• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who is a pichu replacement?

Puffs

Smash Ace
Or you could, you know, use characters you like. Instead of putting on a pathetic rebel act and using characters because the majority of the smash community hates them.

But if stubborn nonconformity is your bit, you're out of luck because the most pathetic character in the game is the ever-popular Sonic.

Master Fox

Smash Journeyman
Sonic is not actually a pathetic Character if you know how to use him. The only thing that is pathetic about his moveset is that most of his attacks turn him into his spin dash form. Other then that, he's a pretty good character.

Oh and Pichu wasn't a Joke Character in Melee as Pichu was my brother's main, along with Pikachu.

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
well i dont want pikachu i liked pichu because pichu was a joke, basically who is the joke character in brawl?
So you want a joke character? The top three are Lucas (or Ness, depending on which you feel didn't deserve to be in Brawl), R.O.B. (it's not even a character, just the junk pile in the middle of the roster), and Potatohead (Toon Link is just an ugly version of Link).

Go with R.O.B., although a lot of people will hate you for liking him (myself included).

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
Sonic is not actually a pathetic Character if you know how to use him. The only thing that is pathetic about his moveset is that most of his attacks turn him into his spin dash form. Other then that, he's a pretty good character.

Oh and Pichu wasn't a Joke Character in Melee as Pichu was my brother's main, along with Pikachu.
Sonic doesn't suck. Not nearly as much as other characters. And actually his moveset stays very true to the Sonic series. It just so happens that his moveset is also very boring. Not much ingenuity needed to create it. I find that Sonic is the perfect character for single button mashers (a.k.a., Sonic-loving n00bs). So for some people, Sonic is great. For many, however, he's meh.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
There really isn't a replacement for Pichu or Dr. Mario... One can really only consider Lucario replacing Mewtwo and Ike replacing Roy. And those are still stretches.
they basically replace their roster spots, because Ike is way slower than Roy in any sense and his attacks are stronger

Mewtwo and Lucario....seriously?

the aura sphere and shadow ball LOOK alike, nothing else really ^^''

ConeZone

Smash Ace
who cares, pichu was terrible and i don't think they were too concerned about replacing him...or her, or it whatever gender that thing was. sorry to the fans of pichu out there..
and by the way, pikachu is not a joke, pikachu is beast in brawl

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Wrong wrong wrong, you are all wrong. This ones easy, Squirtle. It's not about the joke characters, it's about the "WTF does this guy think he is being so bloody tiny and quick!?!". After playing Squirtle a while, it shocked me how much he reminded me of Pichu, things like people having trouble hitting/grabbing me, the U-tilt/U-air juggling, and the quickly flying off the stage to smack someone just out of recovery range. If you're looking for a Pichu replacement, you won't find one, but Squirtle's probably as close as you're going to get.

-: Trey :-

Smash Apprentice
hmm Pika is the closest you're gonna get becuase on melee they were practically the same with the exception of every move pichu did he go damaged due to the recoil of his moves.(Worst player to use in stamina mode IMO) But im sure your lil bro will be content with just pika and possibly pkmn trainer in brawl

Crystallion

Smash Ace
You know most people are just going to post the names of characters they aren't good with or they don't like... ah well. On topic: I'd say there is none. Characters look to be balanced enough now, so there aren't any definite "worst characters" IMO.

Riolu

Smash Apprentice
R.O.B. or Toon Link seem like the Joke characters this time around. Both of them are actually pretty good characters, so neither of them are bad choices.

shboke

Smash Journeyman
wow this is pretty popular, im thinking of actually ROB or Squirtle but my friend oscar mains ROB and he is pretty good at him, squirtle i can see why it reminds you of pichu though, i really can.

also:how do u get that lil smash character next to the report sign?

thanks, and anymore ideas?

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
I thought htey didn't take Pichu out??/ He just evolved, didn't he? Who's the Pikachu with the blue goggles? Or the Green Bandana?

Ichida

Smash Ace
The joke character is Wario. I mean come on, he attacks with farts and a motorcycle he can eat. 'nuff freaking said.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
It depends on what you call a "joke character" and I think many definitions come together in this thread, it's slightly confusing :dizzy:

NukeA6

Smash Master
wow this is pretty popular, im thinking of actually ROB or Squirtle but my friend oscar mains ROB and he is pretty good at him, squirtle i can see why it reminds you of pichu though, i really can.

also:how do u get that lil smash character next to the report sign?

thanks, and anymore ideas?
Go to your user cp and edit your profile.

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
Why would you want a joke character in Brawl? The removal of BS chars like Pichu is a great thing, in my opinion. The only type of "joke" would be the sheer ridiculousness of the moveset. I mean, look at Peach. She wails on people with a tennis racket. Reminds me of Homer Simpson.

Scion

Smash Cadet
I actually thought Pikachu was good in brawl and i'm sad to see so many people think he was a joke character, b/c i was thinking of maining him :-(

As for choosing a joke character, how about charizard?

GreenMarth

Smash Apprentice
charizard a joke? you have to be kidding me... i think hes the best of the 3 pokemon ....and pikachu isnt a joke either! i think he just lacks good killing moves

the new pichu is SONIC! yes sonic... hes quick light and also lacks killing moves, so he doesnt hurt him self yeah....but he handles just like pichu

and i dont care how much everyone disagrees SONIC IS THE NEW PICHU

Ichida

Smash Ace
Pikachu isn't a gag character. He's been one of the "main" characters since 64 alongside Mario, Link, Kirby, etc.

fuzzy4

Smash Cadet
I know they were originally going to introduce a giant turd that flung poo, he was supposed to be the replacement, but it never pulled through. It would have been too good compared to pichu.

Top Bottom