• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
@Da_Shuffla: Well try it. If you're doing it with Y or X you need really good timing.
And if you're getting hit by a strong move like a knee organon's dair you probably mess up if you're not used to it.
If you're doing it with the c-stick, you simply have to hold it up and you will jump as soon as the hitlag is over.

If you're getting used to it it also becomes easier to do them with Y/X imo because you get a feeling for when your hitlag is over

Psyke

Smash Rookie
Psyke, sheild, then briefly hold down while you sweep your thumb across Y and B. Y causes you to jump out of your shield, B cancels your jump into a shine. It's a beautiful thing. People think you are going defensive, you do one of these and then start a combo. GET BACK!

Puck, I honestly try not to go off of the edge too much with Falco considering his horrid recovery. I usually stay on the edge and ledgehopped Dair, Dsmash, or maybe even Dtilt. However, if you want to do this, stay as close to the ledge as possible to do it, JC with the stick like you are doing, and Dair with the c-stick. The c-stick lets you do a Dair immediately after you JC your shine. Then you can quickly make it back to the ledge. The JC and the Dair inputs are practically simultaneous
Thanks for the info im going to assume that i time it like i time my multishines....thanks

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
well at high percentages...good luck killing something with dair on the stage...nair is a bit quicker and easier to l cancel imo...if you miss a dair l cancel...**** by fox....its really jsut sort of preference...if you are askign about priority they both have pretty **** good priority..but i know dair rips through peaches dsmash so thats helpful...i dunno you pick

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Lol yeah, I asked that question awhile back, but your answer gave me abit more insight... since back I'd use nair on shielding people and get *****, because I didn't know when to use what.

So, concluded:

Dair: Low percent combos, shields, hitstun, Peach
Nair: Dairs, DDs, range, etc.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
yeah i dunno i just sort of switch up to throw something new...unless its peach >.<

edit: uair is a good killler on marth/peach/floaties/anyone at high percentage actually if you sweetspot it

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
mindgame by using full jump lasers...and not spamming a timing it so you can hit them on the way down as they are going up or vise verse (hitting them going up as they are falling)...some mindgame i saw once was lightshield facing off stage then fall off (or just run off) then come back and laser back on the stage

but you're a fox too so what does it matter to you bing?

Falcinho

Smash Ace
ok but do you play a falcoish Falco or a foxish Falco xP

I'm asking because the Fox mains i've played tend to play very strange Falcos.

@Mogwai: hmm, I don't think so. Most Falco players play Fox too....but often only to do funny tecskill stuff =/
Or if the opponent counterpicks Mute City xD

My Fox is almost at the level of my Falco and I'm just getting used to the art of dashdancing =S
To much SHL in the past >.<

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
ok but do you play a falcoish Falco or a foxish Falco xP

I'm asking because the Fox mains i've played tend to play very strange Falcos.

@Mogwai: hmm, I don't think so. Most Falco players play Fox too....but often only to do funny tecskill stuff =/
Or if the opponent counterpicks Mute City xD

My Fox is almost at the level of my Falco and I'm just getting used to the art of dashdancing =S
To much SHL in the past >.<
I can play Fox, but it's very poorly. I just sorta dashdance all game with some walking around and usmashes scattered in there. My Tech Skill drops over 9,000 points playing Fox.

If the opponent counterpicks Mute City, I play Jiggs, lol.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
lol, just listen to Cactuar and use nair
and grab moar
and usmah and shine eventually

=P
i don't have the finger speed to do what cactuar does with shffl nair, and I listen to him whenever he tells me stuff (except in starcraft). it actually may just be that my timing is all Falco based, but either way, seems like I have to be much faster with shffls with Fox than Falco and one way or another I can't seem to do it. anyway, Fox is lame, all the cool kids use Falco.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Falcinho, what did you mean by Fox players playing strange Falcos? What do you notice about their playstyle?

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
My Falco is good because I play it like its a Fox that can stun you from far away. Fox players don't really understand how to properly abuse a lot of Falco stuff, so we just laser in and pillar.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
So true. I found that my Falco is missing something, but I just could not figure out what. I need to break from the Fox mindset and play Falco as a COMPLETELY different character than Fox. Lol. Back in the day: "They're basically the same character." What do we usually overlook? Or, do I just need to watch more Falco vids?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
that the combos are completely different...the approach is different...edgeguarding is different...

Brainjack

Smash Journeyman
So true. I found that my Falco is missing something, but I just could not figure out what. I need to break from the Fox mindset and play Falco as a COMPLETELY different character than Fox. Lol. Back in the day: "They're basically the same character." What do we usually overlook? Or, do I just need to watch more Falco vids?
hey im kinda having a similar dilemna but i think i'm starting to figure it out more (i also am just starting falco and played fox a lot more)

couple of things i've found

1. falco has potential to play a lot of defensive (kinda obvious but work on lasers)
2. look for more chances for the "big hits" (he is kinda stronger...lol) a possible analogy - fox: usmash :: falco:fsmash?
3. haha no more risky off ledge business (obviously with few exceptions), prolly dsmash is best bet for most edgeguarding cases
4. this one's big for me, FF is a lot more important, especially in shffls cuz fox falls faster in his first 1/3 of a second or something, so a lot of the times you can barely tell the diff with him, but i've definitely noticed falco's diff w/o ff, and it can definitely hurt you if you don't, especially in dittos! or against a fox!

yea, that's all i got, and that's just from like 2-3 days of falco experience so don't quote me

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
falco becomes alot slower without ff..lasers help with big hits.. yeah thats a pretty good list...only with very few exceptions do any characters NEED to use off ledge business...only really to mix things up to not become unpredictable..

plus..i've found that falco is about getting into a rhythm...fox i always found you had to speed up your game...i feel like fox's game goes into "autopilot" easier than falcos (only in combos)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
"Risky off ledge business" is not something you should do with either spacie... Against most of the top tiers, you are equally dead with Fox and Falco if they edgeguard correctly. Their edgeguarding is very different at all. Both characters have an edgeguard game that is fundamentally centered around the bair. Sure, you'll take free hits on laggy recoveries differently, and you'll never be able to shine spike with Falco, but the fundamentals of their edgeguard games are very similar.

FF and having control of it is one of the most important things with all characters. I can't stress this enough. If you don't have perfect control of your fast falls, it will hurt your movement and comboing games a lot. I'll agree that it is a little more important with Falco than anyone else, but in general, it's hugely important and way too easy to overlook.

I don't get your big hits point at all... Falco is very combo oriented character. You'll take the fsmashes and dsmashes where you can get them, but the bread and butter of your game is arial -> shine/utilt, rinse and repeat. And comparing fmsash to fox's usmash is a bad idea. They're both the most powerful smashes for their character, but Falco fsmash is way laggier and starts slower. The annoying thing about Fox's usmash is that it's disproportionately safe for how powerful it is, which is certainly not the case with Falco's fsmash, since it's rarely safe.

IrArby

Smash Ace
So as to make Falco less easy to conquer the world with. More difficult characters build more moral character or summat like dat . . .

Top Bottom