• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who think classic is hard in insane difficulty

spurtz

Smash Rookie
Is the final difficulty really that hard or is it just me. I use link, zelda and ganon - I have the most trouble in multi man brawl style battles. This is specially true with fast characters.

spurtz

Smash Rookie
I just thought that if I'm good enough it wouldn't be that hard.

Or rather if you find it easy, that means you are good at online player battles and that if you beat the game, you are hard to beat online

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was actually able to clear Classic Mode on Intense difficulty without continuing. Of course, I was playing with 5 lives.

I used Wolf, and didn't lose any lives until stage 8. Was down to my last life against Master Hand (no Crazy Hand fortunately), but managed to survive.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
All-Star mode on intense is harder, but to be honest, MK makes all the 1 player modes easier.
Seriously.

I managed to clear both Clasic and All-Star on Intense without continues with Snake, but still, MK makes everything easier LOL.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
First two or so matches are fairly easy, afterwards it gets practically impossible.

Agreement with Eternal Yoshi.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I agree, I can't seem to finish Classic mode on intense with 5 stocks.I fail in general against CPU's. Level 1's have so much mindgames. :urg:

bleyva

Smash Ace
beating classic on intense is really a luck-of-the-draw type game.

some rounds, youll consecutively breeze through certain matchups with ease. other times, you just get nailed by certain giant/metal fights (olimar -_-) where its almost impossible to escape without losing one or even two stocks per fight.

the kirby universe round is generally the make-or-break imo. if you can get by with only one stock lost, consider yourself lucky (team ddd? giant MK? **** THAT)

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Kirby characters are so ridiculously cheap in Classic, and Giants are just evil....

And Scabe is absolutely correct in his statement.

Link_Player123

Smash Rookie
It Depends

yea Insane is pretty hard well IMO but I don't play as much anymore, I usually play singles with friends and stuff or train on lvl 9's... well anyways you use Link, Zelda and Ganon 3 lowest tiers and yea I know tiers are mostly for tournaments and playing real players but they do take effect in the single player too... because well those charecters suck, (and yea I know I main Link I admit he sucks)

Again I have never beaten Insane with any charecter yet (I main in link and he sucks... and I can't play many other charecters well) so yea I think it's pretty hard... IMO

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
beating classic on intense is really a luck-of-the-draw type game.

some rounds, youll consecutively breeze through certain matchups with ease. other times, you just get nailed by certain giant/metal fights (olimar -_-) where its almost impossible to escape without losing one or even two stocks per fight.

the kirby universe round is generally the make-or-break imo. if you can get by with only one stock lost, consider yourself lucky (team ddd? giant MK? **** THAT)
Which is why Intense Mode is pretty much not hard because you play it just like any other difficulty, but it gives unfair advantages to the CPU like lowering the player's kill power while at the same time increasing the CPU's weight and kill power. Beating Intense isn't really an accomplishment.

Boss Mode on Intense is pretty legit however.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
-it's kinda hard if your tryingto keep all your stocks (assuming 3) but if your just trying to beat it then not at all ^^.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
I dont even try to attempt classic on intense because I know that all my stocks would be gone fighting Team*insert character here*

aliens555

Smash Rookie
Not taking continue(s) into consideration, Classic is much harder than Boss Battles on Intense, but still considerably easier than All-Star.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Giant Snake is bull****.

Honestly though, outside of giant Snake/Kirby characters, the only actual challenge of Intense is clearing it fast enough to fight both Crazy and Master Hand, which requires a lot of luck in the first 3-4 matches.

xbrawlmasterx

Smash Cadet
is The Final Difficulty Really That Hard Or Is It Just Me. I Use Link, Zelda And Ganon - I Have The Most Trouble In Multi Man Brawl Style Battles. This Is Specially True With Fast Characters.
Dont U Mean Intense Difficulty

UberMario

Smash Master
For me it wasn't that hard, but going against Giant Kirby/Meta-Knight is virtually a OHKO at Halberd since the first thing they usually do is drop and nair, so I usually have to reset if I'm trying to do a one-stock run if that happens.

The SSE is a nightmare on Intense in some of the levels though.

Sexy Mirage

Smash Rookie
Right, in melee I never could have done classic without using continue, I didn't thought it was hard... (not including all stars, I hate all stars >.<)

vampirepimp

Smash Rookie
classic on intense i didnt have problems with... but boss battles intense... ugh... never again

aroperdope

Smash Cadet
Which is why Intense Mode is pretty much not hard because you play it just like any other difficulty, but it gives unfair advantages to the CPU like lowering the player's kill power while at the same time increasing the CPU's weight and kill power. Beating Intense isn't really an accomplishment.

Boss Mode on Intense is pretty legit however.
I would give you or anyone mad props if you beat it.

my younger brother would get his butt spanked by any of you guys 1 on 1, but boss battles on intense: he's pretty good¡!

now as for what killer Jaws said about the subject; you're a big boss, or the samus queen(king)!¡ so i guess it would be easy for ya, but not if i pick sammy. if you were to youtube that i would be so envious

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Agreed to Giants ****.

I can do very well on Very Hard, but I'll give Intense a try. Let you know what I thought.

Jewels

Smash Rookie
I've managed to reach Master Hand three times with only one stock without continuing, but he's faster than what I'm usually accustomed to and his 360 HP doesn't help. I got him down to 17 HP before he flicked me off the stage, but thankfully the notice allows for continues.

Giants are the worst for me, as a single opening can mean your death.

I found Boss Battles Intense easier.

All-Star Intense without continues I will never be able to complete.

Rekros

Smash Cadet
Yeah classic on intense is pretty hard, however Boss Battle on intense was pretty easy with Captain Falcon.

D

Deleted member

i can easily beat cpus in 1v1 on intense, but the team battles are always a challenge. my teammate never helps me and gets ko'ed in less than a minute.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
i can easily beat cpus in 1v1 on intense, but the team battles are always a challenge. my teammate never helps me and gets ko'ed in less than a minute.
That tends to be what happens on the higher difficulties (happened in Melee too). Just stick with him as best as you can.

Also, beating intense can come down to luck sometime, namely the giant characters. They'll kill you at 66% sometimes. But, then they walk off or something.

Top Bottom