• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who agrees that Melee>Brawl? (more inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
You have to compare the two when trying to make a statement because Melee is the closest analog Brawl has. When people say this I just can't help but wonder how many times they were dropped as children. You do of course realize, when you say Brawl is better than Melee, you are making a comparison right? Thought so. STFU Scrubs.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
The point is, this game isn't melee, quit comparing the two.

They both have a different game style, requiring different tactics and skills, just because this game doesn't play EXACTLY LIKE MELEE with more characters (which it seems thats what you wanted) , doesn't mean its a bad game.

Don't like it? Go back to Melee, no difference to anyone here im sure.
People need to stop using this argument. Even if Brawl isn't Melee 2.0(more like 0.5 >_>) it IS Smash 3.0. It's the third game in a series and will inevitably be compared to its previous incarnations in an attempt to figure out if it is a worthy successor. Be honest, have you ever gone to a movie sequel and NOT said "It was better/worse than the first/second"?

Mars-

Smash Champion
Okay. Nub. Please don't try to say this topic is stupid. It is a completely logical topic. We are discussing how the slowness/floatiness/lack of AT's is affecting the game, for the worse. And yes my opinion is valid because I know what i am talking about. The only people that should say Brawl>Melee are scrubs who sucked at Melee of nubs like you who didn't play Melee (not competitively anyway) and love that you can kill someone who was amazing at Melee in Brawl, easily.

And wtf does my high post count have to do with anything? I've been around longer than you and I obviously know what I am tallking about, UNLIKE you.
Your a *******, this whole arguement is the most stupid arguement I have ever heard.

Your crying about advanced techniques? The game has been out for less then a week, stop *****ing.

Your whole point about people who like brawl sucked at melee is weak, has no proof. But I do have proof to prove you wrong. HugS, Gimpyfish, Chillendude, Wes, Eddie, do I need to list more melee pros that like brawl?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Your a *******, this whole arguement is the most stupid arguement I have ever heard.

Your crying about advanced techniques? The game has been out for less then a week, stop *****ing.

Your whole point about people who like brawl sucked at melee is weak, has no proof. But I do have proof to prove you wrong. HugS, Gimpyfish, Chillendude, Wes, Eddie, do I need to list more melee pros that like brawl?
Most of those pros also admit that Brawl is worse competitively when compared to Melee.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Melee is awesome. Brawl does suck. You people can keep fooling yourselves claiming you love this game all you want, but we all know this game sucks compared to melee. If you can get more than a three hit combo in, in this game... your playing a ****** or someone who like you is not good and never will be. The only reason people like this game is:

1)They sucked in melee
2)They have no lives and need some kind of smash to feel accomplished
3)They hope they can get good at this game because #1
4)A combination of all 3.

I'm not saying this cause I suck in Brawl either. Matter fact I can beat you all (<---FC right there, was up? Why dont we record the match too). Im just saying this game is way overated as even being decent, this game SUCKS!!!

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Melee is awesome. Brawl does suck. You people can keep fooling yourselves claiming you love this game all you want, but we all know this game sucks compared to melee. If you can get more than a three hit combo in, in this game... your playing a ****** or someone who like you is not good and never will be. The only reason people like this game is:

1)They sucked in melee

I'm not saying this cause I suck in Brawl either. Matter fact I can beat you all (<---FC right there, was up? Why dont we record the match too). Im just saying this game is way overated as even being decent, this game SUCKS!!!
I don't get this.
Anyone that likes Brawl is immediately a "Noob" ?

Your reasoning behind this? You were blabbering on about something in your post, but the fact that's its a grammatical mess makes it hard to understand.

I'm not anti-competitive, but if you really hate Brawl so much, and think everybody that does like it is a "noob", why don't you STFU and go to the Melee board.

You need to pull yourself out of your own ***.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
I don't get this.

Your reasoning behind this? You were blabbering on about something in your post, but the fact that's its a grammatical mess makes it hard to understand.

I'm not anti-competitive, but if you really hate Brawl so much, and think everybody that does like it is a "noob", why don't you STFU and go to the Melee board.

