• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

White gc controller

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
my current one sucks. i was thinkin to buy a white and repaint it. maybe switch the R(my current r trigger is perfect.)

i hope idont run into tech problems

LLDL

Smash Hero
Even though it is loose, that doesn't mean you don't have to break it in.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
I have a white controller and I love it :p my stick's nice and tight though, even after being broken in.

I've got a silver controller with a loose stick too that's good for playing Falco lol. But I'm letting a friend use it atm.

Velox

Smash Ace
Wait, do those white joysticks ACTUALLY have a different joystick or are you guys just complaining that you can't use multiple controllers like normal people?..

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
they take a while to break in & get used to, like all new GC controllers (but since White is the only currently available new one....... yeah). get better.

joeplicate

Smash Master
just use one controller only until you're totally used to it

as you break it in, you will get more used to it
and your controller will change to work with your fingers, too

NeoAkira

Smash Apprentice
Really? For me, the analog stick requires a little more conviction to get it to do what I want it to. I'm trying to loosen mine up right now.

Yeah, mine is the same way. The white controller's joy stick is a bit stiffer than what I'm used to.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Hmm, the control stick on both my controllers (I bought two) are a little loose :/
It still works perfectly, but it's like there is a small, oval zone in the middle where the stick won't recenter completely.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
dude i was thinking about buying anewone of this.. dies this controlers are good? because i really need one. . . but dont know

NeoAkira

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, the control stick on both my controllers (I bought two) are a little loose :/
It still works perfectly, but it's like there is a small, oval zone in the middle where the stick won't recenter completely.

Hmm, that's quite curious. Maybe they're both DOA. If it seems like a problem I'm sure they're both still within warranty. I'd try contacting Nintendo and sending them in for repairs.

dude i was thinking about buying anewone of this.. dies this controlers are good? because i really need one. . . but dont know
Before I bought my white GC controller I'd been using 3 different silver controllers, all bought within the last 2 years. I'd say the most noticable thing when switching from my silver ones to the white ones was that the L and R buttons just seemed to click so much better (more comfortably) on the white controller. And of course, as I mentioned earlier the control stick on my white controller seemed stiffer than on my silver ones, but that's of course because I hadn't broken it in yet.

Anywho I hope this helps you.

Velox

Smash Ace
Ok... let me try this again, is there any conformational differences between the old controllers and the white controllers?? (such as different dimensions to the joystick, different grip patter on the joystick, etc.)

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm...I'd say white controllers are just a bit *different* in a strange way.

The button't don't go down with the exact same feel, the controller itself has an odd texture, and the extra long cord occasionally becomes strange to have.

If you need one, buy one. I don't think these problems exist for that long before getting worn down by experience.

Bets

Smash Journeyman
you can swap out the inner workings of your old controller to your new one. all the buttons will be broken in except for L, R and Z.

j3ly

Smash Champion
yes the actual grip on the joystick is different, i noticed.
the wire is longer too as its wiiware, so some loss of signal will happen, by physics.

shorten wire = faster reaction, but were talking microseconds here.
as far as i could tell they are the same in every way other than these, i had a little look but none of the owners are my friends so i couldent open them up and check inside.

Velox

Smash Ace
ok, thanks j3ly, I was most worried about the actual joystick, changing the grip is a little gay, but who knows, I won't count it out till I for sure know the change is for the worse I guess. I've got to buy one of these it looks like..

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Does your wight gamecube controller have the official Nintendo logo on it?
I have one that doesn't have the Nintendo logo but has exactly the same shape as one.

But it sucks so bad!
But it's also HILARIOUS
haha, I bring it sometimes to tourney's and let people try it out for yucks sometimes.
You have to POWERSQUEEZE just to get Z to work.
The control stick is completely whack. It's almost impossible to do an u-tilt when you need one right away.
The jump button has to be pressed really hard, yet fast to short hop.
list keeps going on and on.

Top Bottom