• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
When your opponent is off stage, you should do the thing that results in them dying.

WOW the amount of intellence of that statement awes me...lololol jk dude

jabs are good on spacies...or if youre feeling hilarious utilt

puckgood

Smash Journeyman
Why do you care, stalker? Don't make me sic the po
Ok.... I have another question....

I was thinking earlier that it would be nice if Falco had a shinespike. And then I thought, Well, hey, people always do those combos where they shine, jump cancel insanely fast (usually with the control stick, right?) and do dair on the way up, hitting them back down. So.... would it be possible to do this off of the ledge? Hit them with the shine, jump cancel and dair them down, then recover to the stage. Possibly not the best option, but pretty flashy. Also, you could start it as a bombsoldier.... and then survive. THis would probably be done when they are in the position for a bombsoldier; they'd probably be below the stage....

Is there a problem with my reasoning? I'm gonna try to check this out soon, but I have been very busy of late.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
VectorMan speaking: lol i can't sign into my account for some reason

Seems this thread is the only Falco thread still even being reviewed.... Well don't mean to bother but some of AZ (VectorMan and Axe) are trying to get anyone who can help well with some help... We've had the honor to play with AZ's Forward.. and many of AZ professionals.. but since this is the world of Falco's I'd figure it would be a good idea to get many Falco players' perspective so if you have the time.. enjoy some friendly melee Falco dittos thanks everyone.... We've had much advice given to us already and were above average players... Not necesarrily looking for advice for the matter but if you do have some.. I wouldn't mind to hear it..I guess you could say were looking for any *unique* ideas or something.. lol Idk.. but yeah.. hope you guys watch and enjoy!

It's been over 6-7 months since we've posted some Falco videos.... and some updated ones at that.. but we finally felt like uploading some stuff.. so yeah... Please.. enjoy the matches I hope you like them.. I SWEAR YOU WON'T BE DISSAPOINTED!

Falco Dittos (Friendly Food Matches *Winner buys loser food* lol)

Axe vs VectorMan Game 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ0EmdFJuAk
Axe vs VectorMan Game 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkXJ4yaNFCo
Axe vs VectorMan Game 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAdfjUT9dug
Axe vs VectorMan Game 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tpr_QqeiMs
Axe vs VectorMan Game 5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crQGRzYl37g
Axe vs VectorMan Game 6 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ63AbYYnkM
Axe vs VectorMan Game 7 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAGw9uznsrQ
Axe vs VectorMan Game 8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLNGajE4Y9M
Axe vs VectorMan Game 9 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLq90RONXSA

Thanks everyone who watched the Falco videos i posted above... We're simple trying to improve.. .and yeah.. and such... it's so cool to have such a falco community..

NOTE: if you haven't watched them yet!

I'LL PAY YOU TO WATCH THEM! well.....hmmm.. or at least really love you alot or somethin =) but it's nice to hear from fellow falco players... so if you want.. watch falco is fun... ^^: thanks again all!

MELEE ONLY! NO BRAWL! LOL..........

EDIT: For PuckGood... depending on the angle you actually could pull that off and live from it... or to be more flashy wall jump of the edge and down air and then use ur recovery.. that will also work and you will survive.. try it =)

so yeah.. keep MELEEING EVERYONE LOL *MELEEING* IS THAT A WORD?

puckgood

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but you couldn't do the wall jump as low on some stages (ie; fd, bf) but I shall tryify that. Meleeing is definitely a word, if you look it up in Webster's Complete, Unabridged, Verbatim, Absurdly Lengthy Dictionary (Edition 745) it says, "Meleeing: /verb/ 1: To do something in the manner of Super Smash Brothers Melee, especially to play. 2: To shun Brawl and all things evil. See also: Awesome, Sweet, Cool, Utterly fantabulous, Really cool in general."

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
shine dairs and shine bairs are easy to come back from....wall jumping to do it is stupid...

Falcinho

Smash Ace
I watched some of your vids, Vectorman:

You both got decent techskill and stuff but i'd suggest to chill a bit more.
You're very fast but your approaches/patterns can still be ***** (e.g. either pillar with multishines or let it be but don't do an failed doubleshine to DJ pillar)

Basically i only can say the same stuff as Mogwai: Don't only try to combo and move around flashy

And work on your edgeguard.

Edit: and if Axe sits in his shield, waiting for you to appraoch with a shffl so he can shine out of shield, just grab him now and then ;P
Or mess up his timing with DDing/WDing back in front if his shield

vince1234

Smash Rookie
hey everyone i just started playing melee and i want to use falco at his fullest. i have a few questions that i hope DaShizWiz or anyone can answer.

1. WHats the point of using shl, why cant you use the regular blaster?

2. Whats the easiest way to use shl, step by step instructions please.

3. Is there an article or source that explains all of falco's combos and advanced techniques and how to use them? If so can i have that site?

4. How do i cancel a shine into the spike? Whenever i shine the opponent would fly higher than my jump making it impossible to get above and spike.

Thanks in advanced!

FoxID

Smash Cadet
1. The point of SHL is so that you can have the ability of being completely mobile and still laser your opponent. Also if you can shl fast enough you can immobilize them while you cross the whole level and continue to combo them. Watch this video and you can see the effectiveness of SHL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRMbsFibuh4 Also if you SHL it cancels the lag of putting the gun away so you can SHL into a Dsmash with no lag from the laser. It is really effective.

2. The way I SHL is
a)Run
b) Press x to jump
c) Let go of forward
d) Shoot
e) Fast fall(Press down)

To do a retreating SHL:
a) Run away
b) Jump
c) Tap back
d) Press b
e) press down to fastfall

vince1234

Smash Rookie
1. The point of SHL is so that you can have the ability of being completely mobile and still laser your opponent. Also if you can shl fast enough you can immobilize them while you cross the whole level and continue to combo them. Watch this video and you can see the effectiveness of SHL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRMbsFibuh4 Also if you SHL it cancels the lag of putting the gun away so you can SHL into a Dsmash with no lag from the laser. It is really effective.

2. The way I SHL is
a)Run
b) Press x to jump
c) Let go of forward
d) Shoot
e) Fast fall(Press down)

To do a retreating SHL:
a) Run away
b) Jump
c) Tap back
d) Press b
e) press down to fastfall
I see. Can you solve my shine spike problem?

FoxID

Smash Cadet
Alright, well If I understood correctly he is going too high for you to spike him before he regains control fo his character. The only thing I can think of is that his damage is too high or you aren't shine canceling fast enough. The higher damage he has the faster you need to shine cancel. Try to jump immediately out of your shine. Or learn to waveshine.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
3. No there is no such thing. Falco combo's are situational and you just need to learn what to do when. Certain people like do to certain combos at certain percentages on certain characters.

4. you can shine spike with falco...if you mean shine dair...hit them with the bottom of the shine then jc dair as fast as you can.

btw...you said brawl...you meant melee right? because all of this is is sort of irrel since his shine is different in brawl

vince1234

Smash Rookie
3. No there is no such thing. Falco combo's are situational and you just need to learn what to do when. Certain people like do to certain combos at certain percentages on certain characters.

4. you can shine spike with falco...if you mean shine dair...hit them with the bottom of the shine then jc dair as fast as you can.

btw...you said brawl...you meant melee right? because all of this is is sort of irrel since his shine is different in brawl
yea i meant melee. im having trouble with shine then jump cancel. how do i jump cancel to the the best height to spike someone?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
i totally dont understand...what are you trying to do...are you shining them on the stage then trying to dair them? if so just press up on the control stick as fast as you can then press down on the c stic k as fast as you can then youll get it but i dont know i fthats waht you want...if you are trying to run off and shine then dair...you better be pretty **** fast. if you just mean spike when they are coming back...you shouldnt need to shine...i dont knwo tell me what you are looking for exactly.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
JCing a shine is just shining and then pressing X,Y or up on the control stick to jump.
You can choose between SH, FJ or DJ just as if you were standing on the ground.

The reason why your dair doesn't connect is probably bcuz you are playing against very floatiy chars like Luigi or Peach.
In this case it's often better to not spike them after the shine.
Or you need to practice jumping out of the shine faster.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Fox ID, you don't have to let go of forward when you SHL. You just have to remember to tilt, not tap, the control stick in the desired direction. You get more distance this way.

Vince, also try waveshining. Waveshining is one of Falco's most dangerous tools in comboing.

vince1234

Smash Rookie
yea im trying to shine to launch my opp then use Dair to drill them down then shine again and Dair repeat. but the problem i have is that after the launch with the shine i dont jump high enough. should i jump with the joy stick or x/y? also, is waveshining a moving shine?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
ok...it depnds on who you are playing and what percentage they are at...for fast fallers i use y, for everyoen else i use the joystick...waveshine is shining then wavedashing right after.

puckgood

Smash Journeyman
Ummm..... my shine to dair off the legde thing again.... I'm having some trouble being quick enough. If I pull it off, I can't recover soon enough. If I dair earier (immediately after I start jumping) then the dair doesn't occur. Is it possible to do this, and if so, from what position. (For those wondering what I'm talking about, I want to be able to shine someone when they're off of the ledge, jc and dair them immediately down. Theoretically, even if I do this below the stage, the dair will wear off in time for me to recover. But.... it doesn't seem to, either becuase I have slow fingers or it isn't possible.) I JC with the control stick, btw.... seems fastest.

AXE 09

Smash Master
I watched some of your vids, Vectorman:

You both got decent techskill and stuff but i'd suggest to chill a bit more.
You're very fast but your approaches/patterns can still be ***** (e.g. either pillar with multishines or let it be but don't do an failed doubleshine to DJ pillar)

Basically i only can say the same stuff as Mogwai: Don't only try to combo and move around flashy

And work on your edgeguard.

Edit: and if Axe sits in his shield, waiting for you to appraoch with a shffl so he can shine out of shield, just grab him now and then ;P
Or mess up his timing with DDing/WDing back in front if his shield
thanks for the advice falcinho... much appreciated lol.

it'd be great if everyone else were to comment and rate our falcos if you could. we've practiced long and hard, and i'd like to see what everyone thinks.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199501

please and thank you =)

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Psyke, sheild, then briefly hold down while you sweep your thumb across Y and B. Y causes you to jump out of your shield, B cancels your jump into a shine. It's a beautiful thing. People think you are going defensive, you do one of these and then start a combo. GET BACK!

Puck, I honestly try not to go off of the edge too much with Falco considering his horrid recovery. I usually stay on the edge and ledgehopped Dair, Dsmash, or maybe even Dtilt. However, if you want to do this, stay as close to the ledge as possible to do it, JC with the stick like you are doing, and Dair with the c-stick. The c-stick lets you do a Dair immediately after you JC your shine. Then you can quickly make it back to the ledge. The JC and the Dair inputs are practically simultaneous

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
Is this an actual combo or is my freind's fox just having ******** DI problems?

At low percentages I forward throw > Illusion > Uptilt/ UpSmash(Smash usually ends combo I can also forward smash if his DI is more behind and low) > Full jump Upair or depending on DI Bair.

I just want to know if this combo is very useful, I've been using in it's raw form since my freind's fox learned to tech falco's downthrow after a sheild grab. (Raw form) Foward throw > Illusion > Uptilt > Upair

Another thing that I'm wondering about is back throw to Dair if the throw takes them off the ledge... I'm not much of a falco and any comment on these silly noob tricks would be nice.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
When you want to do frameperfect shines out of shield press the c-stick up while your shield gets hit and hold it until the hitlag is over --> you will jump on the 1st possible frame.
then shine

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
since this is the falco boards....bing how epic is mark? i'm guessing he'll still raep.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
When you want to do frameperfect shines out of shield press the c-stick up while your shield gets hit and hold it until the hitlag is over --> you will jump on the 1st possible frame.
then shine
Wow this is some nice advice. I always did with x to b, but this probably will work as fast as a buffered roll (which is very close to frameperfect)

Thanks. I'm gonna try it when I get home

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Yeah it's really cool, especially if you shield with R.

Unfortunately i got used to shield with L (so that i can WD out with R) and now i mistime it quite often =(

Gotta practice it again =D

Smash Journeyman
What's your input for wavedashing out of the shine? Whenever I try to I just jump out of the shine because I airdodge too early.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Yeah it's really cool, especially if you shield with R.

Unfortunately i got used to shield with L (so that i can WD out with R) and now i mistime it quite often =(

Gotta practice it again =D
Why can't you shield> shine with Y>B? Just asking.

Omni Smash, if your friend plays Fox, you have much better options combo-wise. Dair-shine combos are your best friend. Throw in some Utilts and use lasers to keep control.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Thanks Falcinho and (sorry if i spelled wrong) and everyone for the rating and everything on my Falco.. Now I have a weird and anonymous request but could you now go in the Mewtwo section and rate my Mewtwo? >>; lol you don't have to but it'd sure be nice.. lol Thanks.. allrite.. laters and thanks again

Top Bottom