• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who hates the new diemond and pearl series pokemon?

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
They could have stepped up the creativity for the new generation, yeah. Some cool new pokemon, but a lot of the new stuff in the Sinnoh dex is garbage.

And personally, I really dislike the shinx evolution line, but there are too few electrics out there. :ohwell:

D13

Smash Ace
There are more fugly pokes in 4th generation than any other. Like Heatran and Garchomp, for instance. >__>

But Hippopotas makes up for that. And I do like the metagame changes that DP brought.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
I like it... The starters are amazing and the legandaries are cool but everything else is worthless. Aipom does not need a evolution!!!!

Spire

III
BRoomer
Here's how the Sinnoh Pokedex is set up:
  • Starters
  • Generic families (birds, rodents, bugs, fish, etc) and fillers (including past generation pokemon)
  • More fillers (including new dragon family)
  • A mass of evolutions of past generation pokemon (i.e. Magmortar, Electivire, Rhyperior, etc)
  • Hoard of unnecessary legendaries

And judging by the fact that #462 (Magnezone) through #493 (Arceus) don't even appear in the Sinoh pokedex, these were intentionally fillers. "Hey guys, we've already overdone inserting pokemon into families that in previous generations did not include this stage of evolution such as the addition of Pichu to the Pikachu bloodline, so how about we add 17 more and just to be cool about it, let's omit them from the actual pokedex so they feel real special!"

Personally, I love Magmar and Electabuzz more than almost any other pokemon, and I was glad that they were powerful basic pokemon, but now they are stuck right in the middle of a three-stage evolution line and they are no longer the most powerful forms. Their successors are crap. Magmortar is a fat, flaming clown with gun arms, and Electivire has two black ***** growing out of his back. What in the world..

EDIT: To say -- The 1st generation was the best, and they have progressively weakened since. Gold & Silver were necessary in my opinion, because they felt like more of an expansion to the 1st generation and were the first games to introduce new pokemon (which at the time was the coolest thing in the world). Now, new pokemon are...well it has already been done a number of times now, so how can they reinvent pokemon without inventing new pokemon? Because in all honesty, I would be perfectly happy playing with just the 1st gen pokemon. I'm thinking a huge shift in game mechanics; style; and platform. I'm thinking the next pokemon generation needs to be on the Wii, with 3rd-person adventuring, real-time battles, and every single pokemon across all four regions.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Their successors are crap. Magmortar is a fat, flaming clown with gun arms, and Electivire has two black ***** growing out of his back. What in the world..
Magmortar is amazing and whats the problem with gun arms? Electivireon the other hand sucks and I agree with you
? Because in all honesty, I would be perfectly happy playing with just the 1st gen pokemon. I'm thinking a huge shift in game mechanics; style; and platform. I'm thinking the next pokemon generation needs to be on the Wii, with 3rd-person adventuring, real-time battles, and every single pokemon across all four regions.
I agree 100%

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Wait... Are you guys Garchomp is lame? He's a freakin' shark dinosaur. If there is anything cooler than that, show me a link.

And what exactly makes this gen so unoriginal, and the 1st gen wasn't? This gen has a plasma ghost, a hot-air ballon, an island turtle, a fighting frog, and made several previously unusable pokemon usable. The 1st gen's pokemon where very simple in design (A duck with a stick, a walking flower, another walking flower, a turtle). Granted, the 4th gen has some complete trash-looking pokes (Bibarel, Shinx evolutions [excluding Shinx], Starly & co.), but there are alot of really awsome ones, too.

Soulcloud

Smash Rookie
I thought that the new DP Pokemon were all pretty good, most of the Pokemon you encounter at the begenning of you adventure all look pretty stupid, but later on the Pokemon get to looking a little better. Most of the new DP Pokemon are pretty cool though, I personally like Mismagius, Magnezone, Gallade...umm...Ok, I have to admit that most of them suck.

