• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who thinks there should have been a bit more assist trophies?

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
22 trophies in all ( I think ) but couldnt there have been more?
personally, I think there should be at least more than 30. since I like randomness in smashbros (except tripping). and there were even some that should have been unlockable instead of assist trophied. like shadow the hedgehog and possibly waluigi

one example would be
bonkers (from kirby) throwing coconuts and hitting people with a hammer.
however, the only other assist trophies I can think of now are kirby enimies. so if you can think of anyone. I suggest you post

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
again all I can think of is kirby enimies. metaknights army seems like a good one. but they can be damaged.

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
lol! the angry sun would have been good. I can picture everyone jumping out of the way xD

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
maybe a homing bullet bill? a bullte bill homes on the closest enemy and it explodes. however if it touches you instead. your gonna die. but it wont home at you.

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
the best one so far is the angry sun.

btw, do you think daisy could be one, attacking enimies leaving flowers on their heads and offering a lips stick after she goes? she needs somthing more..

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Angry sun.
Meta Knights army.
Maybe even some Kirby enimies(waddle doo, hot-head, sparky, biospark, etc)
Some Sega characters maybe.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
My friend told me once that touching the sun gives a 1-up...and I believed him...

I do not think there should be more assist trophies, because I do not really care.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
i play without items....
Good for you; that's not what he asked...

Anyways, I was expecting every major franchise to get at least one Assist Trophy. Here are some of my thoughts:

Replace the Hammer Bros with Fawful.

Add an animal crate that spawns one of four animal buddies from the DKC games. (Rambi, Squitter, Rattly, and Squawks would be my choices)

Add Poppy Brother Sr.

Add Lip.

Add Takamaru.

Replace Shadow with Tails.

Add a Snitchbug from one of the Pikmin games.

Add random falling Tetris blocks.

That's all I can think of for right now.

dark_tp_link

Smash Cadet
I thought there should just be a little more ATs.
But I would of liked Midna as an AT. I think there should be like 2 or 3 Zelda ATs.

SKAwesome

Smash Rookie
I agree, it could have used a few more AT's.

I'd like a PacMan AT.

Like, the Ghosts come out, and start hitting you, and then PacMan comes around gets a Power Pellet, and you turn blue, and he's allowed to eat you.

Gwonam_guy

Smash Rookie
the best one so far is the angry sun.

btw, do you think daisy could be one, attacking enimies leaving flowers on their heads and offering a lips stick after she goes? she needs somthing more..
meh, daisy would be good, but i'd like her to do more than flowers. Perhaps throwing rocks at them which break to reveal items would be cool. or something

personally, there could have been more, then again, there could've been less. i suppose it's the all "who to put in and what to do" issue. There isn't really much point jamming in tons of assists because there could've been potential issues about playable characters being made from assists.

However, some assists i consider totally useless. and others not as much, it all depends on how you play and how you use them.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think a few more could've been used, though seeing Waluigi as an assist trophy did not make me happy.

Raphael Raven could create shock waves that damage your foes.

Starman (EarthBound) could attacks with its PSI powers.

The Swooping Snitchbug could grab one of your foes and carry them away. Sort of like a 1-hit KO deal.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
I bring this up every time assist trophies are discussed:

Why the eff aren't the Elite Beat Agents an assist trophy? The item was practically MADE for them!

Gwonam_guy

Smash Rookie
I bring this up every time assist trophies are discussed:

Why the eff aren't the Elite Beat Agents an assist trophy? The item was practically MADE for them!
that'd be epic

although to be honest, i can't really think up what they could possibly do

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
Although I dislike playing with items, I would've liked it if the Black Knight or Midna+Wolf Link would've been one.

fortunArcanum

Smash Cadet
She should be unleashed upon the battlefield shouting, "HI I'M DAISY!" over and over and over again until your opponents SD just so the match will end and she will shut up.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
There should have been like 50 assist trophies, TBH.

So many missed opportunities...

Where is a GOOD Sonic AT? Shadow disgusts me.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
that'd be epic

although to be honest, i can't really think up what they could possibly do
easy: they dance, and as long as they're out, the summoner gets a boost to damage and knockback, and maybe speed or something

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
Although I dislike playing with items, I would've liked it if the Black Knight or Midna+Wolf Link would've been one.
I would have loved for Midna to have been a playable character but an assist trophy would have been cool. Black Knight would have been awesome. As playable or trophy. I would have liked more LoZ trophies honestly.

smallmalf

Smash Journeyman
why are so many assist trophies from games i haven't heard of, like the guitar girl, whoever the hell she is?

Link Hero Of Winds

Smash Rookie
I was expecting somewhere in the neighborhood of 60-80 of them. There were 29 Pokeball Pokemon in Melee, and that is JUST from the Pokemon series. I would expect that in all the History of Nintendo they could pull out more than that, MUCH more than that.

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
For players who like them I agree why not add more, but personally I don't really care either way.

Martham112

Smash Cadet
For assist trophies I would have had:
Tetris Blocks - They rain from the sky making a line on the stage floor, they disappear and the ones left are throwable items.
Baby Bulborb - The smaller bulborbs from Pikmin would run about biting things.
Brock - Sends out Geodude or Onix which then either throws rocks about or flings it's head about, respectively.
Count Bleck - I'm not sure what he would do, but he would be awesome.
Octorok - Sits there, occasionally shooting rocks.
Mach Rider - He would appear and ride around on his motobike, occasionally shooting.
Balloon Fighter - Gives everyone balloons which gives them Kirby-like jumps. The balloons could be popped by any attack.
Bubbles - The main character from Clu Clu Land would make pegs around the stage the the characters could swing from.

That's my list. When I say Brock, I would accept any Gym Leader and their Pokémon.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well I guess a little more Assist trophies wouldn't hurt, but it makes no difference to me since I usually win my battle without them but more cameos would be cool though

ShengNu

Smash Apprentice
yeah i think they shoulda added more and better ones... wtf is that stupid star -_- it just sits there and u can hit it away.. gay... the good assists dont come very often :/

Top Bottom