• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are your mains so far... how do you feel about the characters?

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
My mains will be Lucario, Meta Knight, Kirby, and Pokemon trainer.

I've unlocked everyone, but I haven't gotten a chance to try everyone out in vs yet. Overall, I haven't seen any big problems with any one. Their are some characters that I want to look into a little more, R.O.B., ZSS, Pika, maybe even Pit.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
For some reason i LOVE wario.
I can pull of some nice, smooth combos with him, and i think hes crazy fast for a fat dude with gas.

I was playing this marth, and he didn;t even get a chance to move. I also love his final smash, but the handling and kind of annoying, and his recovery is lacking but i just havent gotten used to the bike or the waft for getting back.

I was a young link main, and he seems to be the complete opposite style from him, but he just works with me.

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
I'm fond of Peach, who wasn't nearly as nerfed as I thought. (or with how I played her anyway)
Dedede, though I doubt he'l be much more than an occasional fancy as his playstyle is very different than what I'm used to.
Kirby is like the pink puff ball I've loved and lost.
Jiggz is like the one I always loved and never stopped loving
Wolf's a combo ninja.
Toon Link is great.
Zelda is a powerhouse and Sheik is a combo ninja still, Together they're gods.
ROB is zany and fun, yet very powerful. Razing someone with his laser rocks

Tired of listing off traits, Olimar, Pit, Metaknight, Lucario, Lucas, Ness, Luigi...

I doubt I'd use ALL of them a lot, but becoming proficient with them helps predict them.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
Pit, Meta Knight, and Sonic (and I'm also good as Lucario, but I don't think I want to main him). I'm still not sure who I want to main.

AshumsTheMoose

Smash Cadet
I need to adjust my Pika, the controls feel different to me for some reason. But I am loving his toughness.

Also, Pit feels pretty nice. I may main him. I've not got around to unlocking all the characters yet, but I will soon, and hopefully find another I like. :3

pirkid

Smash Lord
So, Pit for overuse tier then?

/kidding

But seriously, EVERYONE likes him. Not saying it's a bad thing, but it may proceed into some horrid things in the future.

"Don't listen, he's crazy."

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
I would love to main Olimar and Sonic but Olimar is a bit hard to get a grip of (from maining falco) and i'm a little pissed about sonics one move, I mean wtf he rolls up in a ball on every special move! I understand that it's sonic but wtf.

So far I like Pit Falco Ike and Lucario

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
pika is def. one of my mains, i have absolutely ***** with him

and i love PT and Diddy, they both turned out to rock like i expected

overall im just excited how so many of the characters are fun to play with and have potential to win

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I came in expecting to main Diddy and Lucario
boy, was I wrong.

In order I like (and this surprised even me)

1. Lucas
2. Olimar
3. Falco (my melee main, HUGE upgrade IMO)
4. Diddy
5. Ivysaur(/PT)
6. Lucario

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Quick question for those who know.

Can you choose Zero suit Samus as a cpu player? So say your Pit and you wanna play against cpu Dedede, Snake and Zamus. Is that possible?

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
Diddy is pretty much my favorite character at the moment. Playing FFA's with my friends and littering the playing field with banana peels while laughing is quite satisfying. The only problem is that as of now I'm not as good at consistently KOing. I can combo and rack up damage pretty well with Diddy so far (banana peel combos=awesome) but I can't always finish the job until high percentages.

Pit is another character I like. But same problem as Diddy. I can combo pretty well but KOing comes a little harder sometimes.

Pokemon Trainer, though, is the character I want to play most. The good thing about Pokemon Trainer is that Ivysaur and Charizard are pretty good at KOing (exploding Ivysaur bulb ftw). Squirtle I'm kind of getting the hang of. I'm decent at comboing with them as well, I suppose.

Other than that, Olimar is awesome. Luigi and Marth I still like to play with. Metaknight frustrates me most of the time. And Dedede I can't do anything with right now.

Riolu

Smash Apprentice
King Dedede, Olimar, and Lucas. I was so surprised, especially with Olimar, how naturally I worked with them.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I am honestly loving all the characters so far, excluding Jigglypuff and perhaps the Ice Climbers. Also, for some reason, I just can't get the hang of using Metaknight.

I'd have to say though, my favorite is currently a tie between Ike, Snake, and Ganondorf. Closely followed by most everyone else.

6footninja

Smash Ace
I mained pit, it just sucks that everyone is maining him as well. I would rather main a character not as many people leap for, makes me feel a little more unique. Hopefully after some practise ill find somone

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
so far i have a really great feel for Lucas. hes incredible balanced and can be a beast if played well.

Kuronekokun

Smash Cadet
Kirby, Lucas, Toon Link, Ike, erm... many others...

