• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the most annoying Pokes to go up against?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Altaria. Natural Cure is a pain to deal with.

Shedinja and Sableye gave me so much trouble ingame today. Running through Emerald with just a Breloom and Vigoroth and I've come to realize that I only have Fighting/Normal moves.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I particularly dislike going up against machamp, gengar and breloom. Gengar not as much as in DP (I hate sleep) but still...I hate him.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Half of the Pokémon in OU can OHKO or 2HKO Blissey. She's not that bad.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Half of the Pokémon in OU can OHKO or 2HKO Blissey. She's not that bad.
True, but you still have that reaction like "oh, no!" whenever Blissey appears. I have the same reaction with Miltank and Shuckle; they give me headaches.:urg:

M.K

Level 55
Eww Miltank.
It always seems that EVERY OTHER MILTANK is absolutely GODLY, but mine (if I decide to raise them) aren't. It's very frustrating, especially when you see one come out as the 3rd or 4th Pokemon in Battle Tower Doubles, because then you're just like "Oh, for ****'s sake, what the ****, I'm done" and throw your DS halfway across the room, because you have to kill it with a Glaceon.
Dumb thick-fatted animals.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Eww Miltank.
It always seems that EVERY OTHER MILTANK is absolutely GODLY, but mine (if I decide to raise them) aren't. It's very frustrating, especially when you see one come out as the 3rd or 4th Pokemon in Battle Tower Doubles, because then you're just like "Oh, for ****'s sake, what the ****, I'm done" and throw your DS halfway across the room, because you have to kill it with a Glaceon.
Dumb thick-fatted animals.
Heck, yes!
Usually, my physical sweeper is knocked out and one of them happens to show up, and I'm like ****!!!:mad:

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
any pokemon with protect and a lucky trainer.
They spam protect and it works some how.

And i just figured out, my Honchkrow has night slash, (the move with a high critical hit ratio) Plus the lucky abilty it can have. and a crital sash thing that inceses critical hit ration= lot of critcs.

Kintenbo

Smash Cadet
Whether it be encountering it in the wild or actual battles, Wobbefett never fails to make me cringe! With Destiny Bond, one of my Pokemon fainting is inevitable, and the rest of fighting it is a guessing game. Shadow Tag makes the wild ones torture, well, at least at early points where you can't faint them in one hit.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Suicune - One Calm Mind on a forced switch is usually GG.

Salamence - No true counter, usually have to sacrifice and revenge. If only Tyranitar were uber. Cress <3

Tyranitar - CB Pursuit is just too gay, not to mention sand stream. :[ A good team built around a Cursetar is so hard to beat. Dx *cough* Flamethrowa *cough*

Scizor - CB isn't so bad, but SD Sciz (especially ones with Roost) is too annoying. I don't know how many times I would've 4(+)-0'd and lost my Heatran and got swept.

Wobbuffet - Must I explain?

Less notably:

Skarmory, Blissey, Roserade, Hippowdon, Gengar, Heatran, and Infernape.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
wobbuffet: he's like the only psychc my yanmega can't beat

palmer's milotic: it's his most annoying pokemon the first time you battle him

clair's kingdra: becuase my only strong pokemon was a typhlosion who knew only fire type moves and normal type moves at the time

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Keep discussion related to competitive battles. I don't want to see "zubat because it's everywhere, etc"

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Most of Battle Tower annoyances are just stupid.

Wobbuffet - Already explained.
Double Team - Evasion Clause should really take affect under the Battle Tower.
Pokemon with OHKO moves - Semi-manageable.
Pokemon with low accuracy moves - Irritating since they just always hit every single time, such as 0rly's Dragon Rush Garchomp example.
This. I like how Battle Frontier (and the Battle Tower in Generation 3) has no Self KO Clause, despite the fact that the Pokemon Stadium games has had that rule for years.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
This. I like how Battle Frontier (and the Battle Tower in Generation 3) has no Self KO Clause, despite the fact that the Pokemon Stadium games has had that rule for years.
Yeah. The fact that the clause is off ruins various chances at higher streakers since they just Sheer Cold your +4 Rampardos to death.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Mr otter we should play sometime, you ever on shoddy?

Also my big annoyance is def rotom. I just can't ever work out what moveset they are potentially runnig for at least one, if not more often two turns. I just cringe whenever I see one :(
Also not a huge fan of umbreon but use it in one of my teams so can't complain lol

rockem7

Smash Ace
I already answered your question. I don't want to see those kinds of posts because they are already made everywhere else. Keep it related to competitive situations, this includes the battle tower.
You might as well just move this thread to the battle tower then. And change the OP so that the directions no longer state "This isn't for just competitive pokemon."

Pika25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pika250
3DS FC
0173-1819-2264
the most annoying move in the game TRICK/SWITCHAROO those moves just kill the metagame imho
which the Killer Nacho is a devout fan of, using it on Dustbuster the Furret. (Nacho has retired his competitive 4th-gen battle career, but might be interested in 5th-gen)

On the topic of annoyers, Xerxes built an NU team around Sub-Seed Jumpluff named Faerie. The only things walling Faerie are opposing Grass types (which Xerxes has Charizard for).

EpicSandwich

Smash Rookie
Breloom: pretty much gauranteed one pokemon is going to put to sleep and focus punched right in the nuts. Also since it has poison heal just plain annoying, you can never status them.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
^

I hate Breloom too. It along with the NUOU Sharpedo are the bane of my existence. I seriously hate ****ing Spore bro.

If only Jumpluff could get it though. I wouldn't be getting screwed out of Sleep Powder misses outside of Machamp's Pants :mad:

EpicSandwich

Smash Rookie
^

I hate Breloom too. It along with the NUOU Sharpedo are the bane of my existence. I seriously hate ****ing Spore bro.

If only Jumpluff could get it though. I wouldn't be getting screwed out of Sleep Powder misses outside of Machamp's Pants :mad:
i know they give spore to a pokemon with 130 base attack, and stab focus punch. While in return they give Jumpluff sleep powder, i think they mixed it up in my opinion. >.>

M.K

Level 55
In the Battle Tower, I'd have to say the multitude of Hitmontops, Dusclops, and Primeapes.
The only "threatening" one of that bunch is Primeape, but Hitmontop and Dusclops always have these little movesets that are designed to drive you up a wall.
Oh, and Chansey/Blissey JUST for the AGES it takes for the health bar to go down. I find it annoying. It's like "yeah, I know I just OHKO'd it, could the HP Bar move a little faster pleaseeee?"

EpicSandwich

Smash Rookie
Meta-Kirby i think the battle tower as a whole is designed to piss people off. Every pokemon there gets the most annoying hax to place on your pokemon or seem to get crits on almost every hit. at least for me.

Top Bottom