KURiSUTARU

Smash Rookie
Diamond and Pearl rocks compared to R/S/E. Now that sucked. I enjoyed it, but the Pokémon just... sucked. As did the storyline.

I like the Diamond and Pearl Pokémon. Some are really nice looking (Drifblim FTW) and others just kick arse. Staraptor is awesome, by the way.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Wait... Are you guys Garchomp is lame? He's a freakin' shark dinosaur. If there is anything cooler than that, show me a link.

And what exactly makes this gen so unoriginal, and the 1st gen wasn't? This gen has a plasma ghost, a hot-air ballon, an island turtle, a fighting frog, and made several previously unusable pokemon usable. The 1st gen's pokemon where very simple in design (A duck with a stick, a walking flower, another walking flower, a turtle). Granted, the 4th gen has some complete trash-looking pokes (Bibarel, Shinx evolutions [excluding Shinx], Starly & co.), but there are alot of really awsome ones, too.
I'll tell you exactly what makes this generation unoriginal. The first generation was great because it was nothing that we had ever seen before. Yes, a lot of the Pokemon were basic in conception, but they were all completely original in their own right. It was amazing that you were able to capture these creatures and train them, watching them evolve into new forms, and acquiring new abilities and what not to further the experience of Pokemon training. It was fresh, it was new, it was Red and Blue.

Now, we're in the 4th generation. Let me make something clear. The FOURTH generation. That's nearly 350 Pokemon later. Okay, so there have been some creative additions to the Pokedex throughout the years, but by the 4th generation, you would think that maybe they'd try something a bit... different. The Pokemon are for the most part -- all new, but the patterns are getting really tiresome. Same starter types, in all four generations. Always has their been a new bird family. Always has there been a new plant family. Always has their been a new rodent family. Always has there been some kind of a team/organization that's causing mischief in the world, and it's your job to stop them. Always have their been eight gyms to compete in to gain badges so you can [always] advance and defeat the ELITE FOUR. It's the same old song and dance, and our feet our tired.

As for a Pokemon that is "cooler" than Garchomp (and I'll be fair and choose someone that at least in appearance - is in the same league):

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Gen 1: Basic gameboy, low graphical power, poor sprites, poor pokemon(Voltorb, electrode, Koffing, Weezing, Diglet, Three Diglets, Magnemite, Three magnemites -_-, Blue turtle, Yellow duck, its all very basic and very lame, admit it you know it)
Gen 2: Advancement of Gen 1. Slightly better graphical power, better pokemon.(Flamming chinchilla, Dino/alligator, SUDOWOODO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Ho-oh, the legendary dog/cat/gerbil things)
Gen 3: The stupid ages. More Graphical power, did nothing with it. Look carefully, there's a huge amount of plagiarism from Gen 1, same basic pokemon with new shiny looks.
Gen 4: Advancement of Gen 3. Everything evolves, but at least they tried some interesting things that came out pretty cool(Finally a penguin pokemon, land shark, DRIFLOOOOOOON <3) also some crap(Bronzong....its a freakin bell, a whole bunch of needles pre-evos)

All in all, they're all crap except maybe Gen 2.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Gen 1: Basic gameboy, low graphical power, poor sprites, poor pokemon(Voltorb, electrode, Koffing, Weezing, Diglet, Three Diglets, Magnemite, Three magnemites -_-, Blue turtle, Yellow duck, its all very basic and very lame, admit it you know it)
Gen 2: Advancement of Gen 1. Slightly better graphical power, better pokemon.(Flamming chinchilla, Dino/alligator, SUDOWOODO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Ho-oh, the legendary dog/cat/gerbil things)
Gen 3: The stupid ages. More Graphical power, did nothing with it. Look carefully, there's a huge amount of plagiarism from Gen 1, same basic pokemon with new shiny looks.
Gen 4: Advancement of Gen 3. Everything evolves, but at least they tried some interesting things that came out pretty cool(Finally a penguin pokemon, land shark, DRIFLOOOOOOON <3) also some crap(Bronzong....its a freakin bell, a whole bunch of needles pre-evos)

