• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who here has like 5 mains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamer

Smash Rookie
i do mainly because i cant decide which one to main 4real. and i choose certain ones depending on who my opponent uses
i use kirby MK king dedede ICs olimar and sometimes falco and yoshi

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
You aren't supposed to have mains.

If you only main one character, sooner or later, somebody will find someone who isn't metaknight
that will completely destroy you. E.g. it's very hard to beat toon link with Donkey Kong, but not quite
as hard with a character like Marth or regular link.

There are lots more "counter" characters in Brawl.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Kirby, Ness, Mario, Pokemon Trainer, Olimar, Peach, King Dedede, Ike, Ice Climbers, and Wario is my mains. Of course my top four I use the most due to them being my top best.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I do, kind of. I swith my main a lot so I end up maining quite a few characters. I'm trying to stick to one character right now though.

For example, when I started I mained Dedede, then Pikachu, then Jigglypuff...and then Peach, then G&W, messed around with Shiek a bit, then I tryed ROB, and now I'm back at Peach, with Bowser as my secondary. o.0

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I play with every character in the game, except for a given few, that I just don't like. I'm a very quick learner of different play styles, which is why I choose to play with so many characters. I only main one character, but am very adept with the rest that I don't main.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
The general concept of a "main" is a little skewed from what it really is.

It's supposed to be one character that a character plays best with and uses in tournaments, and/or a character that the person really enjoys.

In essence, it should be just one.

I main King Dedede, but am mostly known for my Sheik. My Dedede and IC's both perform way better than my Sheik in tournament. Therefore I should be called a Dedede main.

Only few players have TRULY ascended beyond "mains" and that's Azen (of course) and Mango in Melee. They can play any character and do well, and use way more than one or two characters in tournament.

Azen, however, would readily admit that he does best with Lucario, and therefore would say he mains Lucario.

Mango's proud *** would never admit to having a main and would never purposely counter pick just so he could step it up in the next match to **** that person.

EazyP

Smash Ace
I had like 5 characters I called my mains until two of them started peaking out and getting better than the others

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
I have more than 5 mains here they are in order I play them: Peach, Fox, Wolf, Zelda, Lucario, JigglyPuff and Mario. But I usually use Peach all the time so she is my main.

I use a lot of characters in each of the smash games. It kinda helps to be able to counter pick when you need to. For Brawl, I still haven't found a solid main yet. My most mained characters are Snake, Marth, Falco, and Lucario, and Wolf so far.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Since I like to experiment with the game, I'm someone who doesn't rely on character.

That said, I have to state that I'm a mediocre player, however, I know what each character can do in general. I play a lot of characters, even only if to counterpick, though I'm strongest with Zelda and Wario.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I main King Dedede, Sheik, Ice Climbers, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Ike, Peach, Zelda, ZSS, Fox, Falco, Wolf, ROB, Pikachu, Mario, Wario, Yoshi, Toon Link, Snake, ROB, Kirby, Metaknight, and Pit.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I main Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Wario, Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Pit, R.O.B., Ice Climbers, Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Captain Olimar, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Lucario, Pokémon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Marth, Ike, Lucas, Ness, Mr. Game & Watch, Snake and Sonic.

Although I have to state that I'm best with Zelda and Wario, and am not that good with others like DK or ICs.

Rambo Hayabusa

Smash Apprentice
Still undecided on a main. It would be those shown in my sig. It probably would be Ness but I'm only able to play people online and lag kills Ness like no other.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well I'm trying to get 5 mains. My best are Ike, Falco and Marth but the others, I'm not great with. I practice with them but I don't feel like I'm doing so well with them.

Guess I need more practice. :/

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Yeah I have quite a few, which breaks my "pattern."

Back in SSB, I had 2 mains (Kirby, Samus) and one alternate who I felt good with (Yoshi).

Then with competitive SSBM, I had 2 mains (Fox, Mewtwo) and one alternate who I felt good with (Marth).

Now I've got 3-4 mains (Meta Knight, Wolf, Fox, and Falco) and one alternate (Toon Link). Although, I wouldn't consider Falco as a viable tournament main just yet, still working on him.

raydude

Smash Apprentice
i have more than 5 mains :
-falco
-wario
-marth
-fox
-ike
-lucas
and a few more

dreamer

Smash Rookie
i swithch up my mains alot cuz i dont like usin the same person all the time it get REALLY BORING

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Toon Link
Jigglypuff
Cpt. Falcon (for the lulz most of the time)
Diddy Kong
Hmm, I main more than 5 really.
Pikachu..

Sometimes Marth only when I'm very bored. And soon maybe Lucario once mine in PDiamond learns Double Team >.>

Okay, I guess some of these aren't mains but I play them more often than others.

Pretty much main everyone who's fun and whos from my favorites series. It'd be easier if I went down a list of those who I don't play often..

G@W, Lucas, Ness, Olimar, ROB, Wario, Peach, Bowser, Pit, Samus, Donkey Kong, King D3, Yoshi, Wolf, Falco, Kirby, Luigi, Sonic (even though he rocks)

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
When people list more than 1 character and call them their "mains" I get a little confused. I always thought of mains as THE ONE CHARACTER that they play the most or are the best at playing.

As for secondaries...dunno:dizzy:
Pink puff balls ftw

urdailywater

Smash Hero
When people list more than 1 character and call them their "mains" I get a little confused. I always thought of mains as THE ONE CHARACTER that they play the most or are the best at playing.

As for secondaries...dunno:dizzy:
Pink puff balls ftw
QFT. It got confusing to me when I got here too, mainly because in WoW it was basically the way you described things. I changed my way of thinking just 'cause the way people talk around here. But pretty much TL is my main, and all the other characters I listed (or didn't list in that manner) are secondaries..

Tinky for life.

Nipaa~

I main everyone except the people that i don't main.

Yah, uh-huh, I see.

NanoDesu~

Smash Cadet
I main random. But seriously, I've changed around so much since the game came out, but now, I've narrowed it down to a few. Ness/Lucas, MK, Falcon, and Kirby. There are also other I play for fun, but I'm not usually too good with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom