• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your all time favorite videogame character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hm...Well, my favorite fantasy character (period) is Mario, but Sonic is a close second. Link is pretty darn sweet, too, so I think he deserves 3rd place in my book. (I don't think I need to mention the other info)

Look to the above description of Mario, please.

Sonic was the first gaming hero that truly radiated attitude, but he still had a firm sense of justice. I actually got into Sonic before Mario, and since then, I've been hooked to both. Sadly, the more recent Sonic games haven't given me the same joy as the old ones, while many Mario games continue to give me merriment. The Sonic characters as a whole are just pretty darn awesome in their own ways.

Link is...well, he's LINK. I'll be honest and say I haven't beaten a Zelda game before Ocarina (though I got REALLY close to Zelda 2 before quitting) but I have played every single one of them at some point or another, and they truly are, in my opinion, Nintendo's finest quality as a whole. I love my Mario RPG's more than anything else out there (aside from SSB), but the Zelda games developed the idea that a video game could give you a true sense of exploration.

And though I've poured quite a bit of time into the Pokemon games...well, they focus too much on the humans, honestly. Give me a game where I play as Pokemon. Give me a game where Pokemon are more like characters than pets.

Ismael

Smash Ace
Mario all the way!

CHARACTERS: Mario
GAMES: Super Mrio Sunshin, Mario Superstar Baseball, SSBM, SSB(64), Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Mario Power Tennis, Mario Bros. 1,2,3,etc.
SYSTEMS: Hmmmm.... All of them!

Deo_Smash

Smash Apprentice
Good Guys

Mario
Systems: N+6+4+Female Deer
Games:...yeah.....
Reasons: Mario, as said before, is the most well rounded charecter out there. He's fit for any type of game out there and it's almost proven. Sports, Adventure, RPGs, Side scrollers, pinball, etc. He's lovable and honarable. it's hard to hate him. I think.

Samus
Systems: odnetniN
Games: Anything with the word "Metriod"
Reasons: This girl is a one woman army with 10 nukes, rocket launchers, missles, air-birgades, tanks, anti-air gunners, etc. You name, she's got it. while other girl charecters must be revealing to be popular(excluding Nintendo chars like Peach and Zelda), samus is popular for kicking a$$. She doesn't wait to be rescued. She'll take out the strong hold and have a sip of tea outside waiting for the rescue team to return. Strong headed, incredible strength, and the story to make anyone proud, Samus aran has my vote.

Grit
System: Game Boy Advanced, DS
Game: Advance Wars 1, 2, Dual Strike
Reasons: He's a laid back hound dog. You can't help but like this guy.

Link
System:....If you don't know, your sad.
Games: Anything with Zelda in the name. Except for Soul Calibur 2
Reasons: He's cool. There's already been reasons posted on this forums. Just look at those.

Bad Guys
Ganondorf
Systems: Same as link
Games: Sames as link
Reasons: He's huge. He's ugly. He's feaking Powerful! Think of power and this guy fits the description.

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
My favorite video game characters are:

Heroes:
Samus-any game. She is strong, agile, and has an arsenal of weapons. Oh yeah.
Vincent-Final Fantasy 7. Mysterious, dark, changes into creatures.

Villains:
Sephiroth-Final Fantasy 7. Yeah, yeah. “Sephiroth is everybody’s favorite villain.” Spare me. I like him for reasons other than what the standard noob/newb does.

smashjedi

Smash Rookie
uhh.. I'd have to say Cliff from Star ocean: Till the end of time for ps2. Hands down. He's the character i use all the time and plus he's sarcastic. sarcastic's always the best.

Dark_mage_Master

Smash Cadet
For Heros:Sonic The Hedgehog because shadows got CHAOS CONTROL and he looks tight. Who else thinks tails is gay he screams out SONIC whenever he dies hes weird.

I have alot of vilians.Chaos creatod By Dr.Eggman in Sonic DX Game cube and Dreamcast.
Lakitu from mario brothers hed float on a cloud and drop spikey things. All nintendo consoles.
Dark Falz From Phantasy Star Online cause hes Huge. Gamecube
And the coolest villian Ever is SAX The Samus Aran X. Manipulated by tthe X parasite recreating a new more powerful Samus. From Metroid Fusion GBA

zerotheultimate

Smash Rookie
i have a couple favorites, theres scorpion from mortal kombat.. and link from legend of zelda, they are pretty awesome characters. ^_^

yoshifu

Smash Rookie
Favs:
Lloyd Irving
Colette Brunel
Sheena Fubiyashi
Raine Sage
Genis Sage
Kratos Aurion
Presea Combatir
Regal Bryant
Zelos Wilder

The heroes of the Tales of Syphonia game. Also the Summon Spirits Sheena Forms pacts with. oh forget it. my favorite characters are the entire cast from Tales of Symphonia. aaahhhh... gotta love that game.

and Yoshi, how could i forget :chuckle:

Ashura Fan

Smash Apprentice
Too... many... characters...

Heroes
-=-=-=-
Zero (Megaman X/Zero)
Axl (Megaman X7/X8/Command Mission)
Shadow (Sonic Adventure 2/Battle/Heroes/Shadow the Hedgehog)
Kyo (King of Fighters)
Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury/King of Fighters)

Villians
-=-=-=-
Iori (King of Fighters)
Sephiroth (FFVII)
Bass/Forte (Megaman 7/8/Bass/Battle and Chase)

A lot of unlisted characters...

NukeA6

Smash Master
Ashura Fan said:
Too... many... characters...

Heroes
-=-=-=-
Zero (Megaman X/Zero)
Axl (Megaman X7/X8/Command Mission)
Shadow (Sonic Adventure 2/Battle/Heroes/Shadow the Hedgehog)
Kyo (King of Fighters)
Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury/King of Fighters)

Villians
-=-=-=-
Iori (King of Fighters)
Sephiroth (FFVII)
Bass/Forte (Megaman 7/8/Bass/Battle and Chase)

A lot of unlisted characters...
Iori is no villain. He just a got a bone to pick with Kyo and his clan. He's just like Vegeta from DBZ.

Ashura Fan

Smash Apprentice
True, but he's hardly a hero. He got pissed off and wailed on his first team mates back in '95, he slaughtered Vice and Mature in '96, possibly killed a lot of people between '96 and '97, destroyed many of the Kyo clones in '99, and he had to defend himself against his own team in '01. Of course, in '96 and '97 he wasn't exactly himself. He doesn't seem to really give a d$@# about that, though.

Anyways, his only goal seems to be to kill Kyo and anyone related to him (according to the his '95 ending.) However, like any good anti-hero, he's found himself on the same side as Kyo, especially in KOF '03.

If anything, he's more of a wild card/neutral character if he's not a villian.

(note that I'm getting my info from the story FAQ(s) on GameFAQs, so I could easily be wrong... :ohwell: )

Also, you could apply the same logic to Bass as Iori. Bass' only goal is to destroy Megaman, but like Iori, he's found himself on the same side on occassions (Megaman and Bass and both Megaman Arcade games.) Of course, its hard to say if those are official, though considering Bass' ending in the second arcade game, they probably are.

I would try to apply the same logic to Shadow, but its pretty clear what side he's on after Shadow the Hedgehog.

Yes, I'm a huge nerd... :urg:

G-Ron

Smash Apprentice
for the good guys got to go with

Solid Snake: Metal gear solid

The original Big Boss in MGS 3

The Bad:

Magus wasnt evil but i like to classify him as being one , lol

Lavos both from chrono trigger

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
I used to like Banjo-Kazooie a lot, but since Rareware moved o he dark side. I just can say one thing...

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ROCKS!!! :chuckle:

Also I love Amy Rose, Peach, DK, Billy Hatcher in any order.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy Kong from DKC.
I just love this lil dude. I always had something with monkeys.
And plus his cartwheel, jetpack and other moves are **** crazy. :D

Deo_Smash

Smash Apprentice
Grit from Advanced wars. Why? Because he's just a lazy old hound dog thats why. I love his theme music, great for those relaxing days. Plus his sniping skills are top notch, according to the Advanced Wars manual. He'll snipe a guy from a rocking chair with a revolver, never batting an eye.

The_Drifter18

Smash Rookie
Sephiroth is to a villain!!

Cloud Strife
Final fantasy 7
PS1

Cloud strife is the man, he carries a huge sword thats bigger than his body, how hardcore can you get than that.

Scorpion
Mortal Combat 2
SNES

Ok... he shoots a hook out of his hand and stabs his opponent and pulls him toward him so he can uppercut them.....enough said

Kratos
God of War
PS2

He has the coolest weapons ever, i mean common he has swords attached to chains that he can swing around. Plus he just ran around owning everything in his path and he got down and dirty with some girls hehe.

Chrono
Chrono Trigger
SNES

He was just straight up sweet cause he had some sweet abilities like the luminaire attack, or his fire sword attack so many other good moves too.

Now for my villain...Sephiroth...there has been a lot of discussion about Sephiroth and i wanted to say a few things about him. First he was not controlled by jenova. Sephiroth controlled everyone with his mind. He had jenovas cells in him along with cloud. Cloud was never controlled by jenova but rather by sephiroth. Sephiroth Destroyed everthing the shinra were connected to because the shinra wanted to take the promised land from the ancients and sephiroth was too an ancient. So you see, Sephiroth is too a villain and probably the biggest villain ever.

Marcel

Smash Cadet
well link is my favorite because he is awesome. He is the Hero of time and everything about his games makes him bad ***. He gets it on with Zelda and he has a great horse (epona).

Falcomaster16

Smash Journeyman
My favorite Character would have to be Ryu from street fighter, because He has 3 cool moves: Hadoken, Shoryuken, and that triple spin kick. Also, he has appeared in so many fighting games it's not even funny. Ryu has been around for a long time and he will appear in fighting games forever.

Legendaryhero

Smash Journeyman
character: link
game: legend of zelda ocarina of time
reason: do i even have to give one?

character: Gordon Freeman
game: half-life // half-life 2
reason: hes the most BA scientist that ever lived and rocks nerdy glasses harder than anyone in the world

character: Mitsarugi
game: soul caliber
reason: he's a samuri... are you a samuri? i thought not.

D.A.

Smash Apprentice
So many to name...

Good Guys:

Character: Link
Game: Numerous Legend of Zelda Titles
Reason: Whether or not Link is a chibi looking child or a adult badass, he's the quiet hero who is ravaging evil and beating them down with his mighty blad known as the Master Sword and he saves Zelda every time, shame we never see him get some sugar...

Character: Ratchet
Game: Ratchet & Clank Titles
Reason: Ratchet is the reckless funy type guy who goes into fights guns a blazin', much like any of us would do, which is always entertaining, plus, he has more weapons than any **** video game character known to man, and aside from that, any character who has a slogan of "Blow Sh*t Up" is fine in my book.

Character: Kratos
Game: God of War
Reason: Kratos is part of God of War, one of the greatest games of all time. Aside from this, he is a savage beast and kills just about everything in sight, he overcomes death, and he has more problems than any game character we've seen yet.

Character: Tidus
Game: Final Fantasy X
Reason: Tidus has problems almost as bad as Kratos, that says alot, he has to live being a dream, meaning he will cease to exist in due time. This means Tidus an't live his life with Yuna, his love from the real world. Being such a cheerful likeable guy, seeing Tidus have to swallow this so suddenly at the end of the game was incredible.

Character: Mario
Game: Super Mario Games
Reason: Mario is the greatest mascot and video game character in existence. Single handedly Mario games usually save the life of Nintendo, when Sonic was blazing Mario sales, Mario came back and held his own. When Playstation first jumped onto the scene, N64's Super Mario 64 trailblazed like no game before it, becoming one of the greatest expriences of our time. If Mario isn't a good character to you, I suggest you stop playing video games.

Bad Guys:

Character: Sephiroth
Game: Final Fantasy VII
Reason: He is without a doubt the greatest villain in aming, the most sadistic, the most insane, the most terrifying, and the most individual, Sephiroth is and will most likely never lose his title, villains like Sephy come and go only once every few years when the planets align.

Character: Ganondorf
Game: Legend of Zelda Games
Reason: Ganon is Link's Nemisis, and he keeps coming back, if that isn't a good villain, I don't know what is, and every time he comes back he seems more evil than the last, and it's almost as if he's a different person, well that's because he is, but either way, a great villain.

Character: Crow (Snoop Dogg)
Game: Def Jam Fight For NY
Reason: ah, there's nothing like a ruthless, drug dealing, funny villain who can outdo any Grand Theft Auto baddie in seconds, plus, he knows karate, that's hilrious, Snoop D-O double G doing karate kicks and wall runs.

Character: Wario
Game: Mario & Wario Games
Reason: Wario is much better as a villain than Bowser, and much more evil, aside from this, Wario hs his own game.

rezz

Smash Journeyman
link

games-(got a day?)in order frome new to old
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA:
TWILIGHT PRINCESS
THE MINISH CAP
FOUR SWORDS ADVENTURES
THE WIND WAKER
A LINK TO THE PAST
FOUR SWORDS
ORACLE OF SEASONS
ORACLE OF AGES
MAJORA'S MASK
OCARINA OF TIME
MASTER QUEST
OCARINA OF TIME
LINK'S AWAKENING
A LINK TO THE PAST
THE ADVENTURE OF LINK
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA

thear ar some more but i think that thats all the good ones
and he was in ssb and ssbm but i think you all know that.

Cloudlockhart

Smash Apprentice
Cloud Strife (because of his badass history and limit breaks).
Final Fantasy 7
PS1

Tifa Lockhart (because she is my fav gal fighter plus her body...yea).
Final Fantasy 7
PS1

Penetrago

Smash Apprentice
Good:
Cloud,ff7: im not a fan boy but he is a serious character who fights for real things not because he just woke up and decided, and unlike afew characters he'd admit fighting for revenge too.

Zidane,ff9: his weapons are amazingly cool, that is all

Soild Snake: Just amazing character you can't disagree, he is hardened and nothing like Raiden, i liked raiden to be honest at least the developers tried something else, and it is funny to see them include him in every game, including mgs4: Guns of the patriots

Raziel, Legacy of kain series: a revenge character, but in the end he realises he must unite with his arch nemesis to defeat the real enemy even if it means his death, and his original games soul reaver was excellent , nothing like that crap Defiance which ended it all.

Bad:
kuja,ff9:someone else has already said why he is so amazing, and he's completely right, it was shy guy on the first page.

Sephiroth: only because he is suited to cloud he looks evil in advent children and his fight scene really brings out a true end fight scene.

LuBu: He was really hard and was at the start of the game , he was even harder than anything else in the game and he wasn't the last boss, i defeated him though :) .

Virgil: he is really cool and not cheesy like his borther dante, cliched katana sword though, but really cool.

The Dark Prince, pop3: ok he isnt my favourite but the way the developer made it so that to defeat him you ignore him and not fight him, is really logic and makes sense, who can defeat themselves really? and i'm not talking about you controlling two controllers :) . I mean in defeating him he would become the dark prince by choosing that path.

Seymour,ff10: From the first time you see him you know he's evil and although everyone thinks he's brill you and tidus know he's evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom