• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the more boring characters? ( in your opinion )

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff is boring to use.
/thread
Why do you seriously hate Jigglypuff. You know nothing about her. Dumb Yoshi's...

And I do not mean Bwett, Mmac, Scatz, Meta, and Socks in this statement. Or Shiri cause he'll ban me.

Probably Jigglypuff because, from a technical stand point, the character offers virtually nothing and doesn't really have any good set ups. At least some of the other low tier characters like Samus, Yoshi, Mario, and Link there are a decent number of things you can look into but Jigglypuff is painfully straight forward and even so comes with little rewards. In essence, Jigglypuff is the joke character of Brawl.
Wow you have no idea what you are saying. You know nothing about her metagame which has evolved pretty rapidly recently.

I have turned a lot of people with very good tournament placings from thinking Jigglypuff is a complete and utter joke to thinking about picking her up and worrying about facving one again.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
lol, are there actually any characters that are fun to use? Seems like almost all the characters have been mentioned for most boring.

imo, Pokemon Trainer and Wario are really fun.

Cirno

Smash Journeyman
lol, are there actually any characters that are fun to use? Seems like almost all the characters have been mentioned for most boring.
That's because this thread is secretly the "who do you have a hard time against" thread.

I suppose you could easily get bored with a character if you don't know how to use them, but who's fault is that?

Kais3000

Smash Cadet
One of the most boring characters to play and/or watch is Falco. Cg's, laserlocks are very straightforward and can be done with your eyes shut. The aspect of Falco that I hate, but can play if the need arises, is his campy game. It just looks and feels just so bad. But on the other hand all the technical things that Falco can do look pretty sweet.

Edit: Play two TL's agaisnt each other on yoshi's island melee. Thats what the time limit was invented for.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Definitely Falco and Pit for me. I can't seem to do anything that isn't textbook and win. I (think) I've seen everything that they can do, and it's not really fun just copying the effective stuff instead of being able to make my own.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Haha. You mean an auto-win against you?
Speak the truth, Choknater. A Spamy Metaknight is an easier kill than gimping Olimar's Tether Recovery. Well, in general, Metaknight's an easy kill, but I don't need to start that conversation. On a random note to you though, how do you have 5,444 posts but you are a Smash n00b? I might not understand how the post count goes, but it seems you'd have a different name for having that many posts.

As for boring characters go, Mario might be a staple series character, but he's so much of a standard he's powered-down from the rest of the cast. Not to mention that his moves are all kinda... eh... as time goes on. He seems too easily outclassed by speedy people and strong people... I think he should be given some kind of boost...

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I really have no idea why they chose to not limit the range of Falco's lasers....

Well, I find Ice Climbers, Peach, Yoshi, Jigglypuff and Sonic to be really boring. Maybe it's because I suck with them. Maybe it's because I hate them. Who knows?

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo is horrendous to play against. You have to just sit there and wait for your opponent to realize he can't pick Mewtwo.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Speak the truth, Choknater. A Spamy Metaknight is an easier kill than gimping Olimar's Tether Recovery. Well, in general, Metaknight's an easy kill, but I don't need to start that conversation. On a random note to you though, how do you have 5,444 posts but you are a Smash n00b? I might not understand how the post count goes, but it seems you'd have a different name for having that many posts.

As for boring characters go, Mario might be a staple series character, but he's so much of a standard he's powered-down from the rest of the cast. Not to mention that his moves are all kinda... eh... as time goes on. He seems too easily outclassed by speedy people and strong people... I think he should be given some kind of boost...
It's a custom title.

Mario isn't actually that bad. Powerful smashes, great range, the cape and fludd for unique traits, his aerials are great for comboes. Nobody takes the time to learn him, so of course people assume he's boring. Heha, he's actually pretty fun.

Drig786

Smash Journeyman
NNID
i-DRIG-i
It's a custom title.

Mario isn't actually that bad. Powerful smashes, great range, the cape and fludd for unique traits, his aerials are great for comboes. Nobody takes the time to learn him, so of course people assume he's boring. Heha, he's actually pretty fun.
i think i said mario was boring too

and i see you made your point :3

Veng

Smash Ace
Snakes been real fun for me lately.

but I use most higher tiers for tournaments since I plan on placing better then..... well I would with a yoshi or what ever.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I like Mario. He's one of my 13 best characters. I just find that over time, other characters look better than him, by either having more useful projectiles, better shields, better recoveries, more useful sub-moves, strong and faster smashes, and plenty of people out-combo him in the air. mario just seems like a way-old-fashioned charcter... more oldfashioned than he should be.

Lovely

Smash Lord
My option? Robot, he's used so easily that it's not fun. ♥

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, I guess Luigi has always been pretty boring with FSs off, Pit gets old once the jokes do, and Toony's pretty boring....

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
MK is really boring.
He is boring to play, boring to play against, boring to watch... Bleh.

Dedede is close second.
MK is boring and lame.
Characters with easy chaingrabs like Falco and Dedede are boring to watch too.
These guys speak the truth.
anybody who says MK is boring needs to watch a match of M2K
I have, and I was still bored.
^ agreed, the person playing Meta Knight doesn't change a thing.
I personally find Kirby boreing to play as (Probably as I suck using him)
Darn, I was happy that nobody had exclusively Kirby. Until you ruined it >_>

I'm surprised at all the people saying Jigglypuff. Definitely not what I expected...what other character can spam Sing on the ledge of a stage?

I agree, Mario isn't boring.

I came in here expecting everyone to say Meta Knight and Snake like me. But apparently everyone hates Jigglypuff.

The reason Meta Knight is boring is obvious.

The reason Snake is boring is because, even though he can do flashy stuff, it would essentially be best for him to camp with grenades and C4 and use his broken tilts :|

It's also boring to play against him because he is WAY too heavy and lives to ridiculously high percentages. Sometimes I lose to crappy Snakes (or the game is closer than it should have been) just because he lives like 30% higher per stock than he really should be.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Marth.

Ftilt = sword swipe to the side!
Utilt = sword swipe to the air!
Fsmash = powerful sword swipe to the side!
Usmash = powerful sword swipe to the air!

And you can't forget his aerials!

Fair = forward slash!
Uair = upward slash!
Dair = downward slash!
Bair = backward slash!

Maybe it's just his moveset, but I'm going overall. :p

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Snake because real men don't use him. But for real, he's not too fun to play as for me.

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
Falcon is boring. Aside from the odd Falcon Punch you manage to land (Out of the millions that you attempt to initiate, mind you), there is nothing in his moveset that makes him interesting. The fact that his character plays pretty clunky overall is also a reason I avoid him. All I am able to do with him are some auto-cancelled dairs and dthrow > dash attack combos. Not a very impressive arsenal, to say the least. Also, he's bottom on the tier list. =P

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I'm sorry. No kill moves? I'm pretty sure every move of his is a kill move.
It was a sarcastic comment aimed towards a joke thread. Did you not even see the cute li'l Mini-Dorf under my name?

Once again, +1.

K-Dog244

Smash Cadet
Lucario since he sucks balls, jigglypuff, spama knight (lol), Marth, Ganon, and anyone that you can spam a move with. :chuckle:

Top Bottom