• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which trailer theme is your favorite?

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
For me, Pac-Man's theme does it. It's so hyperactive and has that very Pac-Man feel. I love it. I can't wait for his theme's recreation from GuardianSoul.

My second favorite is Little Mac's theme and the recreation was so sweet, I

Finally, I love Palutena's, I wish the already perfect song had a remix but at the same time... It's already perfect. The song, for those that don't know, is the Boss Battle theme from Kid Icarus Uprising.

What's your favorite theme so far?

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Honestly Robin's... I know it's old as far as smash tracks go, but it hit me with this wave of nostalgia from first fighting Marth in Melee and to think that maybe I've found another main with that same track playing... it's pretty great.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Honestly Robin's... I know it's old as far as smash tracks go, but it hit me with this wave of nostalgia from first fighting Marth in Melee and to think that maybe I've found another main with that same track playing... it's pretty great.
Agreed! Although Rosalina's was pretty awesome. It made me feel all happy and everything. I was disappointed (everytime a newcomer is revealed I am because its not Isaac) but it made me happier.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Yeah Rosalina's would have to be my second favorite since I have just always loved that track.

Almost spelled rack on accident, that could've been weird...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mega Man's, it just had a really epic feel to it. Also Rosalina's, that song is a classic.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Robin/Lucina's and Roselina's.

I just like those characters the most, so the themes were appealing to me almost by default.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Yeah, but as much as I like the Fire Emblem theme from Melee, Awakening had so many good tracks they could have used...

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Yeah, but as much as I like the Fire Emblem theme from Melee, Awakening had so many good tracks they could have used...
Yea there is one song in particular I would've preferred. Can't remember the name right now though...

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
I like Rosalina's. I loved the music from Galaxy and even though the music is old its still good. (At least to me)

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
No love for the Pokemon X/Y Trainer theme? Whole damn trailer with Greninja and Charizard is epic.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Mega Man - Willy's Castle...

..And as second, Melee - Fire Emblem

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
1. Little Mac
2. Megaman
3. Rosalina

These defiantly got me the most hyped to play their characters :colorful:

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
It's a tough one for me, because I honestly love every trailer's song so far. If I had absolutely no choice, however, I'd probably go for the Greninja and Charizard reveal.

That whole scene with Charizard and Mario gave me chills and just fit so well with the music.

Little Mac and Megaman are up there too.

Last edited:

crazyhandmasterhand

Smash Cadet
It's really hard to pick a favorite actually. I think I will go with Pac-Man's trailer theme though. That was literally my favorite Pac-Man theme that was remixed for the trailer, and Pac-Man (or Lucina xp) was my most wanted newcomer for this game, so it just made it all-around fantastic for me!

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I honestly liked the theme that played when Sakurai was showing Kirby off in the direct but I guess that doesn't really count does it.

Meh. I'll be a mean ******* and say none.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I've loved.every theme so far, but the XY Trainer Battle Theme is where it's at. I love the baseline in that song.

It also reminds me. In the event Mewtwo does return, this XY theme MUST play when you fight him.

It's nostalgic. It gets you pumped for a fight. It's pure Mewtwo.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I personally found all of the themes to be enjoyable. That or I'm just hyped to see new characters
My favorite ones so far would have to be:

1. Robin/Lucina, for being so dramatic in both song and trailer (thanks Captain Falcon)
2. Palutena, gotta love that Boss Battle theme
3. Mega Man, because I love "Wily Castle 1-2"

Little Mac's trailer music was my favorite by a hefty margin. I love the crescendo behind "World's waitin' for you, kid"

I liked the bass in the Pokemon X/Y battle theme, but I've heard that song a million times since last October so its magic has faded for me.

Last edited:

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
In reading this thread I had to think about Palutena's trailer music.

My thought was, "Palutena's trailer had music? All I remember was a lot of bull**** talking." :D

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
I love that little mac theme song, it sounds better before they ("smash-atize") it later in the same trailer.
Second is Pacman, I mean dat dheme doh.
Third is tie between Rosalina and Robin/Lucina.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Definitely Pac-Man's; gotta love those old Pac-Mania themes. Rosalina's wasn't bad either.

ikian

Smash Rookie
like LeeYawshee said, i love the recreations from guardian soul, like his new arrangement with a choir like in brawl :D

btw an user mixed an intro that he did before with this new song and, for me, it sounds way better :D

Last edited:

EndlessSmash

Smash Cadet
Loved the Lucina/Robin trailer the best.

Lucina's theme at the beginning had a very nice start up and ends nicely without continuing to the more "softer" parts of the soundtrack.

Robin's theme was essentially "Together we Ride", a real nostalgic hit which brings me back to when I first fought Marth and I remember just how beautiful it sounded in the midst of trying of the fight. This song alone made me want to play Temple every time in Melee (And before I finally realized holding L or R would give the alternate music, I would always reset till I get the soundtrack to play). I swear this song makes you play better .

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I feel like Little Mac's trailer did just about everything right to pump you up for his reveal, including the music. Out of context it's probably the Mega Man 2 medley, but in context no doubt it's Little Mac's.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Palutena's, because mmmm boss battle music~

Robin's, because it brought me back to the first time I heard "Together We Ride" and fell in love with Fire Emblem

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
1. Greninja, dat music basically sold me the character
2. Shulk, because Xenoblade OST is sheer perfection
3. Mega Man, because it made me excited even though I don't know the Mega Man franchise at all

Nielicus

Smash Lord
No love for the Pokemon X/Y Trainer theme? Whole damn trailer with Greninja and Charizard is epic.

Thissssssss, everything about that Trailer was ****ing hype

I'm also liking Shulks trailer a lot and Palutenas, then comes Rosalina. The others are amazing aswell, these are just my faves

Raijinken

Smash Master
Fire Emblem Melee will forever be my favorite song in Smash, so that one wins. As for the trailers themselves,
  1. Robin
  2. Megaman
  3. Mac
  4. Shulk
  5. Pac
  6. Mii Fighters (if you treat Reggie vs Iwata as that trailer)
  7. Palutena
  8. Greninjajaja
  9. Rosaluma (Blast it I wanted Air Ride 2)
  10. Villager
  11. Wii Fit
And as for the hype on a per-character basis apart from the trailers
  1. Robin
  2. Megaman
  3. Shulk
  4. Mac
  5. Pac
  6. Palutena
  7. Villager
  8. Miis
  9. Rosaluma