• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you have the most trouble with?

Izzhov

Smash Cadet
Snake has a lot of match-ups which are heavily in his favor, but there are still some which are not. I've heard many names thrown out as possible Snake counters: R.O.B., Falco, Pikachu, Olimar, Donkey Kong, et al. But I think it would be helpful to hear from the Snake mains themselves. So, which character do you have the most trouble beating when you're playing as Snake, and why do you think you have trouble with said character?

Izzhov

Smash Cadet
I always thought Snake had the advantage over Meta Knight. Care to explain why you have trouble with him?

Izzhov

Smash Cadet
I can see how ROB would be a problem because he outcamps Snake, but why Meta Knight? I thought Snake was a Meta Knight counter. O_o

Sol

Smash Lord
mk counters snake, snake counters mk
Snake and mk counter each other
Like mk worst matchup is snake and snakes worst matchup is mk (DDD) is a close second though

somefatkid

Smash Rookie
Daaaaaaaaaa

MK hands down.
Medaknight is to short to be hit by a lot of snakes moves and MK is the best juggling character in the game. Snake is probably the most easily juggled character in the game it doesn’t take rocket science to figure out why it’s a hard matchup.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
mk counters snake, snake counters mk
Snake and mk counter each other
Like mk worst matchup is snake and snakes worst matchup is mk (DDD) is a close second though
snake's worst matchup is not mk by any means...ROB is definitely first on his list, then maybe ddd next

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
I always thought Snake had the advantage over Meta Knight. Care to explain why you have trouble with him?
I agree that Snake has an advantage over Meta Knight, but maybe MK's aerials are a problem. :ohwell:

Statistically (from the Brawl Match-Up Chart), Snake has trouble with Donkey Kong and R.O.B.

Personally, I have trouble with another Snake. The reason is because it is an opponent you (or at least, I) would least expect to fight. The match-up is dead even and it all comes down to pure skill.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Fine for everyone that doesn't know why MK does well vs Snake, I'll spell it out.

Snake is weak in the air. Metaknight is amazing in the air. When Snake is above Metaknight, it's really really hard to get down safely. You can do a few things to get down like random bairs/fastfalling, hold a grenade, momentum switch but overall Metaknight can deal a ton of damage to Snake when he's in the air.

Metaknight can edgeguard Snake to death once Snake is off the stage using Nairs, fully charged Dairs, and his Up B. His Up B doesn't even needed to be spaced that well, and he doesn't even have to go for reverse. If MK aims for Snake's upper body, the cypher hits MK and he can get back to the stage.

Snake is good on the stage vs MK but at the same time MK's approaches are good enough to get inside SNake once in a while, and that's all it takes.

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
I've learned to counter most Snake counters, but I'm having trouble with this one guy's Pikachu. He chaingrabs one direction, does a reverse chaingrab by doing a pivot grab, takes me to the edge (I now have 60% damage) and F-throws me off. Now, Pikachu's got some crazy edgeguarding against Snake. His thunder isn't too hard to avoid, but if you're careless, it hurts. He then comes out and uses his dair on me. I'm pretty low near the stage now and I use my cypher. As I fly up, he grabs me so I can't jump again and that's it, one stock already taken care of.

Well, don't get grabbed I guess :p

I suppose I could use C4 recovery though, haven't tried that out yet.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
First off, that Pikachu player should just do a release grab so you fall straight down. And yes, use C4 recovery and position yourself so that you don't get hit by Thunder....If you see yourself getting hit, mash towards the stage so you don't get hit by another one.

Top Bottom