• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Yeah its mainly just practice. At the beginning the first day I started I was hitting about 4 or 5 really slow. And then after practice it I got it down really fast, so now I can do like 15 nonstop. Its all about the Timing, once you get the timing done, you got it.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
I'm getting it with the analog stick lol. I can't do it with b y b. I can't get the sliding action!!! It freakin gets me mad lol. The thing is with the analog stick you have to independently control the stick while you pressing b. That way you can get the right timing if that makes any sense. I almost got it. Oh shiz and another thing. Is it seriously possible to shine from shield. I haven't seen no one use it. Because if that option is available than think of the possibilities.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Shine, Jump, Dair, Uptilt
or something of that nature. Watch Aces and Eights or You Got Shizd On for some good examples.

saberhof

Smash Master
k i guees i can ask, well im going to be preparing for a tournament(my first acttually) at some local host near my house, the best player of Tijuana(TKD) is going to be there, and ive decided to really train hardcore, any tips on how to train besides comp lvl1 or some techniques against another falco

clowsui

Smash Legend
I always screw up my Dairs at the most crucial moments; i.e. I don't manage to spike with it when I need to. Where's the sweetspot?

Also, how do you do that thing where you're off the edge but you do a UpB but then you're suddenly on the edge again?

blackcat13

Smash Cadet
Hey, whats a shine and how do you do it? i'm new on this technical stuff,and i try to stick to the basics.

blackcat13

Smash Cadet
k i guees i can ask, well im going to be preparing for a tournament(my first acttually) at some local host near my house, the best player of Tijuana(TKD) is going to be there, and ive decided to really train hardcore, any tips on how to train besides comp lvl1 or some techniques against another falco
and just saying, what i do to pre-pare, is to take on three lvl 9's. (to most its possible) and if you already can, perfect your combos, then train on fast mode for a long time, then if you can do all that, take on three of the best smash humans you know, on teams at the same time,then you should be ready, but this is just what i do.

Sess

Smash Rookie
A shine is simply B Down...

I dont get whats suppose to happen when I do a JC shine. can anyone explain it to me?

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
aight sess a JC shine is when u jump out of a shine. this cuts the shine time down and allows for alot of combos. to put it real simple its faster

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
By method, do you mean buttons or timing or what?

The real only way to get good at waveshining is practicing it. Its one of those things lol. But If you need more help on waveshining, I'd be glad to help.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Hey DaShizWiz, I've got a question I think hasn't been brought up, but since this thread is 60 pages I could be wrong--

I'm pretty new to Falco but I've gotten most of the technical stuff down. Unfortunately I have no tourney experience with him because I live in Mississippi and there are never any tourneys around here =(

Anyway, the question-- what is the point of shieldbreaking with multishining when you could just DAIR => shine => JC grab? If the DAIR misses you shine to avoid being shield-grabbed, and if that misses, presumably because your opponent is shielding, you instantly JC grab from the shine.

So why don't I ever see this technique used? Am I missing something?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I don't know, some people just dont use it. I for one use both because they're both good in certain ways. Like this is great for grabbing them out of they're shields. But the JC shines put pressure on the opponent. When grabbing them you can hit them after you throw them. But when putting pressure on them you might be able to get them to mess up or something.

Like this is what I do, I like to switch my style up while playing.

1. Sometimes I approach with a SHL to a shine to jcgrab to grab them out of they're shield.
2. Sometimes I put pressure on them doing Dair shine shine, Dair shine shine, so while they're shielding you can hit them with a shine or dair while they try to shield grab you. If you do this correctly its impossible to get shield grabbed, unless they powershield your dair and then grab you, because when they powershield your aerial, it backs them up spacing them so you will do a move like a dair, which will miss and they have perfect range to grab you..

Handorin

Smash Hero
Shai- What part of MS? I went to one in Starkville not to long ago, and there biweeklies in West Memphis now on Sat/Sun (midnight-morning) at the Pizza Inn. Then INNsomnia V is coming up there. Just click my sig for that.

Space_Fighter81

Smash Rookie
wuz up shiz,
i'm kinda new to falco and fox, but i kind of got the handle on them. my question to you is when switching between fox and falco, does it mess up your playing stlye or do you adjust quickly between the 2?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Well, my first main ever was Fox, and then about 3 and a half years later I learned about wavedashing and L-canceling, once I learned about that stuff I picked up Falco because I saw how cool of a charcter he was. So I was switching mains going through Falco and Fox for about 7 months or so. And then I just started using Falco more cause I liked him more, so I switched my Mains making Fox my secondary. And after using them a lot, I have no problem switching with them. If you want to I'll show you a fight of my Fox, its not that bad, it helped me win a tournament about a month ago exactly from today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI6T4pijWXU

MasterGary

Smash Ace
To do the firebird at the edge all you have to do is push the control stick back away form the edge then move it to up and press b. so u kinda make a 1/4 circle from back to up and hit b.

Handorin

Smash Hero
That's the same way I do it, Joey. I think it is better because you have less of a chance to SideB off like what I always did. >_<

MasterGary

Smash Ace
That's the same way I do it, Joey. I think it is better because you have less of a chance to SideB off like what I always did. >_<
for u all i can say is just put on the tv (hoping u hav a tv with cable close to where u play ur smash) and practice while watching tv. this way it seems alot less boring. in this way i play smash for probably more then 4 hours a day if i feel like it.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Well, I appreciate the advice, but I like the way I do it. I find it much easier (and safe).
+TV is distracting because you cant watch both at once. I usually just practice with nothing playing, sometimes with music if I feel like it.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Shai- What part of MS? I went to one in Starkville not to long ago, and there biweeklies in West Memphis now on Sat/Sun (midnight-morning) at the Pizza Inn. Then INNsomnia V is coming up there. Just click my sig for that.
You need to delete some of your messages--I tried to PM you but couldn't.

I was at that tourney in Starkville but I was terrible at the time. Since then I've played 3God quite a bit and am now MUCH better.

I'm in Madison now. It's 3 hours to Memphis and at least 3 hours to anywhere else that has biweeklies or tourneys. I would probably go to the Memphis biweeklies at least some of the time if they happened during the day. I'm just not real keen on driving after being up all night.

I will be at Inn V, though. I'm just worried I'm going to suck because it's so friggin hard to find practice around here.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Okay. I'm having an issue with the wall jump spike and it's a weird one. There's really nothing technical I'm having a hard time with. I can wall jump consistently, like when doing a wall jump phantasm or what have you, and I'm quick enough so that I can up b to recover after the wall spike. I'm having more of a psychological problem, I guess. I just can't seem to pull off the wall jump when I try to do it. I always Dair back to the stage or to my death. Advice? What buttons do you use? I've been doing drop with control stick, jump with X, control stick up and to the right, left, spike, etc.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
for u all i can say is just put on the tv (hoping u hav a tv with cable close to where u play ur smash) and practice while watching tv. this way it seems alot less boring. in this way i play smash for probably more then 4 hours a day if i feel like it.
lol thats the same thing i do. i play for a long time this way to. and yeah i understand if ya can't multi-task while playin smash. some people just got it lol.

Space_Fighter81

Smash Rookie
Crazy

Well, my first main ever was Fox, and then about 3 and a half years later I learned about wavedashing and L-canceling, once I learned about that stuff I picked up Falco because I saw how cool of a charcter he was. So I was switching mains going through Falco and Fox for about 7 months or so. And then I just started using Falco more cause I liked him more, so I switched my Mains making Fox my secondary. And after using them a lot, I have no problem switching with them. If you want to I'll show you a fight of my Fox, its not that bad, it helped me win a tournament about a month ago exactly from today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI6T4pijWXU
Yeah i found out bout wavedashing and l-canceling bout 2years ago, but doc was my main. how much hours and day did you put in with falco? what part of fl u stay at?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Oh, I forgot. I have a problem with one more thing. The mid-air shine, jump cancel, aerial. Like to a bair or dair right after the shine. I just can't seem to be able to pull it off when I need to as well as wave shining backwards. I can wavedash and waveshine forwards fine... just backwards for some reason. I always turn around in the shine.

kidprecision

Smash Apprentice
The jump cancelled shine to aerial is just practice.

You are probably trying to waveshine too fast when you attempt to waveshine backwards, so the shine doesnt cancel and you just end up turning around. Waveshine timing is a little weird. You have to wait a little and then wavedash backwards.

lexxil

Smash Apprentice
1. Im playing with X, i hate me for this.
Its a joke doing Doubleshines with Y but hard with X, so, when can I use Doubleshines?
2. Sometimes i see Falcos making a lightshield and then edgehogging, how can I do that?
3. On Platform, ive got the problem that i want to shine an opponent but, then i press down for a shine, im going unter the platform (PS, FoD; Dreamland...) and when i jump to dair the enemy (or another move, combo, etc) I only can perform one jump. This suxxors.
How can I avoid this... U-tilts? I Have no Idea!
4. I often play against a Shiek. Hes a good friend, and an almost very good Shiek player.
Racking up damage isnt the problem 10~80% are easy. Combos are working well.
But then, ive got no idea how to kill this shiek. I almost try to chase teches or rolls an fsmash (Trying it costs me 50% of damage), but how can I kill a Shiek, im aearching something like "Downthrow 2 Knee" (CF) I can perform on a Shiek, when shes ready to die.
5. Are there some good stages for Falco, I only know FD and FoD.
6. I'm always l-cancelling my Airs, and after a short hopped dair I also do a shine, but I often get (shield)grabbed, how can i avoid this?

lexxil (my englisch is teeh_omfg,bomzaldroppenton germanton, bad...)

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
You can use doubleshines to catch people who hold delay their shield grab until after your first shine. you can also use it to break shields of you are nasty like DaShizWiz.

to kill sheik just shine to bair or dair if you're near the edge and could spike her over. unless the stage has a high ceiling, you could kill her w/a dtilt if she's over 100% (it might be a little higher, but it's not lower than 100%).

FoD and FD are definitely his best stages, but he's fine on 3 plat stages.

if you are l-cancelling a dair and still getting shieldgrabbed, then you are probably starting the dair too early into the jump. wait until right b/f you are about to fastfall to start it.

lexxil

Smash Apprentice
oh thx tarheeljks, your advices helped me alot, since im doing the dair a bit later i think i've improved alot! (btw. it lokks stylish0r)
thx!

Antoher question.. how to doe the RSHL?
Im not getting it, im not moveing backwards when i try to perfom RHSL...

sry, my english sucks ^,~

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
Thanks for helping him out Tarheeljks.

Lexxil, to do RSHL, what you do is jump in the direction your running, while your in the air flick the control stick in the opposite direction, and then after that push the B button, and then fastfall towards the ground. Thats about it, and if you know your doing this right, its your controller. Some controllers make you mess up on RSHL's. But try it out this way first before you might think your controller is messed up.

This is DaShizWiz on KeepSpeedN's name by accident.

lexxil

Smash Apprentice
at first, thx very much DaShizWiz, but... how you've said, my Controller is "messed up", Im doing the normal Reverse B, but this Falco always stands still.

But...

I think maybe its because of my way to use the stick, I always "smash" the stick for FF or moving and DI while SHL, so im not putting the stick in his normal position i just let slip him back...
My stick is very spongy too... ^-^

Top Bottom