• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who was your first main?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
64: I started using Falcon and Pikachu, but started to spam them. I use Mario in SSB64
Melee: I didn't have a main for a while. I then chose Dr. Mario since he's a stronger Mario.
Brawl: I started to main as Sonic, but he got annoying after a while, so I main Ike and 2nd Fox.

Rekros

Smash Cadet
64 = Ness
Melee = Marth
Brawl = MK first character I used in a free-for-all on Pictochat and I won XD (Now Pit/R.O.B)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I do believe Samus was the reason i got hooked in Smash XD
In 2008, i used to be a DEEP Metroid Prime geek, and when my friend showed me Samus in Brawl, i just had to try her out.
Then i went onto Wolf for a bit, then Sonic.
But Sonic, Falcon, and Samus are my current 3.
Samus forever :samus2: <3

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
my first main was meta knight cause i didnt know the character and he looked kinda cool,
however, the second i found out he was so broken, i did not play with him in over a year

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice
I can't remember 64, I think I used everyone almost equally. In Melee, I used Mario and Link at first, but now I main Fox, but will gladly pick almost any other character. In Brawl, I first mained Ike, cuz I had played Path of Radiance (where he came from), and he was one of my favorite characters. Now, I use Snake when I'm serious, and everyone else when I wanna have fun. (Which is most of the time; I rarely get serious)

Deboog

Smash Cadet
Toon Link, though I was no good. Pretty much spamming Dair, Boomerang, and Up B.

Ic0slay3r

Smash Apprentice
N64: Fox.
Melee: Fox and Roy.
Brawl: Pit and immediately after I unlocked Toon Link I started to main him, and he is still my main.

Shining Tyranitar

Smash Rookie
Well, in the first smash bros, I picked Yoshi first 'cause he was absolute favorite Nintendo character. However, after I discovered how hard he was to play with because of his lack of a third jump, so I mostly mained Kirby in that game.

Then "Melee" rolled around. For the most part, Kirby was still my main but I did start taking time to work with Yoshi and I actually started playing with him much more. I also started experimenting with Bowser, but in the end Kirby was still my main.

Present day. When Brawl came out, I kinda dropped Kirby as my main because something about him didn't feel right as far as play style. I started playing with Lucario, Bowser, Mario, Pokemon Trainer, Pikachu and a host of others, but at the end of the day, I think that Bowser came out on top as my main, with Yoshi and Lucario as subs.

Case and point, Kirby was my first main.:)

Ma(r)th

Smash Rookie
My first main was Yoshi in SSB: YOSHI BOMB! YOSHI BOMB! BOING HOP! BOING HOP!

In Melee it was Link/Young Link: DAIR! DAIR! DAIR!

I've since evolved past using the same move over and over again, but I'll never forget my nickname: DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
In 64 it was Link, because I picked him based on the character alone.
In Melee, it was first Link as well.
In Brawl I started with Fox but quickly moved to Wolf after I unlocked him.

In 64 I never switched, in Melee I eventually moved to Fox then Falco. In Brawl I've moved to Falco. I'm pretty much a Zelda/Star Fox character user always because they were my favorite series represented.

Sh!ne

Smash Apprentice
In N64 i mained DK.
In Melee i Handslapped my way through 100 man brawl and unlocked Falco (i was like O:!!) and mained him from there.
To this day, i main Falco and second DK.

Yamato Hong

Smash Apprentice
I remember being a noob with the Smash series! ^-^

In Smash 64, it was Mario, and up to this day, still Mario!
In Smash Melee, it was Bowser, but now it is Marth.
In Smash Brawl, it was Meta-Knight, but I can't use him correctly and eventually set my sights on Marth and Ike.

I frequently use low tier characters today LOL. Proficiency with the higher tier characters just don't work out for me. ^-^

iLSA

Smash Cadet
My first main in Melee (I never played the N64 version) was Captain Falcon for his speed, agility, power, and most importantly, his FALCON PAWNCH! Then I progressed to Young Link (still Melee), then finally to Lucas, Toon Link, and Falco.

Leon7

Smash Rookie
I think Marth is my main for life. When I first Started, I used Marth as my main as well.

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
Link was the reason for me to play Smash

i was 10 years old and i love zelda Oot
link is my fav character ever, dont matter if he is low tier, he alwais will be the best
and i cant die without see link in mid tier( never top tier)

well a little out of topic jajaja

Rasta

Smash Rookie
Big noob to this game. I'm using Mario as I figured he'd be a good noob character to pick.

Any reccomendations to make life easier for a noob ?

Leon7

Smash Rookie
Big noob to this game. I'm using Mario as I figured he'd be a good noob character to pick.

Any reccomendations to make life easier for a noob ?
I would say, try out a bunch of different people and see which character you like best, and practice with him/her. Every character is different (usually by far) so practicing a lot with one won't necessarily make you good with another.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
64, Mario (the only 1 I knew the most)
Melee: Mario, Dr. Mario. I was a noob with the doc until I found out about the super sheet. Life changed afterwards.
Brawl: Diddy only (fanboyism, it was difficult to play as a weak monkey), and now Diddy as well as DK.

link2702

Smash Champion
smash64, mario, back when i was still a major mario game fanatic, had to have everything with mario in it.

:embarrass i didn't even know who some of the other characters in the game were, hey...keep in mind i was still young back then, mario games where the only games i'd get when i was a kid @_@

after i played Ocarina of time for the first time, i quickly switched from mario, to link, and became the zelda fanatic i am today, in melee link remained my main, and in brawl, he's still one of my secondariest(yes i know he's the 2nd worst character in the game, but IDC ) although in melee and 64 all i ever had were cpus to face...so when i got brawl....it was a... mixed blessing, i finally got to face real players for a change thanks to wifi(the smash scene in my state is like 2 hours away from where i live, wifi is pretty much all i got, lousy as it may be, its still better then facing nothing but cpus) however i learned just how.....ridiculous brawl is compared to melee, insanely more campy, waaaaaay slower, and character balance was thrown out the window, some are insanely oped(mk) others are just flat out broken(ice climbers) and some others are just so UPed that they don't stand a snowflakes chance in hell against many characters.

buuuut then again...brawl was also my first trek into the competitive scene of smash, (melee and 64 all i had were cpus) and it was sadly also the one nintendo tried to completly stomp out the competitive scene with

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
i will never change link, some times i found characters with which I can be pretty good, and i become better with that new character than link (somethings that happent), simply i leave the new character and back to train with link and become stronger >=)

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Yoshi from the very beginning to the end~! ;3
I picked up as snake due to a metal gear phase I was in and then started questioning how good my yoshi was. Because I questioned it though that just made me train harder. My yoshi became beast fairly quickly. Even though I say I main snake yoshi will always be my best character. =w= Besides its kinda hard to take pride in being a snake player. There everywear.

jyork9

Smash Rookie
In the good ol' days of 64... I mained Kirby. I discovered my love for jiggs though...
Melee, brought in my two girls Peach and Zelda as well as the kids, IC's.
Nowadays, I main Lucas, but I still love using Peach, Zelda, and IC's randomly. Me and my friend normally just sit and brawl as random.... haha.

D

Deleted member

Back when I got Melee, my first main was Link.

Nowadays, i use Ike and PT though i still use Link.

Top Bottom