• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Netherfall

Smash Cadet
NNID
bambamboombop
3DS FC
1822-1445-5706
Played someone known as Vidiot. You were awesome with your projectile game with Megaman. It made it difficult to approach at all. We went back and forth a few times but I never really felt like I was in control. It was more I could clutch some games but just lose horribly otherwise. Fun stuff. Your Black Pit/LM/Peach weren't bad either.

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Played my first competent :4olimar: on Wii U today. I basically got completely decimated by it. I managed to beat the other characters :4dk: and :4megaman:, but whenever Olimar came out I pretty much didn't stand a chance. Unfortunately I was far too salty to save replays and I can't remember the name other than that I think he has "Icy" in his tag.

If you're here, I was "Relaxed" that used :4shulk: most of the time, as well as :4pit: and :4charizard:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Fun FG games Raekwon, they got down to the wire. You're the only good Olimar and Pit I've played thus far, and easily one of the better players I've gotten the honor of sparring with.

Rambolav

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rambolav
3DS FC
4210-4112-3193
Played a finn called Zergreth if I remember his name correctly. Your Marth was solid, but your R.O.B was the better pick against my Diddy. You certainly have more control over more characters than I do, showed me that my only strength is, well, the only character I play :p

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Mo, from Finland (?), on 3DS, who play a good, but REALLY irritating Lucina.

Granted, I rushed too much and played badly. But dammit, you almost made me hate Lucina.

Last edited:

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Just wanna say GGs to AbsolAddict. [Wii U]
We played a few Marth/Lucina matches and went on to other characters. Tons of fun, thanks mang.

link2702

Smash Champion
if y'all ever run into(or ever have run into) a blue mii named keeta its likely mine....

surprised no one has found me here yet :<

I 90% of the time, use c.falcon. Occasionally I use link, jigglypuff, dark pit or pit, mario, little mac, very rarely sonic, or some other character, but c.falcon, link mario and pit are usually my main go to characters, especially falcon.

Jacqrabbit

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3368-1793-0037
Some very nice matches with Sinji, who played Pac. Thanks for giving me a chance to learn the Pac v Peach match-up, and for REALLY giving me a challenge :3 I wouldn't have left so soon, but I really had to take a break; I had been online for much too long by that point.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
[Wii U] Good games to Emeth, who is apparently the leader of the Franco-Belgian Dash Team of gamers, and current national Mario Kart champion of Belgium. Was definitely feeling the extra experience you had over me - if I could keep up with you, I must be improving! (or is that just the effect of the Wii U on my Marth play?)

mask1n

Smash Cadet
NNID
mask1n
3DS FC
0318-7208-5996
[3DS] samir from Texas, those Peach dittos just before were really fun! Would love to play against you again sometime.

Einyuri

Smash Cadet
A little late on this one, but I played a Pikachu that was pretty good on For Glory last night around 11 PM. Was fun, gg's. Helped me learn the pikachu match-up a bit for Zelda. Can't remember the name for the life of me. But I was the Zelda that played around.. probably 20 straight games with you.

Last edited:

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
"Shout out to William who played 20 Samus (him) vs Jigglypuff (me) matches before taking a single game off me. He was a great sport, crouching and taunting at all the right spots to communicate. He got better and better each match, and he really learned what tools worked against my aerial assault. When he finally took a game, I got bodied pretty good. William, you're the definition of hitting the lab, doing the work, and becoming a better player. GGs."

I probably just played against the same William, but I head quite a tough time against him. If he will ever look up here, my name was/is "Torben". :)

FimPhym

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0920-2129-8093
Were you using the red/white Peach palette? because I think I might have seen you on Spectator mode fighting against Charizard (user went by the name of Fim), but wow you flat out destroyed that guy's Charizard single handily.
I was just playing a bowser jr. named FIM I think for a solid 45 mins, very engaging matches helped me get a grasp on how to fight him. I was that King Dedede
wow I did not expect to have any mentions in they thread.

Hi chomp sauce, late reply and I don't use jr anymore but I for sure grinded it out close to release. I recall a long set with a dedede I think, fun times.