I'm having trouble dedicating myself to just one character :/

Obligatoryfinalboss

Smash Apprentice
On that one street, on the hill, next to the tree
Seriously, I like the "new" Link a LOT better! He was the first one I tried out, and I thought the new style of movement was actually better. Hosted a party at my house and lost only twice, and only then by bad luck. This may only be that I've not played anyone of pro caliber yet, but so far it's going great!!

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I've only put about 15 hours into the game so far, so I'm still not entirely sure who I will main:

Previous main: Link
Verdict: I just plain don't like him anymore. While some aspects of his game have been improved, a lot of it has lost its appeal (to me).

Previous main: Bowser
Verdict: A near opposite of Link, I love this Bowser much, much more than his Melee incarnation (though I loved him before, too). He's slightly faster, more durable, and MUCH better looking. All in all, if there is any character on the roster that calls my name right now, it is Bowser.

Current interest: Falco
Verdict: There isn't much to say here. I'm a fan of the Starfox series, but the characters didn't really appeal to me in the previous games. This time, however, Falco has definately caught my eye, and I actually have fun playing as him.

Current interest: Meta Knight
Verdict: My sentiments are really no different from anyone elses on this character. He's cool, and he's fun to use. In the end, I'll probably use him quite often, but he'll be one of those characters that I internally spout profanities at for a lack of power moves. Though, I have found that he is a beast in the air, especially off-stage.

Current interest: King Dedede
Verdict: I'm pretty torn on Dedede. On one side, he's a character that I really like, and he plays fairly well. But, aside from projectile spam and chain-grabbing (even though it's a lot), I don't really see what he has above Bowser. Maybe I'm just biased, seeing how Bowser is my favorite Nintendo character. Either way, I like him, but he isn't anything extraordinary.

Honorable Mentions: Ike, Snake, and Luigi
Verdict: These are basically characters that I will pick up every once in a while but mosst likely not devote any real attention to.

Kinsei_Kensei

Smash Apprentice
I have several this time around but I'll put them in order for least liked to most awsome....

6.) Diddy (he's "meh". Good but not great. He got alot of wins for mye in SSE so he deserves a spot on my "Main" list)

5.) Wolf (Doesn't impress me all too much right now. His strength is nice, though. I'll give him a chance...)

4.) Lucario (I thought he was going to be a Mewtwo clone but he's proven himself WAAAAY better and more fun)

3.) Falco (He's way better in Brawl, imo. love the new forund uniqueness in his moveset)

2.) Pit (He really impresses me. His moveset really works for me and don't get me started on his recovery! He actually ties for 1st with the great and powerful...)

1.) Fox (Wether its 64, Melee, or Brawl, Fox will remain my main main.)

Forget Me Not

Smash Apprentice
I totally dig Lucas. His Dair is awesome with shorthops and his Bair I love. The PK fire he does is awesome in multibrawl and his PK thunder I feel is better than Ness'.
Mario I think changed for the better. With the replacement of his Dair with the Mario tornado and the addition of FLUDD should be interesting. His Bair I like too.

Sinstra

Smash Rookie
Well after waiting in line for an hour and a half at our local Gamecrazy on saturday night 12am-1:30am.
Than not sleeping till 7pm sunday. Our Wii told us we played for 30hours? I think that has something to do with the whole time change? But ive fallen in love with Olimar.

Olimar has great smash attacks with the diffrent types of Pikmin, he has good range on his grab. And he seemed to be a character that my friends would never expect someone to be good with. I showd them.

But i also like using Lucas, he has great killing moves, his pk freeze is just awesome in general. The only thing i dont like so mucha bout him is his pkfire in the air goes straight instead of the 45 Degree angel version....

D-Hero

Smash Rookie
Main: MetaKnight ( but he lacks a strong ok move)

Uses: Mario and Lucas is growing on me...

trying to get better with Lucas tho... His air back kick is a heck of a down spike...

ZidaneK13

Smash Rookie
Ike and Luigi. Luigi was my main in the last two smashes but I'm so much better with Ike in this one than with Luigi for some reason...

Also i rule the online play with Ike...Luiginot so much...

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf as expected and maybe ROB or Wario, but wow has Bowser lost combo capability. Thats just what i think so far.

EDIT: Wow just found new main, DeDeDe and he is amazing.

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
I really like playing as Ike. Snake, too. He's a wicked interesting character, and there's no better feeling than sticking an opponent with C4 and using it to steal a kill or, even better, Smash Ball.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Lucario just stuck with me ever since I first unlocked him and played him. I tried Meta Knight, who I previously thought I would main, but he hasn't really clicked with me yet like Lucario has.

Master Aether

Smash Rookie
Ike is definitely my main character. I generally go for speed, so I'm kind of surprised. I also like Zero Suit Samus, Pokemon Trainer, Meta Knight, and Marth.

I'm a little disappointed in how most of the unlockable characters were old characters.

Top Bottom