I've gotta give you credit for acknowledging Generation 2. It was basically Gen 1 but with 100 more Pokemon and a whole new land to explore (especially because you could also go to Kanto). I really liked Gen 2 because it was the first new batch of Pokemon and just felt really warm as an addition to the already homely collection of the first 151. After that though, it pretty much walked the plank. There are a few interesting Pokemon from Gen 3 & 4, but not enough to consider the Generation to be good overall. I'm happy with the first two, but especially the first.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Wow, Garchomp does look a lot like Kabutops. But he's still more awsome.

UGH. 2nd gen sucked poke-wise. Sure, the games may have been the best, but the pokemon were just... urgh. Sure, we got things like Dunsparce, Sudowoodo, and fiery rodents, but alot of them were really plain (Chicorita evos, Totodile evos, Wooper evos [Still awsome, but unoriginal], Yanma, Stantler, Heracross, etc.). At least in 3rd gen we got a flaming kung-fu chicken, a psychic robot, and a space virus.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

How dare you refer to Gen 1 as crap! Gen 1 brought us Charizard, Mewtwo, SQUIRTLE!, Kabutops, and others. Every generation has it's greats and not greats this one, certainly had the most greats.

But I'll give you credit for giving Gen 2 love, that had great Pokemon too. Yay Skarmory!

Spire

III
BRoomer
How dare you refer to Gen 1 as crap! Gen 1 brought us Charizard, Mewtwo, SQUIRTLE!, Kabutops, and others. Every generation has it's greats and not greats this one, certainly had the most greats.

But I'll give you credit for giving Gen 2 love, that had great Pokemon too. Yay Skarmory!
This guy is cool ^

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
UGH. 2nd gen sucked poke-wise. Sure, the games may have been the best, but the pokemon were just... urgh. Sure, we got things like Dunsparce, Sudowoodo, and fiery rodents, but alot of them were really plain (Chicorita evos, Totodile evos, Wooper evos [Still awsome, but unoriginal], Yanma, Stantler, Heracross, etc.). At least in 3rd gen we got a flaming kung-fu chicken, a psychic robot, and a space virus.
Aipom needs some love. Here's a picture so you can stare at its awesomeness.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
If the 'first two' weren't the first two generations, they wouldn't seem to be as good.

And seriously, 3rd gen unoriginal? What?? Sure, some of the pokemon make be "plagiarized" (Swellow looks a bit like Pidget, Mudkip vaguely resembles a Wooper, Tropius kinda looks like Meganium), but you guys are forgetting all of the awsome ones. We got an ancient shrimp, a flaming karate chicken, a volcano camel, an actually cool-looking dragon, and a psychic robot, among other things.

Omanyte, though cute, isn't original.

graves

Smash Journeyman
If the 'first two' weren't the first two generations, they wouldn't seem to be as good.

And seriously, 3rd gen unoriginal? What?? Sure, some of the pokemon make be "plagiarized" (Swellow looks a bit like Pidget, Mudkip vaguely resembles a Wooper, Tropius kinda looks like Meganium), but you guys are forgetting all of the awsome ones. We got an ancient shrimp, a flaming karate chicken, a volcano camel, an actually cool-looking dragon, and a psychic robot, among other things.

Omanyte, though cute, isn't original.
I love mudkip :laugh: he's my fav! Omanyte cute??? AUUUEEEEGGGG

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Darkrai and Arseus togeter is the best team EVER!!! One of many reason's that I love the newer series. I still keep the other Legendaries though. XD

Mewter

Smash Master
The fourth generation had a lot of legendaries. How many were there again?.... oh yeah, like 12. The first generation and second generation only had about 6 max. I don't know... but the new legendaries(Besides darkrai and Arceus, they rock) don't seem so legendary anymore. The third generation was ok, but I liked the Johto land more. The new ones have a lot of cool evolutions though.:) But i think we could've done without such high level hard-to-get pokemon staring us in the face whenever you entered a cave. Bronzong and Abomasnow could've been a whole lot cooler.

LightningKimba

Smash Cadet
This gen isn't all that bad. We have Luxray, Lopunny, Purugly, and even two new eeveelutions. The things I don't like, however, are some of the pokémon that are out that nearly everyone obsesses over. First off, there's Garchomp. I don't like looking at it. It's a effing ugly shark that has great power, but when you hit with one Ice move, it's pretty much dead. Next, Lucario. I also hate how it looks, as well as being pretty much the Goku of pokémon. He has Goku's voice in the animé, his shiny form is that of an appearance of it "going Super Saiyan." I mean.. There's so many things I do not like about it, it's not funny. Now, I come to Darkrai. It's smoke, moving on. Shaymin. It's a hedgehog chia pet. And... Arceus. It's a failgoat, that's all. Other than those bad eggs, there's still quite a lot to like about the 4th gen. Sure, more pokémon evolved, but that's how it is in Pokémon. We were due a few evolutions since the 3rd gen gave us more pokémon, than continuing their lineage. Now, I shall stop typing, and leave you guys to get pissed off with me about something, 'kay?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Here's how the Sinnoh Pokedex is set up:
  • Starters
  • Generic families (birds, rodents, bugs, fish, etc) and fillers (including past generation pokemon)
  • More fillers (including new dragon family)
  • A mass of evolutions of past generation pokemon (i.e. Magmortar, Electivire, Rhyperior, etc)
  • Hoard of unnecessary legendaries

And judging by the fact that #462 (Magnezone) through #493 (Arceus) don't even appear in the Sinoh pokedex, these were intentionally fillers. "Hey guys, we've already overdone inserting pokemon into families that in previous generations did not include this stage of evolution such as the addition of Pichu to the Pikachu bloodline, so how about we add 17 more and just to be cool about it, let's omit them from the actual pokedex so they feel real special!"

Personally, I love Magmar and Electabuzz more than almost any other pokemon, and I was glad that they were powerful basic pokemon, but now they are stuck right in the middle of a three-stage evolution line and they are no longer the most powerful forms. Their successors are crap. Magmortar is a fat, flaming clown with gun arms, and Electivire has two black ***** growing out of his back. What in the world..

EDIT: To say -- The 1st generation was the best, and they have progressively weakened since. Gold & Silver were necessary in my opinion, because they felt like more of an expansion to the 1st generation and were the first games to introduce new pokemon (which at the time was the coolest thing in the world). Now, new pokemon are...well it has already been done a number of times now, so how can they reinvent pokemon without inventing new pokemon? Because in all honesty, I would be perfectly happy playing with just the 1st gen pokemon. I'm thinking a huge shift in game mechanics; style; and platform. I'm thinking the next pokemon generation needs to be on the Wii, with 3rd-person adventuring, real-time battles, and every single pokemon across all four regions.
Most of what I wanted to say. To add to what Spire III already said, the new pokemon aren't that original. They feel a lot like slightly altered versions of old pokemon with new paint jobs. In reality, the Pokemon games aren't even that good and they are due for a good change up.

Like Spire suggested (and this is something I wanted for Diamon and Pearl, but to no avail) a real-time battle system and 3-D graphics would do the games good. But this time, spare us the crappy Pokemon Colosseum. The story line killed that one off.

D00D64

Smash Cadet
Most of the pokes on my team come from Generation 2 or are evolved formes of 'em. Espeon + Umbreon = Awesome. Gallade was a great addition, and Togekiss doesen't suck like Togetic! Generation 3 is the worst IMO, but they had some good pokes in there. Generation 4 gets props for evolving pokemon that needed evolutions, even though they don't look good in most cases (LickyLicky? Eww...) Also, SHARK DINO DRAGON HYBRID FTW.
Oh, and PORYGON LINE FTW.

Top Bottom