• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the current best CF main?

Who is the best Captain Falcon Main?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cups

Smash Ace
let's not forget that the WC has tournies basically every week while the MW sees 40 people tournies once every 3 months. I think it's incredible alone that darkrain is so good in an area that has almost no regular competition. Lastly, he has been at the top of that region for close to 3 years now, so has chosen to work to the other regions like the south to spread his wrath.

also, SS is pretty bad at edge guarding, I cringe after watching him flub edge guard after edge guard against everyone he plays. He's still an incredible player, he just ain't no darkrain. Saying he's good because he knows how to recover is an odd argument, I guess my counterpoint to that would be that darkrain powershields everything.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
basically this.

voting scar. other players are more likely to win, but that's not what the poll asks. the poll asks who the best CF is also the one who gives the best show on the screen, reps the character best, is most knowledgeable, and knees a *****. that would be scar.
Ehhhh...sorry to say but I couldn't vote for Scar after seeing him get taken down by ArcNatural time and again at MM14. It was only when Arc switched to Falcon that he lost a set. Sure they were friendlies, but it still says something if you ask me =/ The way I see it is this: The 10th best in MA shouldn't be able to take down the current best Falcon. If that's the case then we're seriously lacking in good Falcon mains. Unless MA is just a serious beast...which it is.

Sorry Scar, my votes going to Isai. I had to, he's too good and doesn't get hit.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's funny how I see this everywhere. Like a debate for who is the best Falcon or who is the best Ganon because I get that too. It's quite annoying to deal with because a lot of people cling to the past and stuff for example. =P More often than not it's probably going to be biased opinions.

I think Darkrain is most likely the best Falcon right now, I played him and he's very good. But I would like to play SS too and see what happens with him. =P

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol judging off of friendlies is basically the worst idea ever

arc camped the balls off me stock after stock in friendly after friendly, i was just running at him and trying to knee, which is fine im glad he has the patience to play like that but in tourney its such a different thing

anyways SS is awesome, darkrain is better and i am pumped to play both of them @ genesis

edge canceling etc is definitely useful but i think overall darkrain is more consistently in complete control of CF, he dashes out of literally everything to perfection, and his combos are all executed perfectly

SS is wayyyy flashier than darkrain but flashy actually does not equal technical, IMO darkrain is more technical because he demonstrates more mastery over the technical aspects of CF, which is not to say that SS doesn't have incredible technical skill because he does

to say that SS is way more technical than darkrain is not only a mistake but it's a comment coming from inexperience and lack of familiarity with the terms

Scar

#HarveyDent
LOZR is mad good i wanted to put him on the list but apparently he doesn't main CF

also everyone please watch cornel he is incredible

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
ss definitely knows falcon better then darkrain. he knows his edge canceling you like you said but thats nothing. ss has the moonwalking mindgames too. he has better stage control with his crazy wave landing all over the place.

the only negative thing i could say about ss is that he doesnt take enough risks off the stage.
he wont jump off the stage to get a kill, but i guess thats smart. he'll wait for you to come back kinda and then **** you.

it seems to me ss is just smoother then darkrain

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I have to say, Darkrain does know the best times to dair people when they're off the level.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
i like how darkrain just knows when to dair> charge f smash, thats sick

also scar did you make this? i saw my name as the thread maker person guy and i was like wuutt

and then i saw my name on the list and i was like looooooool
people should still vote for me cuz im sexy

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
ultimaScout has attained a mastery of recovering with Captain Falcon that is beyond the wildest hopes and dreams of every other captain falcon player in existence. with this INCREDIBLE recovery, his Falcon truly transcends Falcon's placement on the tier list and earns him the title of best Falcon main with a shadow of doubt.

Scar

#HarveyDent
i just think that's wrong, i think that darkrain is way more efficient and i think that it's obvious

@ mogwai: correct

yeah jona i made it and hten i moved posts from teh other thread, which didn't go at the end of the discussion which was weird b/c it said you made it

so then i moved a different ancient post of mine here so it again says i made it.

Scar

#HarveyDent
LOZR or Cornel? literally i watched cornel vs tope and i decided that cornel is not only my favorite falcon ever but my favorite person ever

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
i just think that's wrong, i think that darkrain is way more efficient and i think that it's obvious

@ mogwai: correct

yeah jona i made it and hten i moved posts from teh other thread, which didn't go at the end of the discussion which was weird b/c it said you made it

so then i moved a different ancient post of mine here so it again says i made it.
efficient? i think ss uses smarter options then everyone else, he does everything so much more differently then any other falcon i see.

scar when you watch videos do you do the thing where you put yourself in someones place as if you were playing? do that with ss and if you try to predict what hes going to do youll be so wrong. hes way to smart.

like in one video he spaces an up tilt and the marth goes for a shield grab but its out of range and ss downsmashes? that was sex lol

Scar

#HarveyDent
it's not always smart frequently it's flashy and people never see flashy things coming because otherwise they wouldn't be flashy. different doesn't equal smarter, and flash is by definition gimmicky.

i prefer solid gameplay to flash and tricks, because when you go up against someone who knows the spacing (every marth i've ever played including m2k hbk and cactuar) utilt dsmash will not work

isai is losing b/c he doesn't play anymore

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Got to say Darkrain on this one
he has the record to back him up plus he has been around to other regions and done well to boot
still luv SS though >.>

G~low

Smash Apprentice
SS is just 2 good -_-
This guy entertains/amazes/forces me to change my pants everytime
At Mango Juice i was following him to every tv lol

Dark_Crono

Smash Journeyman
it's not always smart frequently it's flashy and people never see flashy things coming because otherwise they wouldn't be flashy. different doesn't equal smarter, and flash is by definition gimmicky.

i prefer solid gameplay to flash and tricks, because when you go up against someone who knows the spacing (every marth i've ever played including m2k hbk and cactuar) utilt dsmash will not work

isai is losing b/c he doesn't play anymore
SS its not flashy hes different and thats good because like you said they dont see things coming... i think that if you really wanna win with CF you have to be different and theres where darkrain problems comes in he plays by the book all the time.

Scar

#HarveyDent
SS its not flashy
... does not compute

SS is one of the flashiest players i've ever seen

in one match he dairs a doc player which combos into knee which is a guaranteed stock and kill, but instead he opted to double jump dair and try to knee the tech on his way down

it would have been beautiful but it didn't work out, and granted he doesn't do stuff like that in all of his matches and especially not in more serious ones but it's all for flash and it's a part of his gameplay vs other good players too

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
... does not compute

in one match he dairs a doc player which combos into knee which is a guaranteed stock and kill, but instead he opted to double jump dair and try to knee the tech on his way down

it would have been beautiful but it didn't work out, and granted he doesn't do stuff like that in all of his matches and especially not in more serious ones but it's all for flash and it's a part of his gameplay vs other good players too
Scar you never opt to knee. Whenever I see you raptor boost something you do uair, even v spacies at high percents WTF that doesn't combo unless they DI into it hardcore...

you don't finish combo's when you should either, it's in all of our hearts to make the most ridiculous combo's.

if you know you're going to win I say go for the flashiness, otherwise knee early, like mango, mango's falcon is amazing. very efficient, not ridiculous lucky combos.

chize

Smash Apprentice
if you know you're going to win I say go for the flashiness, otherwise knee early, like mango, mango's falcon is amazing. very efficient, not ridiculous lucky combos.
i agree, i would say mango is the best falcon (or anything) but he's not a falcon main

Dark_Crono

Smash Journeyman
... does not compute

You should try to stuff like that sometimes... at least try to play like that once and youll see the difference.

mio

Smash Ace
Silent Spectre may be flashy, but he gets the job done and that makes him the best Falcon. He's the only player who can beat Mango. That's more than any melee player can say right now, let alone the best Falcons.

BEHR

Smash Hero
LOZR is mad good i wanted to put him on the list but apparently he doesn't main CF

also everyone please watch cornel he is incredible
I wish you dittoed him at HERB. ):

That would have made HERB Perfect.

Edit- I thought Cornel mained Fox or Falco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom