• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
@Gary. Try not to clutter the thread with something like "why do you have a profile image that is accessable to the public and provided by the forums?"

@Shiz. I've got shuffling down for the most part, and wavedashing almost perfectly. What comboes should I get myself started on?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Thanks for all who have already answered others questions.

The KneeOfJustice, now that you've got wavedashing almost perfect, can you wavedshine? Once you tell me you got waveshining perfect, ask me again about combos and I'd be more than glad to tell you some stuff :chuckle:.

Blunted Object10, against very technical foxes you have to try to be at the same level of technicalness they are at or more. You have to try to mindgame them into a shine, like, double jump over them and act as if your going to fast fall to a dair shine, don't do the dair and most likely they'll dodge, and then when you get them with the shine just start comboing them. With Falco vs Any fastfaller, its all about getting falcos shine.

SciFiGuy, most likely its probably the L-canceling. Because when you jump around the stage doing dair shines and L-canceling them its much easier. But when you hit someone or a shield, your frames for landing on the floor to L-cancel(which now has become a timing in your head without hitting a person) slow down. Believe me, all it takes it just a little more practice with L-canceling. Like practice on a lvl 1 Fox doing Dair shines perfectly L-canceling.

Nappydude1, I'm glad you want your Falco to play like mine :chuckle:. But what I would do is try to do the stuff that I do, and merge it with what you already know, like thats what I did about Bombsoldier, I saw his combos, copied them, merged them with new stuff that I know to keep them going and doing lots of damage. Anyways though, to do the Shine to Bair, I use the control stick, just do the shine, push up on the control stick, and then push the c-stick back. If you do it too fast you won't come out of your shine, and if you do it slow it will most likely still be faster then when you do it with Y or X. You should do Shine to Bair on mainly any character, but it is good to do shine to Uair on floatys like Marth, Mario, Peach and all them other ones, but you can do shine to bair on any char.

Edg, I wavedash out of my shine with X and R. But to Jump around I use Y. All you have to do is just get used to pushing X after down and B. Like it may feel uncomfortable at first, but you will get used to it, so you'll memorize what you'll have to do without even thinking about it.

Whooperbooger, all you have to do is Jump, airdodge dianally towards the ground. Thats to wavedash.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
I wonder if Shiz ever gets tired of repeating himself over and over again. XD
maybe he does. but this thread wus made to help people. and how much people do u know wud serch thru 30 pages looking for what they want? most wud look at the first 5 if they hav nuthing to do and then go strate to the last page and post ther question. so no matter what he will hav to repeat himself a cuppel times.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
hey shiz how do i fight an annoying link that hooks and chaingrabs alot and uses the annoying up-B well.

i really hate that move, its quite the falco killer.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
I hate posting in this thread becasue I feel bad for shiz because I know he's been asked what I'm about to ask but I could'nt find it in the search thread or the other pages but I didn't search every single page either. Anyways...i'm pretty much asking how I can improve my falco. I'm the type of falco who's solid foundation is based on lasers. Also dair to shine is my most abused move due to the follow up of comboage I use it a lot of the time. I don't know if I play a technical falco or not maybe you could tell me. I can dair l cancel shine perfect up to 30 times I mean it's second nature. L-canceling is very easy. I can shffl perfectly for the most part. I almost play a frame perfect falcon. I can pillar but people roll out of it sometimes. And it's hard to di if that makes sense. cuz when i dair to shine it knocks the people away from me and i have to follow it. I can wavedash pretty well. I can waveshine also. like shine wavedash (to follow di) dair to shine again and than a bair to shine. I mean i'm not terrible but i'm not really great either. 2 jc's shines in the air. And if you love bombsoldier than your familiar with these haha. But like I said i love lasers. That's usually what I use to approach all the time. I can ledge drop double lasers. But one misses and the other hits. If i drop low than come up only one hits. I can ledge tech. I think I got the basics down. But could you suggest to me some tips on how to improve? Like using the best of my style? Oh I forgot I love to shine double jump dair and repeat. So the opponent is bouncing up and down up and down up and down in the air. but i only double jump if they go high in the air. And my secondary is falcon which i believe i'm really good with.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
hey shiz how do i fight an annoying link that hooks and chaingrabs alot and uses the annoying up-B well.

i really hate that move, its quite the falco killer.
pretty much what m3rc said. Keep your distance and short hop laser him as you are approching. Also come up from the air if he expects you to charge him. I'm pretty sure ledge teching should stop you from getting semi spike by links spin attack. But If he loves to grab you and spin attack than keep your distance short hop laser him and let him come to you. If that don't work play fox LOL jk. Hope this helps. If i'm wrong da shiz than let me know.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
link isint realy hard to play. just come from above so that the spin doesint work. just aproach with them lazers and dair to shine alot coz then he cant shield grab u if u do it right.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Invertigo, yeah basically approach with lasers(I don't like spamming really), and then when you get to the link wavedash backwards(try to mindgame the link so they do the Up+B which is the spinning move) hoping they do the Up+B or any slow move like a grab, and then hit them with a Nair to shine, and when they get in the air combo with Dair shine, and dair uptilts.

Kamikaze Falco, a way to imporve your falco is doing less lasers. You don't want to always rely on lasers. Make sure Dairs aren't your only move. Always approach with Dairs and Nairs and lasers. Try to do this combo on a fox, and after you get the Combo down start mixing it up(This must start on 0). Do a shine, double jump in the air, fall down with a dair to shine, follow their DI and do another Dair shine(Always do two dair shines) on the third part where they're in the air DI''ing(This works also even if they're not DI'ing) do a Nair to jab, grab them and down smash(This combo mainly works only on Foxs and Falcos, but really well vs Fox). When your opponent is in the air, do a shine to bair or just a bair or Nair. Doing Dair to shines to people at high percentages like 60-80 on floatys knocking them up and down doesn't really work on someone who knows how to DI. So when they're up to around 60-80 damage doing more Dair shine, Dair them when they're in the air and then fastfall to the ground and do an uptilt, and if you have the opportunity do a Shine to Bair to send them off the stage.

5 On ThE SiDE

Smash Rookie
I have a problem with the LHDL - the first shot is so low to the stage that people have started jumping over it which allows them to clear the 2nd shot as well. I can hit a character knocked to the ground with the LHDL on the 1st shot the 2nd is slightly higher if that helps you understand the range. If I slow down the first shot it always ends up way too high or I cant consistantly get 2. Any tips?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
5 On ThE SiDE, you might want to have a different approach when you get up from the edge. Don't always come up with LHDL. Come up with a Uair because they will be expecting to jump over your lasers, this works really well. And after yo hit them with the Uair get a shine on them and start comboing them. Your doing the lasers perfert from the way you describe the lasers. They are supposed to be low so they get hit by it. But if they start jumping over the lasers just try a differnt approach.

AlphaXenos

Smash Rookie
Heya Shiz, I liked you combo videos very much and I have a question I need to ask. I noticed that you were able to do a bair or a dair right out of a shine. I know you've stated that you use the control stick (the movement one) to jump out of the shine and the c-stick to use the aerial. I was wondering if you knew anyone that used the X or Y to jump out of the shine to the aerial or if it was physcially possible. Perhaps jumping out the shine with the control stick is the only way to connect in such a fashion?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
AlphaXenos, doing it with the Control stick is the best way to do it because its the fastest. But you can do it fast with Y or X, but its not that fast and doesn't give as much knockback.

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
Lol, I like Donal Duck. He pwns :). Plus it kind of describes my personality :chuckle:.

EditL This is Shiz on brothers name by accident >_>.

Chinkku397

Smash Rookie
Hey Shiz, I was wondering, how long did it take you to master Falco? Or in your opinion, how long do you think it would take for someone to master SSBM?

flipboi0787

Smash Cadet
hey shiz, this it my first post. just got into smash this summer. my friends think i'm crazy because i learned pretty fast technical things. i looked through practically this whole forum and apparently everybody knows how to ledge tech. i know how to ledge tech with falco's up b sweetspotted but can't ledge tech with up b or side b any other time. i have two friends: one who plays captain falcon and sweetspots his uptilt into a ledgeguard and one who plays marth and ledge guards with downtilt. i just can't get the timing for teching falco's phantasm (side b). each time i phantasm the edge get hit by either captain's or marth's tilt and get close enough to the ledge but apparently don't have the timing for the tech. i see all your videos and you tech your phantasm just about everytime when you're put in that situation. could you help me out here?
also, your match versus queendvs(marth), you did the ledge powershield edge guard on queendvs. what's the chances this method would actually work?
finally, for jc shines, do you keep your left thumb down on the control stick the whole time when performing this technique?

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Um, he says it all over, He's been playing with the advanced techniques for about a year and a half. I'm not sure if that time can be applied to everyone lese though, as he has monstrously fast fingers.

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
MERC, when he says master Falco. He probably means do everything that Falco can do. I can practically do everything that Falco can do. It took me From when I first started learning about wavedashing about a year and a half ago. To about this day. So in all it took me about a year and a half.

I'll answer that other kids questions on Teching a little later. I really have to go right now, can someone help him out?

This is DaShizWiz on brothers account right now.

Handorin

Smash Hero
It's called jump cancel shine. (JC shine) You shine, jump, then shine before you leave the ground. It is really hard until you get the hang of it, it also helps to have fast fingers by nature.

Ixninjax

Smash Journeyman
actually, jump-canceling shines with falco is more about timing than speed. Fox is a different story though, as speed is absolutely necessary when you jump-cancel shines with him (essentially, as fast as you can).

technomancer

Smash Champion
The trick to JC shines is to realize that you can take your time doing the jump, but you have to vB ASAP afterwards. Falco is easier than Fox, but can do them almost as fast.

Fast fingers can be trained. JC shines are an ok way to train them, as is SHFFL practice, but you should invent specific excercises for variety and practice them often, at least once a day, and you'll find your gameplay and finger speed much improved.

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
hey, do you have any tips against shieldgrabbers? I tend to have a lot of problem with them. What I do now is use falco's forward tilt or jab a lot. But when I start shffling and/or shiniing again , i get shieldgrabbed automatically.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Ok, against Shieldgrabbers, what you want to do is do a shine, and then do a JC'ed grab out of it. It owns them. My brother KeepSpeedN taught me this.

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
i have a question about combos how do u get them i play on training and when im done it says like 15 combos but i dont know how i got them

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
The training mode is a really unaccurate way to learn those combos. What you want to do is (if you know how to wavedash), Shffl your Dair shines. And after the second dair shine, do a nair to jab to downsmash aginst a fox mainly. But after the second dair shine on space animals in general, do a nair to forward smash or something different. Aginst floaty's try to Shuffle your dair shines and dair uptilts, sometimes its good to fight floatys on platformed levels.

Zander805

Smash Ace
Hey ShizWiz, give me some Luigi combos, all I have is like D-Air > Shine > U-Tilt > D-Air > Short Hop U-Air > Full Jump B-Air, and that only works at like 0%

You got anything good on Luigi?

MasterGary

Smash Ace
hey, do you have any tips against shieldgrabbers? I tend to have a lot of problem with them. What I do now is use falco's forward tilt or jab a lot. But when I start shffling and/or shiniing again , i get shieldgrabbed automatically.
another thing to do against shield grabbers is. as soon as u finish using the dair or any other areial move l-cancel it as quikly as posible and shine. then usualy they will b trying to grab u after u attack and will not b able to blok the shine. it works realy good.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Zander805, I'm playing a Luigi today. And there really aren't any combos on Luigi. You should just try to rack up damage on Luigi. Just do Dair or Nair to shine, after you the the shine do a Uair.

Manlypass@gmail.com, All you have to do is to Dair(which is the spike move) then shine them, and then when they're in the air, you want to hit them with another dair and then do a shine again. What the Dair does is knock the opponent into the shine, which keeps the combo going.

Top Bottom