• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
Hmm. I don't do for fun very often either. But I tend to stick to Kirby everywhere.

On that note, has anybody from here run into me? I know I ran into Wiisnake once...

Sorry if I left you disappointed! I'm not the greatest, but I love doing rematches and learning, more so than winning in for glory.

Last edited:

KingBroseidon

Smash Rookie
NNID
BeefHammer69
3DS FC
2879-0137-4639
Just went a few rounds against a Ganondorf player named Jason. He beat my Falcon, Mario, and Sheik, but they were all pretty close games. I only beat him once in a Ganondorf ditto due to a stage spike :laugh:

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Great games to a player named "D.B."
Sorry to leave on a win like that, but significant other was wanting time. ^^' You have a great ZSS, and you juggle with her very well. Nice Falcon as well. Even shield art Shulk fears the knee.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I completely wrecked a Link who tried to spend the first minute spamming arrows and boomerangs. Rosalina's Gravitational Pull made that useless. Still, respect to Sam who changed tactics and went out fighting the honorable way.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Man who was :4jigglypuff: Brad, that Jiggs mirror was hilarious

EDIT: The other matches were cool too. Can't pull that Shadow Sneak on me more than once haha

Last edited:

Sir_Waffle33

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirWaffle33
3DS FC
3437-3212-3786
Shoutouts to a Sensei from Pennsylvania. Those matches were a blast. Your Sheik and Zelda are pretty awesome.

Sir_Waffle33

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirWaffle33
3DS FC
3437-3212-3786
You can tap on their name on the results screen and their full name and location are listed.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Played a purple Link named "F J", and his projectile game was really good. I hadn't seen Link used like that before, and was definitely interesting. Seemed like there were things flying at me constantly.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Since there is no way to voice chat or text, to the player named Vict (or something), who played the Shulk and Lucina against my Ganon - I was attempting to show you how over-relying on your counter is a bad idea. There are far, far better players than me who will punish that tactic far worse than repeatedly dropping Ganon's side-B, d-tilt. I wasn't trying to be a tool, and you seemed to be a good sport through the matches, so if you read this, hopefully that explains that.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I just had a really good, long set with a RosaLuma named "skits", who just so happens to be from the same state as me (Virginia). Skits, if you see this, I was the Shulk player you kept thrashing at 3AM. gg's though xD

[PM] C4

Smash Rookie
My tag was Robert for a while playing only Donkey Kong, but now I just changed it to C4 and I play donkey kong and falcon too. Maybe sometimes fox. Look out for me!

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Just now, I played a person by the name of 'Puck' for a solid 40-45 minutes. I went by name here, 'Naeroon'. We first played our mains, but then played a whole slew of characters, never keeping the same one for more than a single game. You were by far the most enjoyable person I've played yet online and are exactly the reason why I love to play this game and to play online. Please, if you're out there and read this, message me or something :)
Just played against this guy myself. Eventually we player enough matches that he started choosing the same character multiple times, but it was still a great variety. He used Marth, Sheik, Mario, Link, Little Mac, Ike, and Fox. He also used Captain Falcon, Lucina, Bowser, Shulk, Ganondorf, Pit, Mega Man, Charizard, Falco, Villager, and Kirby once apiece. I would have loved to played his Falcon and Bowser more than once, they were fantastic and had great spacing. I went by Atoyont and used R.O.B., Villager, Ganomdorf, Ludwig, Samus, Game & Watch, Ness, Bowser, and Jigglypuff. I won most of the matches but I really enjoyed them. Puck, if you're out there, GGs and I'd love to play you again!

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Played a Mattheo who played a Sonic and Shulk, mainly. Good games, and we both rotated through quite a bit of the roster before I settled on Mac and he tried his hand with what seemed to be his two mains. I didn't bring out the Dorf, mostly because I felt that his game with Sonic was a little tough to punish effectively. I don't get to play against either of those two that much, so it was a pleasure.

Tujex

Smash Ace
If anyone plays a Gold/Pink DK named Tujex, that's me. I also run Old Ganon and White Knight Ike sometimes

Abhi-wan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Abhi-wan
3DS FC
2852-7698-3155
Has anyone played me yet? My tag is Abhi and I mostly use ZSS. Seems like I can't find any of you guys.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Shoutout to JB who used Greninja, Lucina and Dark Pit against my Lucario. That was a fun 5-6 matches. You almost won with the last one with Dark Pit, me down one stock at almost 100% and you up one stock got pretty intense. And with my desperate attempt to knock you out where I flew off the stage and almost got KO'd but you got KO'd first.. that was epic. GGs dude/dudette.

kaazers

Smash Master
My sis doesn't have a SB account and she won't stop bugging me about it so I'm handling this shout-out for her, lol. This apparently happened about 2 hours ago.

To:

David from California
Sheik/ Red Marth/ Neutral Mario

"I was the scrubby lavender Shulk who never switched. Good games and thanks for staying with me for all those games. You taught me quite a few things and I'll make sure to keep them in mind for my future fights. Also, had a blast in general.

Hope I one day run into you again in For Glory (hopefully most of my scrubbiness will have faded away by then).

PS. Thanks for playing it cool the few times lag got to us. I don't know what has become of manners since you were the only one who's done that."

Last edited:

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
Shoutouts to "J" who play a pretty good ZSS! We had good games, and facing a ZSS with Palutena is always great!

Rubyyoshi

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4854-6670-9169
Whoever/wherever you are, ToMoBoBo, you have a crazy Link going. Shout outs to you.
I use the name "Ruby" and main a yellow yoshi with a silver lucario and normal megaman secondary.

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
There was this guy named ?. He played a very good Toon Link against me. Even though it went down to sudden death (And I won both times) he is still a good player. Whoever he may be.

Last edited:

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Played some exceptional Captain Falcon ditto matches against a user named lolguy.

Man, do I wish I could get some more matches in with that person. Started every match with "Show me ya moves!" and then started doing, well, Falcon things. The guy even sacred combo'd me once, not to mention chasing me off stage at another time and giving me the ol' Knee of Justice at the bottom.

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Played some nice games just now against a guy named Halo (but with that striked out 'o' symbol). I can't believe I came back on your GnW after you 9'd me my first stock so early haha Some solid matches even when I got the 2 stock. I'd love to run a few more one time

Matsushi

True Blood
Good games to Draaaaven! Dat Yoshi was indeed combo-crazy. I was that Robin/Marth/ZSS named Defalt. :D

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
Good games to Draaaaven! Dat Yoshi was indeed combo-crazy. I was that Robin/Marth/ZSS named Defalt. :D
Wow, Great! I was hoping to find you here, i was like Man, this person is a god damn god, good connection and fantastic spacing, thanks for the games, i'd love some more in the future! I have a lot to learn from you!

Last edited:

vypex

Smash Cadet
Just got finished a good set with a player named yoshiro.. had dots in the end name was too long so don't know what the rest of his name was, His wii fit trainer is best i've seen so far, beat my shieik the first match, i won the second, third shiek/wii fit match i managed to win without losing a life, despite our close matches with shiek/wii fit trainer, yoshiro couldn't figure out my little mac, figure he must just be a bad match up for the trainer, as my life was always low before i finished the match, his shiek was pretty good aswell, close fights with his shiek and mine

Nym

Smash Rookie
NNID
rayneism
3DS FC
5172-2222-3890
To the guy who exchanged Peach and Marth matches back and forth with me,

I had lots of fun! Sorry I had to leave so soon. I have a paper I need to finish bs'ing HAHAHA
I can't believe I already forgot your tag and we played each other only two minutes ago. #trash

Anyways, hopefully we meet again!

Twewy

Smash Lord
Dear Brandon,

You're pretty good at Shulk and Zelda. I am, however, deeply (not) sorry for that suiciDeDeDe I pulled on your Zelda.

Please Forgive Me,
Eric

Sir_Waffle33

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirWaffle33
3DS FC
3437-3212-3786
Amazing Ggs to RRH3 from Georgia. I've learned a lot from that hour or so of matches. You showed me I shouldn't act like such a tryhard at times (like when I senselessly try to get the kill off stage with my Mario and Dorf only to SD.) I don't play as Sonic. I just gave him a try (It didn't work out.)

Mostly I was working on Fox's jab cancelling. I swore I couldn't pull it off, but now it's coming along naturally.. So that's why I was using jab a lot.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I just played a guy named jimbo who had a fantastic Green Waddle Dee sash Dedede. I mainly used Ludwig, although I switched to ROB near the end. I didn't beat his Dedede even once; he was great with his aerial spacing and used his multiple jumps to fake me out. I'd love to play you again.

I also sparred against a pink and blue Mario named Se from Hawaii. Pretty good with his spacing and using fireballs in general, the biggest problem I saw was an over-reliance on rolling to put yourself in an advantageous position. I lost the first few rounds, but after a while a caught on to your strategies. You still ended up beating me a few times afterward, though. I used Ludwig, G&W, Ganondorf, Villager, and ROB.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I don't even know why I'm still up. Gotta get up in like 2 hours.

But to Skylo (I think?), I had fun. I usually stay out of for glory smash, but you made my morning fun. Us being the only two people in the lobby at first, instant screwing around and we raced to see who could SD at the end of the match. Partnered up for the last 10+ rounds against whoever joined the lobby. Twas fun.

tmonty17

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3540-0649-1581
I played a Mega Man named Monty earlier, he was pretty solid I thought, though I couldn't find him on the subforum.
Monty here! Who were you playing as and was your 3ds name the same as it is on here? I'm new to smash boards but I've been wanting to find some people to spar with since For Glory can be a mixed bag of good matches, frustrating campers, lag, and flat out bads.

Top Bottom