Hi violetsmashfan and momentai. I tried to learn charizard recently and definitely recall getting stomped on by a peach. not long before I gave up and ran back to dedede. I don't think I've ever seen a bad player pick peach! I am awfully embarrassed that my being blown up was immortalised, that's great though! I promise I'm a little better with dedede than charizard.

As for why I came here, just wanted to say I fought 'icefall' today. He had the first legit sonic I've seen on for glory, and I learned a lot about how to play the match. I was the default dedede. Maybe if I'm lucky we can swap friend codes, I'd love more training.

LabrysXII

Smash Cadet
NNID
LabrysXII
3DS FC
2020-0802-1886
Torin...you are literally the best :4littlemac:I've fought online so far. Your :4pacman: is no slouch either. It shows that I may have a lot to learn before I become good with :4fox:. Plus my :4darkpit: is kinda trash, I have to admit. lol

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
[Wii U] Just had my arse handed to me by Mav from Pennsylvania, who played a lean mean green Falcon for a few, then switched to Lucina before leaving. Good games. I was the black Marth who started with black Falcon. I wonder if it was the same @ M@v M@v from on here?

Don't mess with Ness

Smash Rookie
I'm a little bit disappointed none has looked for me in this thread, i mean, i'm not such a pro but i had some GREAT times playing with a few people on 3DS ForGlory. I primarily main :4ness: but i sometimes mess around with others characters (which i can't handle well) just for fun. My 3DS tag is "TurdMan" lol.
I don't have a great memory but i can remember some great matches vs a guy using :4robinm: called Chef.. something.. (i hate so much you can insert a long nickname when it shows only a part of it)

Does someone remember me?

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
[3DS] Kayly from Florida with the :4lucina::4jigglypuff::4zss::4pikachu::rosalina:, those were some the most fun matches I've had in a while. I think I only managed to win with surprise risky maneuvers and some unfortunate SD's on your end, but even then matches were very close and tense. I would love to play you again.

I was "Relaxed" with :4falcon:(for conquest) :4shulk::4pit::4samus: and :4zelda: for the waving goodbye taunt.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
@ G Gabukin

Sup dude, finally found someone good, kinda went lol damn im shulk, gonna lose, so i went kirby, GGS bro!

Finally found someone on this site, thought i'd say hi first xD

Last edited:

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
@ G Gabukin

Sup dude, finally found someone good, kinda went lol damn im shulk, gonna lose, so i went kirby, GGS bro!

Finally found someone on this site, thought i'd say hi first xD
That was you? You were by far the best Kirby player I've ever fought. One of the best players I've fought in For Glory.
I must admit it was incredibly demoralizing losing to you. I don't know if you noticed my "DEMORALIZD" Tag.
IDK why though but it really affected me. I'd be lying if I didn't say they were good games, cause they were great games. I'm just easily demoralized.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
That was you? You were by far the best Kirby player I've ever fought. One of the best players I've fought in For Glory.
I must admit it was incredibly demoralizing losing to you. I don't know if you noticed my "DEMORALIZD" Tag.
IDK why though but it really affected me. I'd be lying if I didn't say they were good games, cause they were great games. I'm just easily demoralized.
Yep, I recognized you immediately which is why i posted xD (yes i noticed)

Dont let it effect you, you're one of the best robins i've ever fought, and respectful, so you're cool in my book, plus i kinda know robin a tad, you just showed me some new stuff, again GGS!

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Just curious have any of you ran into a Joshua playing Zelda? What did you think?

M@v

Subarashii!
[Wii U] Just had my arse handed to me by Mav from Pennsylvania, who played a lean mean green Falcon for a few, then switched to Lucina before leaving. Good games. I was the black Marth who started with black Falcon. I wonder if it was the same @ M@v M@v from on here?
You would be correct! Ggs ^_^

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
wow I did not expect to have any mentions in they thread.

Hi chomp sauce, late reply and I don't use jr anymore but I for sure grinded it out close to release. I recall a long set with a dedede I think, fun times.

Hi violetsmashfan and momentai. I tried to learn charizard recently and definitely recall getting stomped on by a peach. not long before I gave up and ran back to dedede. I don't think I've ever seen a bad player pick peach! I am awfully embarrassed that my being blown up was immortalised, that's great though! I promise I'm a little better with dedede than charizard.

As for why I came here, just wanted to say I fought 'icefall' today. He had the first legit sonic I've seen on for glory, and I learned a lot about how to play the match. I was the default dedede. Maybe if I'm lucky we can swap friend codes, I'd love more training.
Hey Fim you wanna do a couple matches with me? I'm bored and got nothing else to do right now (currently at my local library online right now).

Merkabo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Merkabo
3DS FC
2895-8009-7813
There was this dedede who stomped me over and over again no matter who I played. I was that ****ty Ganon, if you're here.

Artling

Smash Rookie
Shout out to William who played 20 Samus (him) vs Jigglypuff (me) matches before taking a single game off me. He was a great sport, crouching and taunting at all the right spots to communicate. He got better and better each match, and he really learned what tools worked against my aerial assault. When he finally took a game, I got bodied pretty good. William, you're the definition of hitting the lab, doing the work, and becoming a better player. GGs.

Hey there Freezie KO! William here. Didn't think I'd ever get the chance to talk with you after our matches. Only just found out about this player search thread. So I figured I'd make an account on here after seeing your post.

It was a lot of fun playing against you! Really made me have to think about how I'm playing. I wished you could have seen my expression each time your rolled -> rest punished me each time. It was a face only a mother could love.

I probably just played against the same William, but I head quite a tough time against him. If he will ever look up here, my name was/is "Torben". :)
Not sure. I think "Torben" sounds familiar, but I definitely need to probably pay more attention to people's name when I play online haha.

D.M.W.N.

Smash Rookie
MATT, we just played for like 40 minutes.
I was damn "TurdMan" and i used Ness :4ness:
you used Diddy :4diddy: and Marth :4marth:

Mind exchanging friend number for some more of these funny battles?

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Played a few matches with a Kirby/Jiggly/Falcon player named Cakan. Great games, I had a lot of fun!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Ggs pyro. I just just 1-on-1'ed with you. You got some really good defense. Keep up the work on your offensive game and youll be a monster.

I tried to add you on my wiiu but your mot showing up on my recently played list add me if you want: gambit.7

Last edited:

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Shoutouts to Demi. I was [SB]Mike. Even though you struggled against my :4duckhunt: &:4lemmy:, you kept at it. You learned what you were doing wrong, and you adapted to my playstyle, and you finally took home a win. You also didn't leave after that win; You stayed for more. Although you only won once, I could feel you getting progressively better in our matches. A lot of people in FG should learn from you. GGs.

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
Hey there Freezie KO! William here. Didn't think I'd ever get the chance to talk with you after our matches. Only just found out about this player search thread. So I figured I'd make an account on here after seeing your post.

It was a lot of fun playing against you! Really made me have to think about how I'm playing. I wished you could have seen my expression each time your rolled -> rest punished me each time. It was a face only a mother could love.
Hey! Great playing with you. Once you started using the up-tilt axe kick to stop my diagonal approaches, I knew my days were numbered. You also made really nice use of Samus's meteor dair. I could really sense you using all of Samus's tools to counter me, and I was struggling to squeak games out at the end!

I definitely stole a few games with that roll -> rest. That wasn't just your character though. With some good spacing, Jiggs can get in on anyone and land right on top of them with a roll. And because rolls are hard to punish in this game, if the spacing is off, Jiggs can just immediately retreat from danger with more rolls.

The one thing I'd recommend is that you use some more zairs with Samus to help space out your aerial game. That can make it harder for characters (and especially Jiggs) to approach when you're both in the air. GGs for sure.

LabrysXII

Smash Cadet
NNID
LabrysXII
3DS FC
2020-0802-1886
I remember fighting against a really good player in For Glory, known as Clint. He has a really good Megaman, plus he's pretty proficient with Sonic and PacMan. Those were some fun matches, plus it shows what I needed to know about certain matchups when I play as Fox (like Sonic and PacMan). I also noticed that I'm pretty horrible when it comes to DI as well, that's something that needs to be fixed.

Last edited:

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
[3DS] Just played against a Ness/Kirby/Pikachu from New Jersey called Shania' - if you see this, I was the Peach/Puff/R.O.B. that was mostly losing to you. :p Need to mix up my approaches a bit; you caught onto them pretty quickly! ggs
I feel bad for not remembering who you are. What do you go as, as that may ring a bell to me.

Top Bottom