• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Creates Worst Play Experience

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Just about threw my controller/s (CCP and Wiimote >.>) at the tv tonight playing against Ivy.

dat Razor Leaf v.v

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Falco is considered campy? How? He can laser camp but that's not winning any Falco's their matches. He's like the ultimate aggressive character
You are severely underestimating the power and capability of the safest lockdown option in the game. The move by itself makes the dynamic of the spacing game irrelevant.

Hell the move by itself makes near entire characters irrelevant.

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
You are severely underestimating the power and capability of the safest lockdown option in the game. The move by itself makes the dynamic of the spacing game irrelevant.

Hell the move by itself makes near entire characters irrelevant.
Yup. Many people may find it "lame" or whatever but it's better to play keep away if you can. There is no need to approach if you don't have to and Falco does not have to against most characters. I mean, do you see Ryus rushing down Zangiefs in Street Fighter? Make your opponents come to you.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Fox is like twice as aggressive as Falco and Fox is still HELLA campy.

Smash is by nature a campy, patient, spacing game that rewards players for quick decision making, not for aggro frametraps (Falco has all of 1 frametrap)

Nemiak temp

Smash Apprentice
In no universe is fox more aggressive than Falco. He's faster but that's just about it. Falco has a ridiculous pressure game with hella frame traps. Fox can pressure certain characters but he's more of a tech chasing/bait-punish kinda guy.

Nemiak temp

Smash Apprentice
We're not talking about in a vacuum though. And **** all that theory ****. No player will ever be able to do that with fox

The_NZA

Smash Lord
All i'm reading is some weird debate around whether two characters built around non-committal projectiles are somehow "not campy" and another pointless debate on which character with a frame 1 combo starter is more or less aggressive. Dafuq smashboards.

MrBigstuff

Smash Apprentice
Falco has the best camping ability, plus he's flipping Falco. People are complaining about Zelda and Ivy, both of which get outcamped by a top tier who also has ridiculous rushdown.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Entire past discussion:

Seriously guys what the ****

D

Deleted member

But to stay on topic Ivysaur's Razor Leaf spam gets my jimmies rustled faster than any other character can.
It's less of spam, and more of the fact that her Razor Leaf is like an automatic pressure tool. You can change the speed of it, if you ps it then it won't even go far enough out to hit the ivy, if you shield it then it goes through your shield and ivy gets a free grab into w/e, if you roll behind then the leaf is still there to get you, if you jump over the leaf then ivy can fair/nair/bair where you are, if you clank it Ivy still gets the grab...Am I missing anything?
Also Ivy has really safe and good tilts. Those are pretty dumb to deal with.

Lex Jewthor

Smash Apprentice
It's less of spam, and more of the fact that her Razor Leaf is like an automatic pressure tool. You can change the speed of it, if you ps it then it won't even go far enough out to hit the ivy, if you shield it then it goes through your shield and ivy gets a free grab into w/e, if you roll behind then the leaf is still there to get you, if you jump over the leaf then ivy can fair/nair/bair where you are, if you clank it Ivy still gets the grab...Am I missing anything?
Also Ivy has really safe and good tilts. Those are pretty dumb to deal with.

On top of her Nair being really good at getting out of pressure. Like, almost Luigi Nair good at it. Oh, it also combos really well into her own ****. Also, her up B seems waaay to safe, and fast. Only option I have is holding the ledge and then hitting her when she is forced to jump. I really, really hate Ivy right now. Basically, I camp her the **** out with Bananas.

Also, Fox, but only because you seem to slide off the edge a loooot easier in P:M than in melee, so a shine near the edge will probably make you slip off.

Squartle

Smash Apprentice
Squirtle is not a broken character. He's not even that great.

I still love him though.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Ivysuar is not that bad. You are just forced to pick a character where that is true...LOL

If you decide to get a character with limited speed, and a bad/no projectile...then you are forced to be annoyed to death.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's ok, she's gonna get trimmed down

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
You can't make everyone like fox. I just think range and anti-approach design is not very...melee'ish. You can approach Peach and Puff as gay as they are. You can't really approach Ivy with some characters.

Still, Ivy isn't as broke as people make her out to be. She still loses to the people who beat her for the most part. she's just better at beating up people who she beat up in 2.5.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Playing against Ivy is like taking a cheese grater and cackling meniacally, while you ponder angles of attack on your cat.

It's morally wrong.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Not as impressive with cell phones these days

Top Bottom