• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the hardest player to master?

Immortal_One

Smash Apprentice
It would have to be Yoshi.
Most of his moves, and just his general stage dash, for a lot of people end up in accidental suicide.
His forward B move also ends in such a fate.

Although if someone were to somehow master the techniques of Yoshi, they would be unstoppable. I still have not yet seen anyone that has COMPLETELY mastered EVERY technique Yoshi has to offer.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Yoshi. He just plays awkwardly in my opinion. Which is also good if you do get him down though, because some people just aren't ready for things he can do sometimes.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
1. What a stupid statment.

2. I think you are confusing the words 'master' and 'use' Sonic is easy to use not master the fact that he uses attacks from retro games has absolutely nothing to do with it, same as his position on the current tier list (which you did not mention but I felt like bringing up)

Anyway it's between Shiek/Zelda, Sonic, and Olimar for me. And PT, Olimar and PT have a difficult learning curve to them having to keep track of Pikmin and the Pokemon as they loose stamina.
The only reason it is stupid is because you make it that way, for me that's what MAKES Sonic easy for me (I have been with Sonic since his second game), you also have to consider everybody is different, someone out there probably couldn't play Ike for his/her life while they could play a **** good Wario for example. However you are right on the correct wording part, I don't think there is a way to master a character just because You always have a chance to lose.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Olimar is about as easy to play as Marth. Stop saying him.

I'd say Yoshi.
Uhm no.

You see the topic is master not use as I've explained earlier there is a difference between playing as the character and being good with the character. Every character is easy to PLAY as, but you have to take the time to MASTER them to be good with them and in that sense Olimar is hard to master because to be good with Olimar, and to master him, you have to be able to keep up with the line of the Pikmin in the heat of battle and watch the order of your Pikmin to know what to do next.

That is what makes the difference between a good Olimar main and some random nobody who thinks they've mastered Olimar because they can pretend to be using Marth by using his Fair.

Take for instance, a mirror match up with an experienced Olimar main against someone who thinks Olimar is easy to play as, someone with no experience as Olimar would probably just run in for a grab with a purple Pikmin while an experienced main would check the order of his line and use the proper Pikmin for a grab (blue)

tl;dr In summary: There is a difference between playing and mastering, and the person I quoted is ignorant to this fact.

(Please note that this was Olimar fan rage in action :psycho:)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Olimar is easy to use, but rather hard to be good with. It takes a very long time to master pikmin specific attack strings.

Snake-seriously? he's too easy to use. You just have to get used to the fact that you can't jump to attack. >_>

PCHU

Smash Lord
Ike is easy to play, hard to master.
You have to think two steps ahead of your opponent, and make them feel bad for thinking they could beat you AT THE SAME TIME.

Make them roll into a few fsmashes.
It makes for a good laugh, especially when they think they're so good with their main.
Boosted usmashes are unexpected.
Dthrow to Aether makes a nice chain.

KOs are easy.
Getting foes there, however.....<_<

Puddin

Smash Lord
Ike is easy to play, hard to master.
You have to think two steps ahead of your opponent, and make them feel bad for thinking they could beat you AT THE SAME TIME.

Make them roll into a few fsmashes.
It makes for a good laugh, especially when they think they're so good with their main.
Boosted usmashes are unexpected.
Dthrow to Aether makes a nice chain.

KOs are easy.
Getting foes there, however.....<_<
The thing about Ike is that you need a lot of experience to fight him (effectively) I think the problem most people have is underestimating him, especially his range. Which can be deadly, and make you lose a match because of Ikes awesome KO power and great range.

Ike however gets a terrible rep for being one of the worst characters in Brawl because of his slow speed. (save his AAA)

Oh and uhm yeah, Ike is fairly hard to be good with.

Roller

Smash Legend
Ice Climbers and Pikachu. YES Pikachu. Go look up QuACing, Quick attack locking, his multiple CGs, and much much more. Easily one of the most AT oriented characters.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Some of us are mixing up use and master.

Olimar is quite easy to use. The colors all will do whatever move you execute, , some of them slightly better than others.

To totally master Olimar takes a lot. You have to have good color management, which is really hard in fast paced game, even the best of Olimars end up smashing with a white by accident. They have super armor on demand, but using it takes lots of wisdom and prudence. Botched whistiling will get you killed.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Ness is easy.
With no lag (like in normal matches), he can do some pretty amazing stuff.
But what makes him rather difficult at moments is timing his moves.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Samus. She's been nerfed quite a bit, and she plays completely different from her Melee counterpart.

In my opinion, the hardest characters to master are Bowser, King Dedede, and Samus.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Falcon is the hardest to master. Why? because he doesn't do this too consistently anymore:

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
id say olimar is the hardest to master cuz you have to pay attention to all those guys orders and colors and power and travel distance... 0_o

Genos

Smash Apprentice
For me, Pokemon Trainer is hard to use. Olimar was difficult but I got used to him, sort of. I'm terrible with all heavies, since I never know what attacks to use when.

Rejjae

Smash Apprentice
I'd say the random characater slot is hardest to master, cuz mastering that one involves mastering every other character :p

Next up, I'd say Ice Climbers. There's just so much stuff you can do with desynchs.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Pokemon Trainer.

You have to master 3 Characters, You have to master the Pokemon Change. It's Hell.

Rodge91

Smash Cadet
mind you squirtle and ivysaur are pretty amazing, not sure about charizard, feels a bit like a snail

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Pokemon Trainer.

You have to master 3 Characters, You have to master the Pokemon Change. It's Hell.
I second this sentiment. Pokemon Trainer is insanely difficult, and makes Snake look like a pick up and play character by comparison

mind you squirtle and ivysaur are pretty amazing, not sure about charizard, feels a bit like a snail
Charizard is probably the best of the three, if you know how to use him. He suffers the least when his stamina runs out, and is actually quite fast compared to other heavyweights like Dedede, Gannondorf, and Bowser.

smashfriend

Smash Rookie
i would haft to say it snake it took me week to find a fighting style for him and then theres any one slow people boswer,jiggypuff,gandrof

Sonic527

Smash Apprentice
Snake since his smash attacks are basicly like extra specials but it did take me a while to figure out how to use Sonic correctly.

Top Bottom