• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

Smash Hero
ROFL, like I suggested in the other thread. We should make some sort of patrol for pwning scrubs and n00bs. XD
Speak more of this patrol.

Also, did you see the vid that I posted in this forum Johnknight? It's a gooden.
Don't look, John--you'll turn to stone! Lol, jk--the vid's teh t!ts.

ksadkiller

Smash Apprentice
im sure that whatever they do, we'll adjust to it. because they changed a lot of stuff from n64 to melee. and we got used to it. so i'm not worrying

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
ROFL, like I suggested in the other thread. We should make some sort of patrol for pwning scrubs and n00bs. XD

Also, did you see the vid that I posted in this forum Johnknight? It's a gooden.
No I didn't see that vid, can you give me a link=???

BTW, we call the anti-n00b patrol the Galatic Empire! XD Or the scrube pwners! XD All are welcome to join, as long as they aren't total haters! ^_^

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
About the physic's engine, is it true they're using one called Havok which was also used in the game Crackdown?

(Read this in a gaming magazine, but just double checking.)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfA69V15SwI

Here it is! The improved (somewhat) NES n00b Falcon!!!!!

I love the techchasing and the ending. STOMP!

Edit: We better start gathering supplies for this patrol. It will be a long fight. Especially with the posters we see now a days. Also, I got n00b in my name. So it might be a little ironic I am in this patrol.
Nice ending, FALCOOONNN PUUUNNNNCHHH! Rarely see that pulled out so perfectly timed and executed. If you see me on kaillera or SSBB online, please don't **** me too bad! XD

That ending was amazing, you gave him the foot, the knee, and the FALCON PUNCH!!!

I have everything ready. And you can be a spy, the username helps. ;) Also, I find it funny when you played your tagname was "n00b". Adds shame to losses, lol=perfect username! :)

AlphaGoldFrog

Smash Cadet
This is a series that is fun for all types of people. You can have the n00bs who just use items for the entire battle, and then there are the hardcore gamers who use combos and all out force. I for one am not worried at all about this game being "just for n00bs".

Spoon Man

Smash Apprentice
well it looks like yoshi's back (little surprise there) and he actually gets a third jump this time around. Personally I think that it's not that great considering it will either be minimal due to his huge second jump, his second jump will be nerfed in some way, or his recovery will be broken. No matter the outcome, I never like that character anyways...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
About the physic's engine, is it true they're using one called Havok which was also used in the game Crackdown?

(Read this in a gaming magazine, but just double checking.)
Awww crap, I never played Crackdown so I don't know about that engine. I have that issue of EGM though but I wouldn't be surprised if they were wrong.

EDIT: EGM made a typo one month saying Fox was in SSB64 but not in Melee, they fixed it the next week but that's not the point.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I kinda hope wavedashing is in Brawl, but I doubt it anyways, if it is I'll be happy. Also, I want to pwn scrubs too [of course, I'm still a noob, but I'm not a scrub].

Ok, this is some serious nitpicking here, but lag doesn't need to eliminated COMPLETELY; signals just need to be processed fast enough to maintain the framerate (meaning, an opponent's inputs has to be processed so it can appear on your system by the next frame). Assuming a generous 60 fps framerate, that means one frame is processed in 16.7 milliseconds. At the speed of light, signals would cover 3000 miles in that time.

But you're still right... in reality signals won't reach the speed of light, and even if they did, I'm sure the Wii hardware would still bottleneck the process.

Another note: lag will only hurt the small percentage of players who require split second timing. For the vast majority, minor lag won't be a huge issue.

(And after reading through some older posts...Superstar, I will totally pwn you in Yahoo Chess if you want :D)
Well, of course. Lag would severely hurt pivot and SWD [if they stay] as they require 1 frame timing. But for most techs, and for the vast majority of players, slight lag is not a problem, its when you get to MKDS lag... [of course, I'm sure they won't screw up that bad, again].

If we played Yahoo Chess, you would own me, I have never checkmated anyone in my life, I am horrible in the game. :)

RDK

Smash Hero
Those bas_ards over at 4chan can go die in a hole.

I'm just surprised Dylan even listened to what they had to say.

(I'm reading your rant right now, Fawriel).

Superstar

Smash Champion
It frankly gets very annoying. Yup, it was mentioned correctly, this 4chan is the armpit of the internet. They are worse than scrubs. They don't just CALL you cheap, but insult and laugh at you in huge numbers for enjoying the metagame.

I read your rant Fawriel, good stuff, and I'll see Axem's video shortly.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Whoo-hoo! Tornado Zone 2 is finished!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RMPlicu3OYY

Now I can work on some easier levels...

Anyway, did I miss anything big lately? I saw the Yoshi update and laughed, it was only a matter of time.
First of all, that level is insane on so many levels (pun maybe intended).

As to what you missed, the influx of scrubs, idiots, spammers, and nubs is overwhelming. There is way too many of them and they are worse posters then the usual scrub. It is definitely dark times my friend.

You also missed my vid. . . . . . . .maybe. XD

Edit: Maybe I should read the rant, too.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
First of all, that level is insane on so many levels (pun maybe intended).

As to what you missed, the influx of scrubs, idiots, spammers, and nubs is overwhelming. There is way too many of them and they are worse posters then the usual scrub. It is definitely dark times my friend.

You also missed my vid. . . . . . . .maybe. XD

Edit: Maybe I should read the rant, too.
NES n00b, there's only going to be more, so get ready.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Guys, don't bother. The way 4chan works is that one person sees something they think can gain popularity, they post it, it gains popularity. Then they go to wherever the guy hangs out and span the **** out of him. Then, after a couple of weeks, they'll get bored and leave. It's in their nature. If we don't do anything, they'll go away and we'll be able to go back to our own business again. There's no reason to form a full-fledged organization (I'm talking to you, JohnKnight1) to fight this. We don't need to fight it. It'll just leave.

Fawriel

Smash Master
In the end, I guess that turned out to be true. The forum I posted the rant on had to temporarily disable registration due to an infiltration.

I feel kinda guilty, but in the end, at least I did it for a friend.
Gonna delete the previous posts and the link in my sig, though, to make it a little less likely for me to be found here.

RDK

Smash Hero
Gonna delete the previous posts and the link in my sig, though, to make it a little less likely for me to be found here.
Lol...destroy the evidence!

But it was a good rant anyway, Fawriel. And that's hilarious if you caused a registration error after posting. :chuckle:

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Unfortunately, there seems to be more than just 4chan people here. . . . . . . . . hopefully, all the 4chan people and other stupid people get banned or leave. The level that these new brand of scrubs/spammers put into their bad posts is horrific.

Also, the patrol thing was my idea. Two bad threads in one night. . . . . . . . . . .was TOO much.

Edit: lol, registration error. XD

RDK

Smash Hero
Yaayyy! Maybe he can get all of the n00bs out of the more visited threads...

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Teach him to stop obsessing over a video game to the point where he just can't resist getting sucked into childish arguments over Teh Internet®?

I keed, I keed. But seriously though...

Superstar

Smash Champion
Yeah, 1st time one infraction was undone on the same day, second time some people started flaming him and he was pissed, and he rightfully called them scrubs [one with a mental construct of ficticious rules that attempts to force onto others, like calling something cheap].

Well, we just say hello when Dylan returns, nothing to it, but the truth is that once he is back he will be one infraction away, so that could be a problem.

What happened was Dylan was angry about an update, and said he wanted to kill Sakurai [like people say when they are angry], and a whole bunch of ipeople started flaming him in masse, actually taking him seriously. He was defensive this time, and he called them scrubs [which they happened to be]. maxpower, that thread was horrid.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Nothing. Those who are here for flaming/trolling/ect will get bored and leave. Those who are here for discussion and other stuff will stay. Just like Zephyr stated.

EDIT: ****, you people posted before me.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Yeah, 1st time one infraction was undone on the same day, second time some people started flaming him and he was pissed, and he rightfully called them scrubs [one with a mental construct of ficticious rules that attempts to force onto others, like calling something cheap].

Well, we just say hello when Dylan returns, nothing to it, but the truth is that once he is back he will be one infraction away, so that could be a problem.

What happened was Dylan was angry about an update, and said he wanted to kill Sakurai [like people say when they are angry], and a whole bunch of ipeople started flaming him in masse, actually taking him seriously. He was defensive this time, and he called them scrubs [which they happened to be]. maxpower, that thread was horrid.
You're right, Superstar. I will say one thing. He didn't have to wish death to Sakurai if he didn't mean it. I didn't know whether he was joking or not, but I just went "Meh." If he didn't want Sakurai to die, there's no good reason to wish death upon him. However, I don't think he deserved to get flamed so badly. They should've ignored him.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord

I actually did look over some of that thread last night. Dylan was acting every bit as ridiculous as those spammers, and imo deserved to be banned.

Also, his initial post(s) that started that whole debacle were also petty and ridiculous. The kid needs to take up a real sport if he takes competition so seriously. Video games are for fun, unless you're Korean.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Dylan just likes to have fun playing video games by winning. I certainly don't think he gets too upset when he loses as if his heart shatters. Anyways, maxpower, I'd like to play you online with or without items from time to time. That okay with you?

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Assuming I do indeed re-purchase a Wii in time to get this game, sure. I need to regain my skill . I think I've played Smash Bros once since November :(

mario-man

Smash Lord
Another note: lag will only hurt the small percentage of players who require split second timing. For the vast majority, minor lag won't be a huge issue.
But everyone who is competitive does require split second timing. What now?? I'll be completely lost. Melee FTW

Superstar

Smash Champion
The post Dylan created that people could consider ridiculous was the first one. The rest was him going defensive, and they WERE scrubs. His flames were in fact, truth.

Read this: http://www.sirlin.net/ptw/intermediates-guide/introducing-the-scrub/ When people call others scrubs, its not cause their elitists [most of the time], its because its the truth.

And competition CAN be taken for sport. In truth, playing a video game THAT competitively is actually very fun, but its a different kind of fun. If you say he takes the game too seriously, he takes the game just as seriously as many people who roam the Melee boards. The only difference is that he is more passionate about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom