• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who was hoping for Psi Rockin' as a final smash?

Demon_Parasite

Smash Cadet
I think Psi Rockin' would have been so much cooler. Curse you Sakurai and your lack of ability to make characters canonically corret.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
What's PK Rockin'? I never played Earthbound. Is it Ness' strongest attack or something?

Uffe

Smash Hero
Seriously. Just because PSI Starstorm may be stronger, at least PSI Rockin' can accurately hit! :mad: I think maybe they got lazy on that and decided to give Ness and Lucas the same FS. Ness gets PSI Rockin' and Lucas gets PK Love. Oh gosh, I bet PSI Rockin' would look so cool! At least they gave him PSI Flash. So all was not lost.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Seriously. Just because PSI Starstorm may be stronger, at least PSI Rockin' can accurately hit! :mad: I think maybe they got lazy on that and decided to give Ness and Lucas the same FS. Ness gets PSI Rockin' and Lucas gets PK Love. Oh gosh, I bet PSI Rockin' would look so cool! At least they gave him PSI Flash. So all was not lost.
What? I thought PSI Rockin' Omega was stronger than the level 2 PSI Starstorm.

I do wish they did do Rockin' as Ness' Final Smash. But I also wouldn't have mind if it also took a form as his sideB. I'd also like it if Ness' PSI Rockin was multicolored in Brawl, that would be more canonically correct if it was.

Uffe

Smash Hero
What? I thought PSI Rockin' Omega was stronger than the level 2 PSI Starstorm.
Well I don't remember, but if you say that it is because you have a better memory, then you're most likely correct.

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
I can't really think of how it would look if it was omega, but beta definetly.
He'd jmp into the air, then swing his righ then left arm to make the streaks shoot diagoally catching the opponents, then two multicolored diamonds would make an infinite mark around his body to draw the opponents in towards him, then lets off a giant explosion of psi bolts.
as the diamonds make the infinity around him, they would give the Kowdeeah sound effect they make in the game.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Yeah, but that's in the same boat as Link. In all games you could name him, but his default name was Link so it stuck in Smash.

Uffe

Smash Hero
wasn't it possible to give PSI Rockin a different name when you start a new game?
Ness could have easily been named the following:

Alec
Roger
Will
Brian
Tyler
Lane

His PSI could have been called the following:

Hammer
Love (see Mother 3 omg!)
Gifts
Slime
Gaming
Boxing

My personal favorite would be PSI Hammer. Gosh that sounds like it'd hurt!

Meccs

@Meccs_
On Mother 1 + 2 I accidentally mixed up "favorite food" and "favorite thing" so for the entire game my favorite food was Rockin and my move was PK Steak...

Top Bottom