• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Yes. Now I love the mods. I <3 the mods. :)

So let's get this thread to its former glory!! =D

Spamming with more vids that should have been uploaded a long time ago, but youtube wouldn't take avi for some reason!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzpIKF2pYd8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG952r18KTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOtyu70Ei6o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKeHTDSb2mY

Mario vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxacv6GCGuE

Since I know all of you are sick of watching my vids (I like watching myself improve too much =(), just skip to the second life of both the Mario and the Sheik in the Mario vid (and only watch that part of that vid, ignore the rest. XD).

Did I say I love the mods now? Because I do. :)

Edit: What are you talking about above poster?

2nd Edit: The greatness of this thread's revival is over 9000!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Mod Squad for the rescue! Haha. That was awesome.

Thanks, guys. *nice guy pose*

So, where were we? Oh yeah. Yay for the combination of life(-lessness?) AND common sense!

I'll watch those videos later... actually, I might just edit this reply for my reply to them. Gotta get ready for the update. \o/

sexysanta73

Smash Apprentice
The thought's definitely crossed my mind a couple times, especially since we've started getting these updates. (ZSS's accessibilty at this point was a huge letdown for me; I was looking forward to playing as her, but Sakurai has made her out to be some weak penalty for Samus' final smash.) On the other hand, there've been some updates I've liked, some tweaks with the gameplay that I've approved of, and therefore have confidence that Nintendo will pull through with a great smash game like always.

Unless they remove wavedashing ololz. :urg:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Aw ****, I always miss all the action.

Oh well it was probably for the best anyway. BTW, how do you get banned [6 points] for 2 posts? I didn't even know that was possible rofl.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Good you weren't here. Their posts almost made me lose faith in mankind, but not quite. I kept my resolve. ;)

I am pretty sure that the 6 points ban was a temporary ban so that the mods could IP ban them. It was obvious they weren't here for Smash bros and they wouldn't follow the rules. >_>

Edit: Love your siggy Red Exodus. Mic_128 is definitely right in this case. XD

2nd Edit: Even though I spam with vids way too often. At least I didn't post them all in here. Yay for self control. . . . . . . . .sorta.

RDK

Smash Hero
NESn00b, I love how you kept shooting those questions at them about human nature.

They do that **** because they're...humans.

Humans are flawed, and an overwhelming percentage of the human race are not worthy enough to be called intelligent.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I figured as much, it's a shame how far people go these days just to make themselves look bad.

The moment I saw Mic's post I knew I had to sig it. He had another good one when he locked some scrub's thread but I was too lazy to manually quote sig it >.>

I'd watch the vids now but I'm trying to force myself off my PC. Nay for lack of self control <.<

Is it just me or was this week of updates extremely forgettable?

NES n00b

Smash Master
Maybe I have too much faith that people are not as stupid as those posters. That the average person could have reasonable intelligence. On the internet, this is definitely not the case. =(

I haven't given up hope for mankind, though. Not yet.

I asked those questions because I actually (for a time) didn't get the purpose of the spamming stuff. Then, I realized that by posting that crap, they get a feeling of superiority and power (for being able to control the thread and close it). Should have thought of the worst part of human nature and thought of that as the reason.

RDK

Smash Hero
I haven't given up hope for mankind, though. Not yet.
I have. People are corrupt, lying, cheating, debaucling, sexist, racist, violent, selfish, biased, angry, and just plain stupid.

It's been a downward spiral since the beginning of time, and it's only going to increase. I believe there are only a few truly good people in the world.

Spoon Man

Smash Apprentice
I have. People are corrupt, lying, cheating, debaucling, sexist, racist, violent, selfish, biased, angry, and just plain stupid.

It's been a downward spiral since the beginning of time, and it's only going to increase. I believe there are only a few truly good people in the world.

sorry for going further off topic, but lets just hope you don't get your hands on a deathnote >.> <.< >.>

in other news, more items, woo, worthwhile update! /diesfromsarcasm
I mean sure, it's nice that he's even updating in the first place, and sure items are a critical point of the game when made available, but frankly i wish he'd hurry up and put metaknight on there considering the fact that he's one of my favorite vg chars ever.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I believe there are only a few truly good people in the world.
*Kirby taunt*
sorry for going further off topic, but lets just hope you don't get your hands on a deathnote >.> <.< >.>
Hehe, don't worry. I'm the same as him, but so are a lot of philosophers whose philosophy still forbids killing anyone.
I'm against killing!

And FOR beating the crap out of idiots! :chuckle:

And NES n00b, I watched your Mario video and commented! ( I didn't watch the others because I can't stand Falcon. >_> )

Spoon Man

Smash Apprentice
*Kirby taunt*

Hehe, don't worry. I'm the same as him, but so are a lot of philosophers whose philosophy still forbids killing anyone.
I'm against killing!

And FOR beating the crap out of idiots! :chuckle:

And NES n00b, I watched your Mario video and commented! ( I didn't watch the others because I can't stand Falcon. >_> )
hmmmm, sounds an awful lot like Light.... :p

oh and nice vids Nes, I wish my friends would get better at the game so I could have some actual competition to record >.<

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Hah, I got a bit freaked out when I seen this thread closed.

But its back.. and Brawl looks like its shaping up pretty good!

*Unaware of what happened and whats going on now*

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Hah, I got a bit freaked out when I seen this thread closed.

But its back.. and Brawl looks like its shaping up pretty good!

*Unaware of what happened and whats going on now*
Some guys came to spam. They're probably IP banned right now. If so, good. It's good to have this thread back.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Thank the gods the mods are pretty efficient around here. It's a nice change from most other places. When I saw this thread locked I was extremely surprised. And after reading the last page of it, repulsed. Where did those... things come from? 4chan, I presume? Those people never cease to amaze me with their sheer idiocy. Ugh. And then I got a bit angry: it seemed wrong that a thread which survived hundreds of pages of offtopicness and flamewars would be closed due to a bunch of idiots. Looks like Mic and the others agreed with that ;).

Anyway, back to the not-topic!

Nice update today. As a kirby fan, I approve of Knuckle Joe as an assist. Fighter has always been one of my favorite powers. Though he looks a bit... squary-er than I remember him, especially from his Kirby Superstar form, which is the one I used most (being a helper in that game is neat. Yay for near-immortality and lack of responsibility!). That jaw can't be natural :laugh:

And n00b, I could only watch the first video for now... pretty good, though there were a few SDs around there I didn't really understand. I'll watch the rest as soon as I can.

mario-man

Smash Lord
NES, yaaaaaay for your Mario. It's pretty good. Nice combo at 1:38.

Anyways, glad the Mods OWNED the spammers.xD

Zephyr

Smash Lord
You know, I think that this marks the first time the mods have ever touched this thread. Goes to show something, doesn't it?

mario-man

Smash Lord
Yeah, the Mods have better things to do with their lives than sit around reading threads that have no point to them at all except to chat. XD

Superstar

Smash Champion
Yeah. Its a shame RDK is banned as well, but I assume that's for other reasons. Good thing RDK calmed me down, saved my rear end. Now let's hope no flaming occurs, the first post still needs to be, um, edited.

Also, Nes Noob, saw your Mario match, no wonder you said to only watch one part. It felt kinda sluggish in a way, but you would still own me. I particularly like the ending. Maybe you could try learning the pivot, very useful for Mario, on the times I get it right it helps greatly, but when I mess up... I get punished.

Maybe next time in order to contact, PMing would be better than hitting report on their gruesome posts...

Sensai

Smash Master
4chan...what did we do to you?

Eh...oh well. I thought it was pretty funny. I wonder why they decided to invade us, anyways...

That thing Mic said about 'turn off the TV and hit your kids'....just about made me piss my pants from laughing so hard.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
4chan...what did we do to you?

Eh...oh well. I thought it was pretty funny. I wonder why they decided to invade us, anyways...

That thing Mic said about 'turn off the TV and hit your kids'....just about made me piss my pants from laughing so hard.
Yes, posting pictures of tortured animals is hilarious.

Oh wait, no it's not.

What a sad bunch of excuses for people.

Sensai

Smash Master
You misunderstood what I meant. I meant to say that what they did here was funny (or rather, the parts that I saw here were enjoyable) not that the entire thing is funny.

And they don't just post pictures of tortured animals. Some of /b/ is downright terrible, but a lot of it's hilarious.

Viewtiful_Jeff

Smash Apprentice
Blah blah blah, stuff about 4chan, blah blah blah, stuff about Kirby.
Sir, this has nothing to do with your post, but I must ask, where did you get that 'Gardevoir for Brawl' picture. I must know.

Oh wait, no it's not.

Technically, they're a very happy bunch of excuses for people.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yeah. Its a shame RDK is banned as well, but I assume that's for other reasons.
Oooooh SH....ÖKTNÖÄOIHOÖÄI.

I'm sorry.
I kinda got him involved in some spamming in the Smashbros.com thread... got 4 infractions for it myself....

...*hangs head in shame*
*honestly*

Sir, this has nothing to do with your post, but I must ask, where did you get that 'Gardevoir for Brawl' picture. I must know.
For the URL, a right-click and something else should suffice. Feel free to click on the one in my signature if you wish to support her, too.

Technically, they're a very happy bunch of excuses for people.
You are awesome.

NES n00b

Smash Master

Oh wait, no it's not.

Yeah, tortured animals are about as funny as shootings at colleges (Virginia Tech shooting).

Anyways, back to the off topicness of this thread, Red Darkstar Kirby is banned? Nooooo. We got to stop getting banned people. ;) Hopefully, one of his infractions is from a long time ago so he can return soon.

@Drascin, Shai uploaded that vid because he thought it was funny that we had so many sds. He also got some pretty good combos so I guess that is another reason. Oh well, at least I don't nair off the stage and sd all the time. >_>

On topic (sorta), I laughed at the update. I never tought there would be a knuckle joe apperance.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Anyways, back to the off topicness of this thread, Red Darkstar Kirby is banned? Nooooo. We got to stop getting banned people. ;) Hopefully, one of his infractions is from a long time ago so he can return soon.
Why are some other people banned? I figured it would just be the spammer morons who invaded, but RDK? That's kind of odd...what did he do?
Oooooh SH....ÖKTNÖÄOIHOÖÄI.

I'm sorry.
I kinda got him involved in some spamming in the Smashbros.com thread... got 4 infractions for it myself....

...*hangs head in shame*
*honestly*
Apparently, "minor spam" gets you one infraction point... per post.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Possibly. That would kind of suck though, cause you'd be all like, "RUN AWAY, IT'S KNUCKLE JOE!" And maybe you'd defend but then your shield gets shattered and you're all like, "Well ****."

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Possibly. That would kind of suck though, cause you'd be all like, "RUN AWAY, IT'S KNUCKLE JOE!" And maybe you'd defend but then your shield gets shattered and you're all like, "Well ****."
haha yeah. Snorlax is fat and we always compare him to Demon_machinE (R4!D) and laugh at him, since Tyler is fat :laugh:

Oh no, its tyler! run!!!

*snorlax falls on the screen like a fat jerk*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom