• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who do you feel is the best edge guard character?

NNID
Budget_Player
MK, no question. You can hardly gimp an MK, plus the Dair, Fair, and Nair are all great techs for this.
Snake is a little overhyped IMO, although there's no questioning the mortar slide
Diddy is also great.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
MK - Shuttle Loop - Dair for Stage spikes and easy gimps - Nair - Multiple ways to come back glide/down/side/up/neutral special

Rob - Laser can take away jumps and snipe characters like IC (desync) and Pit's wings- Gyro -Bair and Fair - Also Dair is a spike which lets him hover for a bit.

Diddy -- Side B its a grab so its hard to avoid in a bad situation for some characters- Up B can spike and recover - Bananas are god for set ups.

Wario and Jiggs - Nice aerial maneuvering and recovery. WoP and devestating down Bs can also go under stages for what ever reason to stage spike gliders or anything really.

Shiek - Her legs are fine.

DDD and Kirby - they have the Suicide(Kirbycide) and DDD's a swordsman. I dont need to go into this.

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
Mario has some amazing edge guarding options. Luigi also is able to edgeguard very effectively thanks to his incredibly aerial potential. Rob, thanks to his aerials and projectiles, can edge guard very well.

Snake is able to utilize a variety of his moves to edge guard. D3 is also able to prevent recoveries exceptionally well. I enjoy using Falco however, as he is a formidable opponent on and off stage. However, I vouch for Peach as being one of the best thanks to her floats and turnips.

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
Sharjah - the United Arab Emirates. (UAE)
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
A lot of characters are good...

Meta Knight, Kirby, DeDeDe and ROB: Amazing recovery with great aerials. You're dead.
Mario: Lots of edgeguarding tools are in his disposal. A master of cape and FLUDD will edgeguard your butt.
Ness and Lucas: PK is nice (especially when tail whipped), but there's also PK Freeze, PK Flash, and Ness's PK Fire-to-meteor that we can't forget.
Marth and G&W: Floaty. Aerials have good range. Can cause problems.
Snake: Mentioned previously. Give him some time, half of the stage becomes against you.
Falco: Pew pew pew! And a spike.
Pit: 3 extra jumps, strong aerials, a shield (that acts like Mario's cape when "sweet spotted"), arrows that can be aimed and wings to make it back.
Peach: Can float, throw turnips (believe me, that helps), and her F-air is a killer. Can use Toad to counter those who attack her, since his barf has more knockback this time.

That's all I can think of right now.
Basically, a lot of characters are good at edgeguarding. You just have to be good at it.

Top Bottom