• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is worried Brawl might not be that good?

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
Some people actually play a character because they like that character, not because of it's moves.
What can I say, these people should read comic books. Video games are about gameplay. What really matters is how zelda moves, not whether she has brown or blue hair. I couldnt care less, and IM sure the same goes for most gamers.

Games are about gameplay. it is without a doubt 100 percent of what makes a game good, or bad. You can NOT have a good game with ****ty gameplay, but you can have a game with great gameplay and crappy graphics. AKA super nintendo, Ghosts and goblins for NES, I could go on for hours.

@ Oskurito :

He said that he does like snake, because since hes in brawl there is no way that it can't be good.

Its a double negative so its a bit confusing, but ya Im guessing this guy likes solid snake! :p

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
What can I say, these people should read comic books. Video games are about gameplay. What really matters is how zelda moves, not whether she has brown or blue hair. I couldnt care less, and IM sure the same goes for most gamers.

Games are about gameplay. it is without a doubt 100 percent of what makes a game good, or bad. You can NOT have a good game with ****ty gameplay, but you can have a game with great gameplay and crappy graphics. AKA super nintendo, Ghosts and goblins for NES, I could go on for hours.

@ Oskurito :

He said that he does like snake, because since hes in brawl there is no way that it can't be good.

Its a double negative so its a bit confusing, but ya Im guessing this guy likes solid snake! :p

what ur saying is true gamplay is what makes u want to play the game, however i think this is one of those games where no sacrifices will be made, meaning we'll get what we need which is gamplay and most of what we want which is awesome varitey of characters. i myself trust that they will focusing on making the characters as original as they can and elimante clones while at the same time have a good amount of character that, am iI to optimistic maybe but this is super smash bros and when it comes to making a epic game nintendo is a pro at it , (mario 64, super smash bros, ledgend of zelda TP, super metroid etc)

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
Why are some people worried that Snake won't be a good character?
No one is, Oskiritu guy misread someones post. It was a double negative hence he liked snake and did not hate him.

@ Special Sauce

You make a very good point. We need both to please the fans, and I think sakurai is really putting his soul into this game for everyone who loves nintendo.

Gameplay is what most gamers look for though, especially people who have been hooked since ssb64 and still play/record matches of it. hehe.

RDK

Smash Hero
This is a prime example of how people are going to be ridiculous and say stuff like "if Ridley is not in Brawl then I'm not buying it". I have absolutely no worries about Brawl being a great game. What I am worried about is the endless whining from various character fans complaining about their character didn't make it in despite all their "evidence".
I don't recall anyone saying anything to that effect.....however, if they did, then that's a stupid reason not to enjoy a game.

Petey Piranha as a PC? I can't decide if that's better or worse than Waluigi as a PC....

psicicle

Smash Ace
well the reason I got into smash was because of the characters. However the reason I still play it is because of the gameplay.

SR Raptor

Smash Apprentice
The only worry I have same one is the same one that afflicts Melee right now. The developers put so much work into this game and it eventually will be stripped down to just the top tiers and five stages that make it into tournament play.

You show me someone who plays Melee with things set-up the way the develepors had intended it, right now all we gets is "you can crawl in this game that broke...pkmn trainer broke...final smash COOL DUDES but broke." There are quite a few who are looking too pessimistically at this game that isnt even out yet.

P.S. Melee will live on just like 64!

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
The only worry I have same one is the same one that afflicts Melee right now. The developers put so much work into this game and it eventually will be stripped down to just the top tiers and five stages that make it into tournament play.

You show me someone who plays Melee with things set-up the way the develepors had intended it, right now all we gets is "you can crawl in this game that broke...pkmn trainer broke...final smash COOL DUDES but broke." There are quite a few who are looking too pessimistically at this game that isnt even out yet.

P.S. Melee will live on just like 64!
Meh, some people are over the top with tourney rules, but most competitive players play a bunch of levels in friendlies.

To be honnest me and dylan are so fed up with tournament stages we turned them ALL on for our smash days, except infinite mountain.. blech stage.

And I dont wanna play hyrule temple more than once, knowning how to tech makes the fight last like 20 mnins

Anyhow, plenty of other characters other than top and high are played in tournament, mid tiers do well

There are a few too many characters with extreme disadvantages in melee that could be made stronger, but I dont think the developers have a 1v1 scenario in mind, so we just have to hope for the best.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
lol, i'm not worried about brawl being bad, i am impressed with updates and stuff. The only thing i'm worried about is that brawl might lag online which i hope doesn't.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
well don't, the fans will backfire one way or another if brawl isn't online. the feed back will be horrible!

mario-man

Smash Lord
I'm starting to worry. The recent updates appear to be "n00b friendly" or "n00b appealing".

You know, the kind of things like jumping off of someones back, that's COMPLETELY n00bish. I'm really starting to worry. Though, I'm not really sad, cuz now I'll be able to show my Melee skills and somebody will actually care, cuz Brawl is not a very popular game.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I'm starting to worry. The recent updates appear to be "n00b friendly" or "n00b appealing".

You know, the kind of things like jumping off of someones back, that's COMPLETELY n00bish. I'm really starting to worry. Though, I'm not really sad, cuz now I'll be able to show my Melee skills and somebody will actually care, cuz Brawl is not a very popular game.
lol all of this is kinda wrong...especially the last part!

Oskurito

Smash Lord
wait what, the game is not popular is the main thing i was focusing on...

how the hell is it not popular...

Baamage

Smash Apprentice
What makes Melee so great is the precision of everything, and how you almost always have complete control over your character. There are less moves than most other fighting games, but the ones that are available have the ability to be used to a larger extent. Then we can use the moves creatively and in different ways. (reflector>shine combos, or airdodge>wavedash)

In Brawl I'll bet that the only downside is going to be that the pacing will slow ever so slightly to compensate for Wifi. Other than that, it is rather easy to just turn off items and stages, and soon we shall discover new techniques. (Footstooljump combos! :p)

So I'm not too worried.

psicicle

Smash Ace
I bet the moves that seem to suck at first will become crazy combo moves like the shine did

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
There Petey Piranna got disconfirmed because he is only as a Boss.

I seriously can't see any of u guys thinking this game will suck. >_>

U guys must all be emos or sumthin cause you like to look at things negitavly.

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
There Petey Piranna got disconfirmed because he is only as a Boss.

I seriously can't see any of u guys thinking this game will suck. >_>

U guys must all be emos or sumthin cause you like to look at things negitavly.
Jigglypuff's combos take skill. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

DrewbyDewby

Smash Apprentice
i don't want brawl to come out at all,
i'm sure it will be fun but im afraid they are gonna make it worse,
1. I don't have a Wii, which makes it really suck
2. They better not make dumb changes to make the game more nub

DrewbyDewby

Smash Apprentice
and 1337marth, i don't think they internet is gonna work well for brawl... unfortunately
when i heard about it i was stoked but they would have to work hard to make it work because there can't be any lag when playin smash.

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
i don't want brawl to come out at all,
i'm sure it will be fun but im afraid they are gonna make it worse,
1. I don't have a Wii, which makes it really suck
This guy rules. I agree completly.

I want brawl to come out, but sometimes I dont. Sometimes I dont want to have to learn a new smash game, sometimes I dont feel like buying brawl only to discover theyve destroyed the game and its super wii-tasticly easy so they can sell more copies.

But I still hope... for the best. That Brawl will as close to melee as possible, because it would be hard for it to be good otherwise.

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
U retart u have to stalk me untill you find a post you can flame me for just because you got mad at me calling u an emo.
Lol I saw that post a lonnnng time ago. Dylan pointed it out when you made it and I couldnt stop laughing.

chill out dude. :laugh:

pirkid

Smash Lord
Doncha love that emo-ness.

Anyway, back on the ship...

I agree with Drewby. I'm crazed over the online play, it would bring so many new factors to this game, but the fact that WI-Fi is just that bad with these kind of games and you can't play Smash with lag (It's against Physics, look it up!), I seriously doubt we'll get online play.

Here's to hoping the multiplayer is so OMGWTFBBQHAX that we don't need online play. :p

RDK

Smash Hero
HURRAH!

He could have used different wording, but the point still comes across.

What's with all the emo calling? Chill out, Jiggs.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I bet the moves that seem to suck at first will become crazy combo moves like the shine did
You're wrong failure, check this vid out for more info: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoP1mPpR3uc

Btw for shine canceling on ssb: jump then shine, the shine autocancels when landing, if you do it fast enough is as fast as a JC shine on ssbm, you can also do this on ssbm but jc is far more easier.

Uses: mostly thunder's chains and platforms chains on to aerials you can also cancel it on to a grab or break someone's shield by reapeting the cancels (multishining)

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
For those who wouldn't change a thing about Melee, there's always Melee.

I think it's only fair that we get a Brawl instead of two Melee's.

RDK

Smash Hero
Unless you dare suggest someone who is calling you a bunch of vulgar names and saying competitive smash is ruining smash a ****. Then you're banned.
True, that. Apparently "scrub" is as bad as the n-word now.

I bleeped it out for you so you wouldn't get an infraction. ;) Not like they'd do anything anyway.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I think true scrubs should know they are scrubs, but you should at least give them the definition of what a scrub is and explain why the entirety of every competitive scene is against playing with self-imposed rules. That's just how I roll anyways.

Since I'm not a mod for the section (lol the section I was set to mod is a place I never go, AND they replaced me there anyways) I only go to the threads I want to go to. Usually not much is going on here, so I don't really bother with it.

RDK

Smash Hero
That wasn't a personal bash against you, Mookie. I actually think you're one of the better mods around here.

It's just that lately it seems the mods have been punishing the wrong people / threads, and turning a blind eye to the problems that should really be dealt with.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
This term "scrub" is very condescending and makes people who use it sound like elitist a**holes. That's why people get riled up when you use it. You really can't see that?

Top Bottom