• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the current best CF main?

Who is the best Captain Falcon Main?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
I actually asked this question (who was better, SS or Darkrain) in the regional forums.

Darkrain has mad experience. But iunno.. SS is just crazy.

While it's hard to say seeing as they play different people, I would vote for SS just because he's my favourite Falcon to watch (lol bias).

I guess this will be cleared up at Genesis but even then... beating someone else in a Falcon ditto doesn't mean you're better than them. Darkrain pulls out **** crazy combos everywehre but SS has a specialty against the spacies...

Hard decision.

demodemo

Smash Ace
soooooo biased

everyone loves SS (including me) so they are gonna vote for him (including me)

you need like a panel or something to determine this stuff

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
ss is also good vs marth tho,

he ***** taj's marth ( no johns)
and did very well vs meep, who apparently is really good
also hes good vs peach cuz he (i think) hasnt lost a set vs pink shinobi whos real good with peach
and then hes good vs puff cuz hes beaten mango.
hes also beast in falcon dittos since he almost beat mango's falcon

soo hes **** vs the west coast

all we gotta do is wait for genisis to see if he can do the same to the east coast

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
im pretty sure SS has a losing record to pink shinobi
i dont think its even that close

also, altho i think SS is amazing, he's not near mango. If mango played his hardest every stock, SS wouldn't win a game. Either would Darkrain tho, imo.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
jona: couple things

he already ***** the EC LOOOL.

and like he plays with alot of those people on the WC, so its more like knowing the player, not as mucha s knowing the match up

im not saying he doesnt know the matchup, cuz he does, but he might have more success over certain playstyles due to familiarity or just...due to his own playstykle

otg

Smash Master
The best falcon on a national level is Darkrain just because he has put himself out there and competed at top level with the best players in the nation.

I'm not hating on SS at all, he is a beast, but he has not traveled. If he wants to to officially be the best Falcon, he needs to travel and prove it, not just beat up the same people he faces in tournament all the time.

Scar

#HarveyDent
ok again i don't see how SS has a specialty against spacies, every CF that can tech chase does crazy things vs spacies, it's not like we see him ****** zhu or mango's fox left and right

if anyone saw hax$ @ RoM he was doing **** that no one's ever seen before either, crazy crazy crazy tech chases, but like to take that and roll with it and call him the best CF to ever play the game vs spacies would IMO be a mistake

and now because SS ***** Taj's Marth in 1 match we're gonna say he's REALLY GOOD vs Marth? come on man watch it again, Taj did nothing good at all

first of all marth is supposed to stay on the ground, every 2 seconds he's fulljump aerialing or shffling fairs in place SOO far away from SS, he applies 0 pressure which is marth's greatest attribute

also every single time he gets hit he loses his jump. not kidding he gets uthrown once at mid% and loses his jump before he gets creamed with a knee. that's not knowing/being bad at the matchup, nothing else.

let's break it down.

stock 1: Taj fairs SS'S SHIELD(!!!), get shieldgrabbed and dies from uthrow at FORTY FIVE PERCENT, which taj reacts to by jumping away and eating a fulljump uair>uair

stock 2: Taj whiffs a grab, gets grabbed and uthrow kneed AT FIFTY PERCENT >>> this does not combo, taj responds to uthrow by double jumping away and doing no aerials at a flying captain falcon knee

stock 3:
Taj gets ***** onstage and MISSES HIS UPB SWEETSPOT vs NO EDGEGUARDING PRESSURE WHATSOEVER

-up to this point Taj has dealt 10 damage which he managed to do by eating a fair at low % and trading

stock 4: taj LANDS HIS FIRST GRAB as marth vs CF because SS bairs in the face of taj's shield, then gets combod and AGAIN loses his jump, so he AIRDODGES at FIFTY PERCENT at the edge of the stage, and rightfully gets uaired and edgeguarded

wow. please never cite this match as proof of anything aside from the fact that SS will **** you really really really hard if you play really really really really badly.

pockyD

Smash Legend
if you don't consider sporadic amounts of videos and isolated results as sufficient evidence (which you rightfully shouldn't), then there's really no reason to have the "debate" at all -_-

and obviously from the moment you made the poll, you knew it'd just be a popularity contest, of which ss would probably win simply because he has the most flair and style (you'd probably agree with that?)

just look at all the votes that aren't for darkrain/ss -_-

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
LOL dammit scar! it's one thing to have and openly state your opinion (whether it be biased like the majority's or not), but to constantly argue every post that says SS is better as if you know the absolute truth is ridiculous. nobody can KNOW that at this point. how are you gonna make a poll, put someone on the list, then tell everyone they're wrong for picking him and attempt to discredit any factor that sways away from your own opinion? this is a poll, not a panelist discussion. the fan favorite will win the poll, not neccessarily the better player.

if you know you're going to win I say go for the flashiness, otherwise knee early, like mango, mango's falcon is amazing. very efficient, not ridiculous lucky combos.
LOL
i don't know if i've seen more than a 3 hit combo from mango's falcon.
but his falcon has succeeded where darkrain and SS failed.

edit: mybad pocky, i didn't know you had this one already.

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol i want to debate it and convince everyone in the world that darkrain is better in every way

no, when i read things that are actually wrong i get upset and respond to them b/c im an idiot

yeah IMO darkrain has more control over CF, combos better, tech chases better, knows matchups better, and performs way better in tournament

SS is clearly better than everyone else besides darkrain, but the masses would believe that SS is a better player because his choices are ridiculous, sometimes inspired, and frequently awesome. so whenever someone says something like well SS is good against marth...

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
ok again i don't see how SS has a specialty against spacies, every CF that can tech chase does crazy things vs spacies, it's not like we see him ****** zhu or mango's fox left and right

if anyone saw hax$ @ RoM he was doing **** that no one's ever seen before either, crazy crazy crazy tech chases, but like to take that and roll with it and call him the best CF to ever play the game vs spacies would IMO be a mistake

and now because SS ***** Taj's Marth in 1 match we're gonna say he's REALLY GOOD vs Marth? come on man watch it again, Taj did nothing good at all

first of all marth is supposed to stay on the ground, every 2 seconds he's fulljump aerialing or shffling fairs in place SOO far away from SS, he applies 0 pressure which is marth's greatest attribute

also every single time he gets hit he loses his jump. not kidding he gets uthrown once at mid% and loses his jump before he gets creamed with a knee. that's not knowing/being bad at the matchup, nothing else.

let's break it down.

stock 1: Taj fairs SS'S SHIELD(!!!), get shieldgrabbed and dies from uthrow at FORTY FIVE PERCENT, which taj reacts to by jumping away and eating a fulljump uair>uair

stock 2: Taj whiffs a grab, gets grabbed and uthrow kneed AT FIFTY PERCENT >>> this does not combo, taj responds to uthrow by double jumping away and doing no aerials at a flying captain falcon knee

stock 3:
Taj gets ***** onstage and MISSES HIS UPB SWEETSPOT vs NO EDGEGUARDING PRESSURE WHATSOEVER

-up to this point Taj has dealt 10 damage which he managed to do by eating a fair at low % and trading

stock 4: taj LANDS HIS FIRST GRAB as marth vs CF because SS bairs in the face of taj's shield, then gets combod and AGAIN loses his jump, so he AIRDODGES at FIFTY PERCENT at the edge of the stage, and rightfully gets uaired and edgeguarded

wow. please never cite this match as proof of anything aside from the fact that SS will **** you really really really hard if you play really really really really badly.
no johns

your johning for taj like people john'd for m2k when he lost to mango.

massive jonathans son

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
lol i want to debate it and convince everyone in the world that darkrain is better in every way

no, when i read things that are actually wrong i get upset and respond to them b/c im an idiot

yeah IMO darkrain has more control over CF, combos better, tech chases better, knows matchups better, and performs way better in tournament

SS is clearly better than everyone else besides darkrain, but the masses would believe that SS is a better player because his choices are ridiculous, sometimes inspired, and frequently awesome. so whenever someone says something like well SS is good against marth...
you have to understand, polls are about fan favorites and popularity.
there is absolutely no way to know right now. there isn't.
while i understand that using taj as an example isn't the most accurately stated claim, you have to acknowledge that he might be the most known marth player to play SS in the past year.
i voted for SS, not because i think or know he's better than darkrain.
i voted for SS because i played him first round at my first decent tournament, and ever since then i've been amazed by his fluent movements and ridiculous combos. 90% biased. no correct response.
let it go. lol

edit: wow... this is the most scattered thought process to read. lmao.

here's what i meant to say:
considering the fact that this is a poll (aka 'pick your favorite') you're basically trying to convince people who they like more. sounds like a lost cause to me...

Scar

#HarveyDent
no johns

massive jonathans son
lol it's not johns, it's saying taj played like a complete scrub and got assraped
you have to understand, polls are about fan favorites and popularity.
there is absolutely no way to know right now. there isn't.
while i understand that using taj as an example isn't the most accurately stated claim, you have to acknowledge that he might be the most known marth player to play SS in the past year.
i voted for SS, not because i think or know he's better than darkrain.
i voted for SS because i played him first round at my first decent tournament, and ever since then i've been amazed by his fluent movements and ridiculous combos. 90% biased. no correct response.
let it go. lol
right good **** it's all true but i have nothing to let go, i'm just debating here, so i don't see what youre saying

99% of the debates on the boards aren't worth having bro welcome to SWF

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I used to think SS was better than Darkrain, then I went to SMYM9.

I was wrong, and I will admit it...
Same, except switch the two players, and replace SMYM9 with Mango Juice.

no johns

massive jonathans son
Yeah, except Mango even admitted that M2k wasn't playing in top form after he beat M2k at Pound 3. He's simply saying that ONE bad match shouldn't be used as evidence for ****.

Also, Scar even went so far as to explain what Taj was doing wrong in the matchup, and how easy it was for SS to capitalize on it.

p.s.

Why are there more than like, 6 people on this poll?

Scar

#HarveyDent
idk big D and i thought it would be awesome to put like as many players as we possibly could

i thought it was kind of funny

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
99% of the debates on the boards aren't worth having bro welcome to SWF
hence the half *** debate i just started with you.

for the record, i have nothing against you at all...
other than disagreeing with more than half of what you say.
lmao. it's all good, right? please don't hate me!

off the record, SS IS THE BEST
he 4stocked this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m9138477W8
lmao

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Scar just doesnt like SS fan boys hehe

neither do i really.

but i still think if SS travelled, he would do really really well. but he doesnt. and his resume just doesnt have the same...sheen as Darkrain.

SO....if you go by....accomplishments..its darkrain hands down (cuz Isai quit a while ago). if we're talking about skill...i lean towards SS but its hard to say for sure.

so i go with darkrain :)

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
i think this is a matter of people not having played ss before and people have played darkrain because he has traveled.

i dont think ss has to travel to prove hes the best, you have to go to him, cuz hes just sexy like that.
i mean he learned from isai, what else do you want from him? to be the son of a virgin?

hes the best and he's gonna **** everyone at genisis

and why would taj be fooling around/play bad in a tourney where theres lots of money at stake? nah son, he just got his butt penetrated thats all. it happens to most of us. taj should come in here and just say what happened.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Scar just doesnt like SS fan boys hehe
this is complete truth b/c i have a ton of respect for him as a player and i think he's really incredible but as of late the **** that ppl say about him is just off the wall ridiculous

i just saw a comment on page 5 that said he's the only player that can beat mango

he's like what 0-every single time they've played in tournament... where ppl come up with this **** is beyond me. and no i dont hate anyone lol people disagree all the time, especially over something like this.

jona plz i can't deal with this
"i dont think ss has to travel to prove hes the best, you have to go to him, cuz hes just sexy like that."
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MAKES NO SENSE

and taj WAS NOT FOOLING AROUND, HE SUCKED. he played LIKE A SCRUB. worse than PoF, remember when you played PoF @ mogwais? he was harder than Taj in that set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom