make a combo out of it

S2

Smash Lord
The problem with up throw is there is so much lag afterwards that with good DI any opponent can escape your followup. Downthrow puts your opponent in a relatively similar area with much less lag.
Yes. But there are a few matchups where up-throw is preferable (Fox/falco/Falcon) at certain percents because comboing/tech chasing is improved.

That being said, you should almost always down-throw unless your throwing someone off the edge. It's always safe and in many situations like can lead to combos.

Banks

Smash Hero
if ou are partial to wavelanding onto platforms and grabbing, uthrow is a good way to bait them into landing and teching on a platform unless they are an extremely floaty char in which dthrow would serve the same purpose anyway. so fox and falco can be uthrowed situationally. fthrow and bthrow really are only good to throwing off the edge and edgeguarding

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
I've randomly U-thrown Bam and Chet's Foxes/Falcos onto platforms (when I do get grabs) and been able to tech chase with aerials the vast majority of the time. I'm not sure how guaranteed this is and D-throw is probably better the bulk of the time, but I like the aerial for hitting people off the stage if they tech away and if they tech in place then whatever it's still a follow-through (on Yoshi's or Stadium or something if they tech towards the stage or in place you can just U-tilt through the platform and go from there).

I find grab is too slow when I U-throw because of them knowing that I can waveland onto platforms and grab and consequently they tend to drop through or shine before I can grab. But I might just be too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom