• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chansen

Smash Lord
I like how this thread got taken over by Mario lovers, nice!
If anyone knows where to one of those fancy pics i got in my sig, but of mario, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
I like how this thread got taken over by Mario lovers, nice!
Yeah...well, that's partly untrue, seeing as how Superstar's pretty much always been here, and Mario-man and Got Blood pop in every so often...but yeah, there has been a lot of Mario mains here recently.

Edit:

Chansen-- for Brawl? I can understand Falco returning, or even condone Ridley and Dedede....but Waluigi?

*BARFS*

chansen

Smash Lord
congrats on becoming a journeyman, joe.
I was making reference to the mainly mario based discussion going on in a general brawl thread, Sorry for the confusion.

I dunno about Waluigi, maybe it's his swarthy italian charm??? *swoons*

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
congrats on becoming a journeyman, joe.
I was making reference to the mainly mario based discussion going on in a general brawl thread, Sorry for the confusion.

I dunno about Waluigi, maybe it's his swarthy italian charm??? *swoons*
Thanks.

Oh, you were talking about the whole General Brawl room in general...kk.

Lol...yeah, Italians rock.

Pizannos?

Press22

Smash Journeyman
errr, i wanted brawl to be a melee with more characters, online mode, and better graphics... Poor me that its not happening.

chansen

Smash Lord
We can all pray and dream over graphics and injections of goodness, but in reality, brawl will be all what we wanted in some aspect of it...somewhere...

and lol at the bottom of dekuknights sig. I am definitely not syched at all for brawl *sarcasm*

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
I hope they won't make the game super childish, from what I've seen from the smashbros site some things are pretty childish or dumb. DK's invulnerable final smash is meh, Animal crossing stage is childish. BUT lots of things are cool too. Just hoping they aint making the game just for little kids but also suitable for older ages as well. SSBB should be good.

Dekuknight950

Smash Cadet
I really don't think that Nintendo would do that to us, all they're work is riding on this game(and also their paycheck), I doubt they'd screw this up. But I do agree that there are some "minor" aspects of the game are juvinile(the animal crossing and DK bongos as said above), but overall it, looks pretty **** good and it should play pretty well basing off of the gameplay trailer.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
As long as there's tons of zany items and crazy stages for pure chaos, Brawl will be just as fun as Melee. ^_~

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm a Mario main but I don't wanna change my sig. I don't think I can change back to this [I don't see it anywhere in the avatar thingy].

Oh well.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Funny about all this Mario talk. I'm starting to play him more myself. I'm so finicky always changing up my mains. Young Link has always been a constant but if I've gone from Ice Climbers to Link to Marth to Ganon and now I've been playing Mario and Peach quite a bit lately.

I'm thinking I'm just destined to be one of those players that use most characters. I have a pretty decent Yoshi at that.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Smash is about Nintendo. The game shows off the whole bandwidth. So you'll have to be prepared for lots of childishness in exchange for the coolness of Snake and Giga Bowser and whoever else you find awesome.

I think Luigi's tornado is potentially better for recovery, except you need insanely fast fingers to get the full height out of it.

Debates about evolution and intelligent design are weird.

And I can do more push-ups than you. Hah!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mario discussions, HEHE! My kinda place! :)

Anyways, I always find it odd how very few of the players I face main, or even ever use Mario. It's wierd, people face me with Samus or Link, and think I'm at a disadvantage, lol! XD I always find that strange, like Mario players are the hardest to find [next to Luigi players]. At least it gives us SSB64 Mario mains a mindgame advantage! :grin:

Obviously they don't know Mario's best skills: Transitions, spamming, recovery, spamming, spaming, spamming, spamming. Did I mention spamming=??? :laugh: Love spamming spamming, the ultimate mindgame on Kaillera! Nothing funnier then landing a hit with one, then pounding someone with his <A>air, into a combo. Gotta love it=complete mindgames. Obviously my best skill with Mario is spamming, mindgames, spamming, and more spamming! :grin: LOL, I sound like a Link main, since Link has somewat good combos! [my avatar shall decieve you! XD] :grin:

1337marth

Smash Ace
Mario discussions, HEHE! My kinda place! :)

Anyways, I always find it odd how very few of the players I face main, or even ever use Mario. It's wierd, people face me with Samus or Link, and think I'm at a disadvantage, lol! XD I always find that strange, like Mario players are the hardest to find [next to Luigi players]. At least it gives us SSB64 Mario mains a mindgame advantage! :grin:

Obviously they don't know Mario's best skills: Transitions, spamming, recovery, spamming, spaming, spamming, spamming. Did I mention spamming=??? :laugh: Love spamming spamming, the ultimate mindgame on Kaillera! Nothing funnier then landing a hit with one, then pounding someone with his <A>air, into a combo. Gotta love it=complete mindgames. Obviously my best skill with Mario is spamming, mindgames, spamming, and more spamming! :grin: LOL, I sound like a Link main, since Link has somewat good combos! [my avatar shall decieve you! XD] :grin:
Well the best Mario player I know is eggz, it takes alot of skill and I am pro with luigi also

Laijin

Smash Hero
It's a D-D-D-D-DUEL!

Go to a tourney in Springfield mass or Virgina, and I am ready to beat you.
lol. I'm not traveling up there. That **** cost money yo.
You should've came to Smash Aid like everyone else in the Atlantic South did.

The next big Atlantic South tourney(Other than the one in NC this weekend) will be Get Four Stocked 4 in Columbus, GA. Come to that.

lol.
My Luigi blows so hard. But its probably enough to take you.
People who talk big usually suck :\

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
You, sir, have a lot of explaining to do. *takes out whacking stick*
Tch, fine. Mario is way better. Luigi is nothing but a clone, and not a very good one at that (character wise. I don't care how good he is in the game.) Luigi never seems to even DO anything. (and Luigi's Mansion doesn't count. That was a crappy game.)

1337marth

Smash Ace
lol. I'm not traveling up there. That **** cost money yo.
You should've came to Smash Aid like everyone else in the Atlantic South did.

The next big Atlantic South tourney(Other than the one in NC this weekend) will be Get Four Stocked 4 in Columbus, GA. Come to that.

lol.
My Luigi blows so hard. But its probably enough to take you.
People who talk big usually suck :\

I can' travel down there I am only 14.

Fawriel

Smash Master
"Nothing but a clone"?
Luigi has easily some of the most personality in the game because of this.
I quote myself:

"The way I see Luigi, he always tries to follow the example of his brother, in whose shadow he stands, but ends up failing to do what he does, yet in some ways, does it even better by accident.
The most obvious example would be the up-b. Mario's is a good recovery move that goes vertically up... Luigi's fails to go vertically. And it can't even be used for attacking.
Except... yeah, you know the rest."

Mario is a hero. Luigi is AWESOME.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
"Nothing but a clone"?
I quote myself:

"The way I see Luigi, he always tries to follow the example of his brother, in whose shadow he stands, but ends up failing to do what he does, yet in some ways, does it even better by accident.
The most obvious example would be the up-b. Mario's is a good recovery move that goes vertically up... Luigi's fails to go vertically. And it can't even be used for attacking.

Bah. He's a failure. And not even a funny one at that. I can accept failure as long as it makes me laugh, but Luigi is just pitiful.

1337marth

Smash Ace
"Nothing but a clone"?
I quote myself:

Thank you, I think he is a good character when you get the practice needed.

No really I am I don't have to prove myself, but I am, and that is against the rules someway doing that.
You say you're a pro, but you don't have to proove it because you magically appeared on a national rank.

Playing a pro is completely diffirent than watching one play on youtube, believe me.

Don't brag about how great you are without any proof.

Spoon Man

Smash Apprentice
back to one question asked earlier, Luigi does have a higher top point on his tornado, but in order to get it you have to press 18-20 times a second, whereas mario just needs 12-14 times a second. I can get a full rise out of mario but only like 2/3rds of luigi's.

also as wiseguy said, Luigi > Everyone because of Mr. L

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I have nothing against Luigi. To me, he's a fun character to play with because of his wavedash and his aerial attacks are nice. Luigi might have the same moveset in Brawl.

Dekuknight950

Smash Cadet
Luigi once was my main about a month ago, but I grew tired of him because of his weak KO material and low speed. Now if there is a character worth playing, it's Sheik: Fast, agile, and powerful. If that isn't a godly character, who is?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Go to a tourney in Springfield mass or Virgina, and I am ready to beat you.
And this is said by the guy who can moonwalk, yet has trouble with wavedashing...:laugh:

l337marth said:
I need help on wave dashing I can moonwalk, but I have a tourney soon, please help.
Does that ring any bells? ^

Sorry. I had to get that out my system, l337. You left yourself open to that one.

Yes. Luigi owns. And Brawl will not suck...

And...

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom