• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which will you play more: "With anyone," or "With friends?"

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Of course, I mean in the long run. Playing the same 64 people (correct me if I'm wrong [different Miis]) might be a bit boring after a while. Even if you change some of your friends, you aren't guaranteed that any will be online. Also, Friends Codes suck.

I feel I might be playing With Anyone much more than I expected at first... being a Casual and competitive, this could be the best balance between more skill (through playing a variety of people) and fun (the occasional item match).

Plus, "pwning teh n000bs" is always fun.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
With friends and hopefully it'll be more than 64 as the limit.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Depends on how often I can play friends. I'd like to play them more often, but I'll probably end up in With Anyone pretty often.

And I think people are underestimating the 64 friends thing. No one says you have to keep the same 64 friends... I doubt most people will have more than 30 friends that they really keep on there, then the others they will have available to swap around over time.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Depends, does "with anyone" have a 1v1 option? If not, eh... I dunno. If people are online often enough, probably "with friends," but if history repeats itself, people will never be online when I want to play a FC match.

NDUDE

Smash Ace
Both probably equally. I have a lot of friends who are getting SSBB, and we can all start fresh instead of me wiping the floor with them (see: Melee). =P With Anyone can be fun just to see how others play.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
definatley both, i have some friends that i will want to play with regularly, but occasionally playing someone random is good too, despite the rules.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
With Anyone.

Only a couple of my friends actually own Wiis.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
Depends on the availability of my friends!
I'd like to say "with friends" more. In the first week, at least. <3

Kiederen

Smash Cadet
Both probably equally. I have a lot of friends who are getting SSBB, and we can all start fresh instead of me wiping the floor with them (see: Melee). =P With Anyone can be fun just to see how others play.
agreed. Only one of my friends ever mastered advanced techniques, so the rest may actually play Brawl a bit better because they don't have to fight the 'advanced tech' instincts my one friend and I have built up. That's all speculation though, we still have yet to see, anything can happen. :)

HappyBirthday

Smash Cadet
A lot more people are saying "with anyone" than i would have ever expected

Not having friends isn't a reason to abandon "with friends" i mean there is an internet to find friends on

Kuroneko

Smash Apprentice
I don't know anyone who plays, or will play, so I most likely do with anyone. Kinda awkward to switch friend codes with complete strangers and call them friends ne?

HappyBirthday

Smash Cadet
I don't know anyone who plays, or will play, so I most likely do with anyone. Kinda awkward to switch friend codes with complete strangers and call them friends ne?
Friend code is just a term , i mean my real friends may as well just come over to play brawl with me.

Plus "with friends "allows you to actually set the rules, but i certainly will not ignore the ever useful "with anyone "

HappyBirthday

Smash Cadet
Friend code is just a term , i mean my real friends may as well just come over to play brawl with me.

Plus "with friends "allows you to actually set the rules, but i certainly will not ignore the ever useful "with anyone "

Tatsujinken

Smash Journeyman
Playing "with friends" appeals to me more because I enjoy 1v1 stock matches more than anything else. Playing "with anyone" doesn't even allow you to pick the number of opponents that you want to face, unless I am wrong. But yeah I'll have plenty of smash friends to play with so I'll never get lonely.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
Playing the same 64 people might be a bit boring after a while.
No, it won't be. Sixty four is A LOT more than you think, and with online tournaments, IRC channels, etc, chances are you'll be deleting and adding new people a ton of the time anyways.

CrossX

Smash Apprentice
with anyone seems extremely amusing, as I won't know who I am playing against (duh). So when my friends are busy to play, I'll just do this. But most likely I'll be switching between the balance of the two modes, they both seem great.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
With anyone when I can't/don't feel like doing a 'With Friends' match. So probably 'With Anyone' more. I feel all I will do for hours on end somedays is play 'with anyone'. Besides, I don't have to worry about the opponent(s) DCing (if they do, I'll just face a CPU, compared to what happens in With Friends.).

So With Anyone. Besides, I can show random people how useful the shield button is, and the joy of shield grabbing!

nice1

Smash Lord
depends because i would like to hav a chall. and it wouldn't be fun if i played anyone and they were all noobs

Platanos

Smash Cadet
I'll be playing With Friends more.
I'm a veteran in an AIM chatroom and I imagine most of my "With Friend" battles will be with the people there.

And maybe assorted dweebs from school who devote their life meaninglessly to Smash Bros.

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
You guys, With Friends isn't restricted to just people you know in real life. Try to expand your gameplay skills and look for friend codes online, there are plenty of sites up just for this purpose.

Billychu

Smash Cadet
Probably "With Anyone" for the sole fact that my friends won't be playing this 24/7 like I will. But ****, items suck! I don't wanna play with items!

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, With Anyone. With Friends will probably be reserved for my daily Brawls with my best friend and for online tournaments.

SGX

Smash Journeyman
I can't see myself ever using with anyone, because I can't see myself ever wanting to play 2 minute 4 player FFAs with items on, rofl.

davidcaspian

Smash Rookie
Can you set the "With Anyone" option to be without items? If not, I'll probably play more with friends. Kind of silly that sort of thing dictates it, but I can't really see myself enjoying it with items.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
With anyone because chances are, 1) my friends don't have a Wii (I'm the host for most Smash nights), 2) they can't go online, 3) I don't have many Smash friends.

illphil

Smash Apprentice
Obviously "anyone" will be online a lot more than my friends. But anytime my friends are on I will most likely play with them. And these will be real life friends, not people I meet online.

Top Bottom