• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who actually likes New Pork?

Fuggles

Smash Cadet
I have yet to meet anyone who does. Way too big and too few places to actually fight. Not to mention the random monster that can ohko you at 0%. I hate going here in All-star and never choose to brawl here. So does anyone see any potential in this stage?

mzink*

Smash Ace
The only time I enjoy it is when I'm just fooling around with CPUs. With playing with actual people, not at all. Unless we were just goofing off or something, doing stupid stuff, then I probably wouldn't mind it. I like the music though.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I recall a similar thread like this being locked awhile ago, I think it was about Hanenbow.
Oh well, this one seems to be taken more seriously.
I've always thought of New Pork City to be for casual Brawls, I'll admit, I do like it because it's not your average stage. There are plenty of glitches to discover, and it's great practice for aiming your projectiles, or practicing flying.
Despite people not liking this stage, it still deserves to be there, but I think we can all agree that Fourside would've been the better of the two stages to be in Brawl.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
"Not I," said shadenexus18 "for it's too vast of a stage."

I really don't like it especially if I'm playing against 3 other people at the same time. Why? Because they can use guerilla warfare tactics when they get lucky K.O.'s to win timed matches.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285

I really don't like it especially if I'm playing against 3 other people at the same time. Why? Because they can use guerilla warfare tactics when they get lucky K.O.'s to win timed matches.
Oh, you play With Anyone matches? :laugh:
Those should be the easiest, go for the cheap kills and hide, just like them.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
New Pork is terrible as a competitive tourney stage.

But I will say that it's my favorite stage in the game.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think on the next Smash game they should stick to just making tourney stages.
That's a great idea, but some people don't buy the game so they can play competitive smash, they play for fun. They like being unfairly killed by a stage so they can have laughs.
And besides, it was made to be casual.
Why not just make half the stages neutral and the rest terrible?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Oh, you play With Anyone matches? :laugh:
Those should be the easiest, go for the cheap kills and hide, just like them.
No way. I just have lots of siblings so we play battle royals frequently. ^^ I mean, I win on there sometimes, but I dunno....

....there's just something very annoying about New Pork City. I can't really say what it is. Maybe it's the lame music. ???

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
No way. I just have lots of siblings so we play battle royals frequently. ^^ I mean, I win on there sometimes, but I dunno....

....there's just something very annoying about New Pork City. I can't really say what it is. Maybe it's the lame music. ???
Then play stock matches. xD

I know what you mean, I think it's the camera angles, I can hardly tell what I'm doing from so far away.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
That's a great idea, but some people don't buy the game so they can play competitive smash, they play for fun. They like being unfairly killed by a stage so they can have laughs.
And besides, it was made to be casual.
Why not just make half the stages neutral and the rest terrible?
Ye, I like New Pork City as a casual stage but it's obv not competetive... Personnally wen i brawl wiv my m8s I like big stages like this coz it leads to long running away type brawls and while that's no way competetive, believe me it can be fun :p

Sonicdahedgie

Smash Apprentice
Are you kidding? The music is the best!

Anyway, I actually like New Pork city. The monster is actually pretty hard to get caught by, which makes it hilarious when you do get nom'ed by it. The size is too big, but it's still plenty fun.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I never really listen to the music, I have the sound effects turned up louder.
It helps if I can hear him say "FALCONNNN - " so I can jump out of the way by the time he says "PAWNCHHH!".

Still, I never hated a stage because of it's music.
Except for Pictochat... D:<

chandy

Smash Journeyman
I think on the next Smash game they should stick to just making tourney stages.
If they did that it wud ruin the game... Smash is not only meant to be competetive but fun too...

Ugg

Smash Champion
Blegh. Who's idea was it to put this labyrinth in instead of Fourside? :laugh:
And for that matter, where are some of the 64 stages?
Oh well, that's for another thread..

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'd love to just wall-cling with Lucario inbetween Fourside's buildings.
That'd make everything betterrr. :)

Kage Me

Smash Ace
I never really listen to the music, I have the sound effects turned up louder.
It helps if I can hear him say "FALCONNNN - " so I can jump out of the way by the time he says "PAWNCHHH!".

Still, I never hated a stage because of it's music.
Except for Pictochat... D:<
B-but... Wii Sports... Lip's Theme...

T_T

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
No Roy iz mai boi! D:

On topic, I seriously don't think Nintendo thought much about this stage. If you took away the city in the background, it could have been anything.

The only things that make this stage New Pork City is:

1. The background.
2. The Ultimate Chimera
3. The Music.

Random generic stage design ftl.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
People underestimate random more than Ness xD
But Random is top tier. :(
It's every character.

-back on topic-
I only pay attention to DKC music, I'm not even sure what else Pictochat or New Pork has.

Nicole

Smash Champion
The biggest problem with New Pork is the background, the part of the level that you can actually play on blends in with it and I can't tell what the heck's going on or where my opponent is half the time. There are lots of other problems with it too...although I do like the ultimate chimera ^_^

jorge199494

Smash Apprentice
i luv it because it has good background music from mother 3 and because its a mother 3 place im a earthbound fan w00t

hiROI

Smash Lord
I think New Pork City is a model of New York City in King Kong film. My friends and i love doing parodies of films.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Im not really a fan of it. The first one from melee is alot better. I mean I don't mind it but it's way to far away from the screen.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion

That actually.... SOUNDS FUN! New Pork City here I come! I think one of the elements of an epic battle is that you fight in tons of different locations. 75mm is way too distracting though. NPC is kewl. I actually heard some talk on making it a counterpick in one of the SMYN's.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I hate New Pork City.

It's way too big of a stage. All anyone ever does it run away and camp. And even if you attack people directly, it takes 3-6 minutes for a 3 stocked game. Estimated.

Unless you use certain tactics, such as Dsmashing them off the roof to the bottom of the stage, but either way, it's not a fun stage. The music is awesome though, especially that one song. The name escapes me at the moment...

Top Bottom