• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who still uses their main(s) from Smash Bros. 64?

BUNI

Smash Apprentice
I always used Samus but i love my Pika recently i have been using Zamus more often tho. Not because she is half naked (i'm not into that...) but because i loved Metroid Zero Mission ^.^

Sirami

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately, I mained Mario in SSB, and I stuck with him in Melee, though Marth was my main. In Brawl, I just don't see Mario having a pleasant future. I've tried and tried to make him work, but I think I have to drop him.

Now I'm playing Marth, Fox, Pit, Link, and Samus. I'm trying hard to make Samus work right now. Finding some interesting stuff, and I think she could be great with enough practice (hard as hell to land AirZ juggles, and I think you can combo her nA into a dTilt, but I can't make it work every time).

My best right now is Fox. Fox has been really good every game, and so I've been playing him every game, though this may be the first game in which I main him.

I did play some Link in the old SSB and a bit in SSBM. I thought he'd be terrible in this one without L canceling, but between his arrow cancel, his gale guarding, and his AirZ combos that are easy as **** to land, he seems to be pretty good.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I used Samus, Kirby and Yoshi.. until I got Ness. Then Ness was my for sure main. Nope, I don't still main him. He sucked in Melee. Too hard to use. He's ok in Brawl, I use him sometimes. I don't use any of the others from Smash 64.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
I still use Falcon sometimes. But I don't use Mario or Link (I use Toon Link though)

Zamuel

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff has been my main since the beginning. Been playing around with various secondaries.

boshi2161

Smash Rookie
I've been maining yoshi ever since the original. A lot of characters got nerfed, but yoshi still pawnes.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Nobody has been my main in all three games but Falcon, Mario, Link, Luigi, Fox and Ness have either been a main or secondary since the beginning.

LordZero

Smash Cadet
I really liked playing kirby in ssb64 but i found his melee form abysmal, but now my love for kirby has returned
The same thing happened to me though I had my doubts - I think it's having the breakdance instead of the firecide and no more grabicide :chuckle:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Olimar and Wario weren't in smash 64...However Luigi was!

Adapt

Smash Lord
jiggs was the character i used for fun in SSB64 and still is now.

in SSB64 i used CF as my main character, with a bit of Fox mixed in

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Fox main sinced 64.I love his playstyle and was totally in loved with SF64 when I played Smash for the first time.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
Kirby felt overwhelmingly powerful to me way back in 64 but I nigh forgot about him in melee. Now in Brawl, Kirby's movements feel incredibly fluid in comparison to melee, especially considering the fact that the mechanics of his character haven't changed that much. I think that he was probably the most solid main I've ever had; the difference between me playing as Kirby and me playing as someone else in 64 was very substantial....

...of course Fox was second in 64, and he's been at the top of my "playlist" in both sequels. I'd say Fox is probably the steadiest of high-tier characters from 64 to brawl.

Tipzntrix

Smash Apprentice
I mained Luigi in SSB, then I mained Luigi for a bit in SSBM, but swithced to Falco. With Falco's lack of a sex kick in Brawl, I moved to Pokemon Trainer and then Pit, so I did not keep the same mains from the original at all. I still like Luigi though.

ChiiGamer

Smash Rookie
I was pretty much a Fox only player in ssb64 and melee. However, Fox can get old really REALLY fast. I felt I needed a change or risk being bored out of my mind. Plus, I totally sucked with Fox in Brawl. So, I randomly tried DeDeDe and... I thought "hey I could get into this!" And here I am now.

Fox was a good player to me in 64 and melee and if I ever play either again on a random occasion, you can bet I'll be Fox faster than you can say "Land Master."

Uncle_Donkey

Smash Rookie
Donkey Kong Country was my very first video game, so I mained DK in SSB. In SSBM I mained DK at first but branched out and settled on Falco. In SSBB I mained Pit at first, but it became apparent to me that I really wasn't very good with Pit -- he was just an awesome character, so I went back to DK.

salaboB

Smash Champion
I've used Yoshi since the 64 version, where he was a close tie with Pika for my favorite. I haven't really liked using Pika since then (He's just not the same without the amazing vacuum grab) but I've stuck with Yoshi (At least as an alternate, if not my main), even if I really can't seem to figure out how to use him properly in Brawl.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Luigi/Fox.

I used DK sometimes in 64, alot in Melee and main him in Brawl.

Top Bottom