• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who was the hardest character for you to master?

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
If you hardly play him then you haven't mastered him
:)

The hardest time I had mastering a character was a tie between Lucario and Rob

Fayt_0774_4133_6454

Smash Rookie
exactly my point.

i used to main young link in brawl cuz i thought marth and roy were ******** clones that didnt do much besides swing their swords around. but i tried them out and finally mained marth in both melee and brawl.

and in case anyone didnt realize, melee characters are lighter than brawl characters. ya thats right. i said lighter. What? u wanna fight about it?!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Bowser was hard to Master in Melee (and somewhat Brawl).
But after seeing Gimpyfish play, I don't think I ever mastered him.

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf. But I can't say I've mastered him. All i know that it's been one hell of a hard time learning to use him against top tier characters, or characters with spammy projectiles *Glares at Lucas and Falco*.

Queen Zelda

Smash Cadet
I had a difficult time learning how to use Lucas. I've gotten better but I can't say I'm a Lucas master yet.

FiDeL

Smash Rookie
GANONDORF!!! He was my character in melee and I can't do anything with him in Brawl...I'm very sad that ganondorf is a **** in Brawl!!!(But It's my opinion). :)

Veggi

Smash Champion
I'm not sure what people would consider mastered, but I had a hard time learning Mario. I remember I used to always hold down when I used FLUDD, so I was thinking "I can't get this to work!"

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I find it hard to play as Link because of his nerfs. I haven't mastered him and I don't plan to, but he is one of the characters that I have trouble playing as.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well at one point before Melee, it was Samus since I had trouble with her tilts as well as her charge shots, ironically though i've never had it tough with Bowser

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Well, I'm only gonna count those character I'd say I've sufficiently "mastered," which is probably about 5 of them.

The hardest? Probably the Ice Climbers. I played them decently in Melee, but when I picked them up again in Brawl, they felt VERY VERY VERY different from Melee. It was in a good way, for sure, but it took me quite a while to get used to the changes.

Meta Knight was pretty normal, as was Toon Link.

And after two other Smash games with him, I'm solid enough with my Ness.

Lucario's the definite runner-up. Making the most of his "damage = power" deal took me some time.

kATAlyst

Smash Apprentice
if i can barely use a character after 2 hours, i stop trying to learn it, so id have to say snake. so many broken tactics to learn, snakedashing/mortar slide, and i still havent mastered it.

Harkness

Smash Apprentice
Ok, i've dropped Gannondorf in Brawl because in my hands he is absolute CRAP! < (pardon my language)
i'd say ness

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
I'm far from mastering any character in Brawl, but out of the ones I play, Lucario's the hardest for me to "master". He's slower than the other characters I use, and has a different ranged feel. (Read as 'blaster and arrow spam don't translate well to Aura Sphere')

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
I haven't "mastered" anyone. But if you mean play really well as, I'd say Yoshi.

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
Really, It's impossible to "master" a charcter. You may know all there is to know up to that point, But that By no means makes you a master of a character. It's always possible to figure out new ways of doing things. BUT, if you're going by the criteria of knowingeach and every single move inside and out knowing exactly when to charge, when to smash when to dash, or when to jump, THEN no one. I've not mastered a single character

Luigi player

Smash Master
I don't think I've really mastered anyone... no one of the characters was really that hard to use... except Zelda, I can't do anything with her... probably because I only played her twice, lol.

Stroupes

Smash Lord
GANONDORF!!! He was my character in melee and I can't do anything with him in Brawl...I'm very sad that ganondorf is a **** in Brawl!!!(But It's my opinion). :)
I hope by "****," you mean the ****, because he was incredibly buffed in Brawl, and was nothing in Melee.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sheik/Zelda is by far the hardest character to master because of how much potential they have.

To master Sheik you will have to memorize percentages for every single character match up so you know what type of combo you should dish out at the time. That alone can be a good half dozen or more special percentages you have to remember to use Sheik to her even close to her fullest abilities and that's not even counting all the AT you need to learn as well.

Zelda might not be as complex as Sheik but she has depth to her as well.

Their combine potential is greater then any other characters even of those that are "top or high tier"

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
Sheik is hardest to master for me, and I'm still working on it. :( I can't seem to do a good Short Hop with her, as opposed to other characters. And since I'm a big aerial person, that takes a lot out of my gameplay. I'm improving though. And also, she has a lot of potential to pull out combos, but they're really hard to pull off successfully without some really good practice. :ohwell:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
"Master" is definately too strong of a word in this case. In order to "master" someone, you'd have to know the character inside and out and be able to win no matter the match up and I seriously doubt there are very many people like that on this forum. Anyways, the character I have had the hardest time learning is Sonic. I couldn't control his speed for the longest time and his lack of KO potential absolutely infuriated me. I still don't think he's that great of a character but now I think I can comfortably use him.

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
for me it's ness his weird double jump but ISJC is pretty easy do with him although some of his combos arent't like bair to dair, because you have to sourspott when you don't want to sweetspot. And it's hard to uair without double jumping by accident though i can take tap jump off it's just not comfortable with him.

Plus having to b-stick while with sheik and marth i c-stick. It is fun playing as him though, so it makes trying to get better with more easier IMO

SmashAura4

Smash Apprentice
I haven't "mastered" Lucario and Ganon yet, but they are easy for me to play. Although, I can't make any foreground with Link. That up special is a pain, and so are those advanced moves. But i'll get there though.

AgentAO

Smash Journeyman
Sonic. Honestly, he is hard to play as sometimes. I still make stupid mistakes, and mess up moves with him, and I've been playing as him since the day brawl came out. (He was the first character we tried to unlock, because Sonic is one of my favorite characters.)

Top Bottom