Because most of them who say "Brawl is better than Melee in everyway" are typically ones who gave up in Melee and moved on.

It always happens when people see a new game that's easier they soon think. "I'm the best whoo" and they need to also shut up because most of them couldn't handle Melee.

Melee scrubs are just saying this because it's not true. And Melee fanboys also need to STFU as well.

It's basically a double edge sword. While Brawl is easier to pick up than Melee, most can say it's for those who couldn't didn't do well in Melee at all.

So I think really you are the one who needs to GTFO.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Because most of them who say "Brawl is better than Melee in everyway" are typically ones who gave up in Melee and moved on.

It always happens when people see a new game that's easier they soon think. "I'm the best whoo" and they need to also shut up because most of them couldn't handle Melee.

Melee scrubs are just saying this because it's not true. And Melee fanboys also need to STFU as well.

It's basically a double edge sword. While Brawl is easier to pick up than Melee, most can say it's for those who couldn't didn't do well in Melee at all.

So I think really you are the one who needs to GTFO.
You don't have any proof that most of the people are like that. Have you played them in Melee?
Sure, more casuals in Melee will like Brawl better, but that doesn't make them a "noob" as the other guy pointed out.

" Scrubs" as you call them don't go around calling competitive players pathetic things. Competitive players throw around " Noob" because they think they're better at someone in a game.
=/

I agree, both sides need to shut up and realise that there are two sides to Smash. Both sides should just leave each other alone.
Casuals need to realise that Advanced techniques are not cheating, and are completely legit
Competitive players need to learn that casuals may like to play the game without advanced techniques and this doesn't make them a "noob"

Also, calm down. I was only voicing an opinion. I was telling anyone to GTFO, I was simply saying that if he doesn't like Brawl why is he posting in the BRAWL forum moaning about how his advanced techniques are gone?

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
I don't get this.

You sucked in melee and you suck in brawl. Ill play you in this gay game just to woop your UK butt just cause I can. Im not sayig everyone who likes brawl is a noob. BUT IM SAYING everyone who thinks its better...IS A NOOB. Go back to Scotland, this is America son, and we'll blow your country up.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
You sucked in melee and you suck in brawl. Ill play you in this gay game just to woop your UK butt just cause I can. Im not sayig everyone who likes brawl is a noob. BUT IM SAYING everyone who thinks its better...IS A NOOB. Go back to Scotland, this is America son, and we'll blow your country up.
Incase you didn't realize it, America is probably one of the most hated countries as of now.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
You don't have any proof that most of the people are like that. Have you played them in Melee?
Sure, more casuals in Melee will like Brawl better, but that doesn't make them a "noob" as the other guy pointed out.

" Scrubs" as you call them don't go around calling competitive players pathetic things. Competitive players throw around " Noob" because they think they're better at someone in a game.
=/

I agree, both sides need to shut up and realise that there are two sides to Smash. Both sides should just leave each other alone.
Casuals need to realise that Advanced techniques are not cheating, and are completely legit
Competitive players need to learn that casuals may like to play the game without advanced techniques and this doesn't make them a "noob"

Also, calm down. I was only voicing an opinion. I was telling anyone to GTFO, I was simply saying that if he doesn't like Brawl why is he posting in the BRAWL forum moaning about how his advanced techniques are gone?
Its not that casuals like the game, its that casuals, n00bs and scrubs attempt to assert that Brawl is better than Melee without realizing what the base argument is. Yes, the single player, online, music and collectible extras are better than Melee. However, this is not what is being argued. The discussion of RIGHT NOW in THIS THREAD is about the depth and competitiveness of the game when compared to Melee and, in that sense, Brawl is worse. Yes you can have two competitive people playing the game, but that doesn't make the game competitive. You can have competitive people flipping coins doesn't make coin flipping competitive. No matter how much you do or don't like Brawl, it has to be accepted that it's not as competitive as Melee. Everything that was taken out limits your options while everything that was added doesn't really do anything to deepen game play.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord

=/

Sorry Migraine. x.x; Messing with my head now.

And I have , one of my friends who I taught in Melee just basically gave up because "it was too hard". There are some people who just give up because it's to hard for them. Besides, what people need to understand that Brawl is spoon-feeding them to have an equal edge as to me say who played Melee competitively for two years.

And besides the game helps those who kind of went and said "F this game this game is tourney f*gs."

Eh sorry for the outbrust. Migraine. x.x;

Mars-

Smash Champion
Most of those pros also admit that Brawl is worse competitively when compared to Melee.
Link or shut your mouth.

1)They sucked in melee

Rofl. Melee was all about 1 character, fox. Nobody can deny that. Brawl on the other hand is based more on mindgames, being smarter then your opponent. You must be pretty dumb then, and that is why you are arguing.

To say that if you like brawl you suck? That is a bad arguement. Please refer a page back where I listed just a FEW of the pros that play brawl. Find me a post of them saying that they would rather keep playing melee.

Rofl at the no lives part, why are you here if you have a life? So now if somebody has a different opinion then you they have no life? Grow up kid.

Im not sayig everyone who likes brawl is a noob.
The only reason people like this game is:

1)They sucked in melee
Sounds that way to me scrub.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
What Pink Reaper said.

I like Brawl more than Melee. I never really was in to the competitive scene, and neither are my friends. I came here because it was a place to discuss Brawl and get information, and now I'm considering leaving it.

That said, you're a fool if you think Brawl > or = Melee in terms of competitivenes (which I don't think is even a word). Brawl was meant to be a party game, like Melee. Sakurai decided to make it even more noob-friendly, though. More accesable than Melee by starters/casuals, by far. I'm fine with that, it's still fun, and my friends can actually beat me now, which is more fun to me than murdering them in every match.

Sorry for liking a game that has more a competitive feel than spoon-feeding a bunch of noobs and scrubs.
I never said you couldn't like Melee more than Brawl. I just don't like people who can't respect an opinion.

Most people outside of these forums would agree that Brawl > Melee, because they don't give a **** about the competitive scene or just enjoy watching it.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Sorry for liking a game that has more a competitive feel than spoon-feeding a bunch of noobs and scrubs.
Rofl, it sounds like you just can't handle people being as good as you in brawl. It sounds like you can only beat people in melee because you have more tech skill. Thats the difference between great players and you. You really think that even though this game is more "easy", that everybody is pro level now? Then you really haven't noticed for all your melee years why pros are pros, and why you aren't.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Link or shut your mouth.

Brawl has been dumbed down. It is hardly a competitive title.

Sakurai dumbed this game down to a point where, contrary to popular belief, the winning style requires LESS thinking and LESS physical ability. How is this not clear to some of you? Oh right, because you never really "thought" in melee much...
You just blamed the opponent's adeptness with AT's as the reason for why you were losing.

Rofl. Melee was all about 1 character, fox. Nobody can deny that. Brawl on the other hand is based more on mindgames, being smarter then your opponent. You must be pretty dumb then, and that is why you are arguing.
way to be a stereotypical tourney***. And if Im correct, the last few big tournaments were won by a Jigglypuff and a Samus. In fact, if I remember correctly, the Samus that won at UCLA played against a Luigi in the finals.

To say that if you like brawl you suck? That is a bad arguement. Please refer a page back where I listed just a FEW of the pros that play brawl. Find me a post of them saying that they would rather keep playing melee.

Rofl at the no lives part, why are you here if you have a life? So now if somebody has a different opinion then you they have no life? Grow up kid.

Sounds that way to me scrub.
lolretard.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
...Why did Brawl decided to go back and freaking oh, "Hay you hardcore gamers yea, your being screwed over". It's like Sakurai decided to go all they way back to Street Fighter II to try it to make it more user friendly. The Wii is already killing hardcore games. First Metroid Prime 3, and now this? The hell Nintendo freaking sell outs.

Grevling

Smash Cadet
There's absolutely no problem with people preferring Melee over Brawl. As of right now, Melee is the deeper and more competitive game and it's perfectly reasonable to prefer it over Brawl as of right now. That being said, liking Brawl over Melee doesn't mean that someone is a noob, it just means that they have a different opinion of which game is more fun. There are lots of reasons someone could like Brawl over Melee, and there are some people who need to realize that just because someone likes something different than you doesn't give you the right to act like a pompous *** to them.

I must say that right now, I prefer playing Brawl. This has nothing to do with me being a noob or a scrub, it just means that I enjoy a different game more than other people. If you dislike Brawl, then by all means stick with Melee if that's what you have more fun with. There's nothing wrong with liking an older installment of a series, but there is something wrong with being a prick to people who disagree with you.

Mars-

Smash Champion
way to be a stereotypical tourney***. And if Im correct, the last few big tournaments were won by a Jigglypuff and a Samus. In fact, if I remember correctly, the Samus that won at UCLA played against a Luigi in the finals.

lolretard.
Rofl, if I recall correctly they won because a lot of the top players stopped trying since brawl was right around the corner.

Your failer to adapt to brawl shows why your not good. Somebody throws a curveball and you can't hit it. HugS because "good" when all the pros started cooling down.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Thats the difference between great players and you. You really think that even though this game is more "easy", that everybody is pro level now? Then you really haven't noticed for all your melee years why pros are pros, and why you aren't.
:laugh: Wow what a scrub. Hey it's ok if you suck at Melee.

I still pwn in Brawl because it's an easier transition for me than someone just starting over in Brawl.

Lol, what a ******.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
...Why did Brawl decided to go back and freaking oh, "Hay you hardcore gamers yea, your being screwed over"
I don't really see a way he could make agame as noob-friendly as Brawl and competitive at the same time.

Sakurai cares more for the casual or beginning audience. He even took the same approach with Kirby games.

Incase you practically avoided all Nintendo media for awhile, their motto is "Fun for everyone", or so.

Edit: and for the record, I think Mars is stupid.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Rofl, if I recall correctly they won because a lot of the top players stopped trying since brawl was right around the corner. But don't beleive me, beleive somebody that joined 1 month ago.
Oh, THATS why, because they weren't trying. It wasn't because, you know, HugS, Ka-Master, Mango, Eggz, SS, DSF and such are really good or anything, its because they actually suck but all the really skilled "All fox, no items, final destination only" players didn't bother to show up cus they were too busy waiting for Brawl. That explains everything.

Mars-

Smash Champion
:laugh: Wow what a scrub. Hey it's ok if you suck at Melee.

I still pwn in Brawl because it's an easier transition for me than someone just starting over in Brawl.

Lol, what a ******.
Come out to Chicago I'll gladly $100 mm you, so I can take your money.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Oh, THATS why, because they weren't trying. It wasn't because, you know, HugS, Ka-Master, Mango, Eggz, SS, DSF and such are really good or anything, its because they actually suck but all the really skilled "All fox, no items, final destination only" players didn't bother to show up cus they were too busy waiting for Brawl. That explains everything.
Rofl, look at your list of players. I didn't see any of those guys even getting close to beating somebody like M2k or Pc chris or ken months ago. Why do you think that changed?

Mars-

Smash Champion
It's called West is better. Besides why do I want to go to Chicago? :laugh:

Couldn't you settle this on Brawl? :laugh:

Oh wait that's right it's for "scrubs" only right?

GG.
We could settle it in brawl, but your saying that I am bad in melee, so therefore if you are goinig to back up that statement, you need to play me in melee. I can 4-stock your *******.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
We could settle it in brawl, but your saying that I am bad in melee, so therefore if you are goinig to back up that statement, you need to play me in melee. I can 4-stock your *******.
No thanks remember this is the internets. Nothing is serious on here.

I already get 4 stocked enough by the top players in Cali so why am I going to travel to Chicago?

Because of an Internet statement. :laugh:

Oh god you make me laugh.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
No thanks remember this is the internets. Nothing is serious on here. Yes it is. Internets is serious business. Lurk moar

I already get 4 stocked enough by the top players in Cali so why am I going to travel to Chicago?

Because of an Internet statement. :laugh:

Oh god you make me laugh.
...Chiiiickkeeen. Bok bok bok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom