• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who was your first main?

Atlantian

Smash Rookie
Back on the good ol' N64 version, I used to be a Link noob. After I unlocked Captain Falcon, that changed. On Melee, I mostly used Roy. On Brawl, I usually use Toon Link.

Zega

Smash Cadet
Here's an idea who actually still uses there main's after the melee, brawl transition? mario is only for the hardcore ;o

FLSHK

Smash Cadet
When I got 64, I mained Pikachu. Pokémon was the reason I got into Smash Bros. (I was a Pokémon nut at that time [I wish I still were], but at least I'm no longer a noob at Pokémon [I stayed a noob until I started playing competitively right before D/P got released in '07]) *Chuckles* I never unlocked any characters in 64 but Jigglypuff. (I still have a working N64 and a [hopefully also working] Smash 64). For Melee, I don't remember much. I don't remember maining anyone until towards Brawl's release, and that character was Luigi. I switched characters a lot. For Brawl, I've always mained Luigi. I'm not about to change that.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
ive always mained a zelda character in each and still do!
64:Link, back in the day i thought he was so good and now that i know he's one of the worst i will still main him

melee:Young link, what can i say, favorite character from one of my favorite games. majoras mask was the game that got me into the zelda series i loved that game. and i will always be young link main before a link or toon link main!

Brawl: ya Toon Link since it came out, i was really mad at first that they got rid of Young Link but i enjoyed minish cap and wind waker a lot so Toon Links ok but if Young Link were still in brawl i would be maining him XD

KingJacob

Smash Apprentice
In 64, I mained DK back when I understood absolutely nothing.
Then in Melee, I was Link and I mostly spammed grab to down b
I then switched to Marth and still idiotically spammed forward smash.
In Brawl I mained G&W and spammed aerials and smashes and began to complain that my friends spammed tilts lol...
I then switched to ROB so I could actually win in one on one fights, but still refused to use tilts.
I finally started caring about smash and switched to Meta-Knight. I learned all of his moves and became 4th best in my city.
I switched to Marth because the first official tier list came out, and people started complaining. I found out Marth was more my style anyway, actually became good, and am now the top in my city. (Not that it means anything, we seriously suck)

I gave up melee entirely because I cannot play the same character in two different games, but still play a little 64, and now use Captain Falcon.

thefonz21

Smash Rookie
i started with link, and im going to end with link! but i sometimes like to use ness, and falco

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I was always a big fan of the Mario games when I was younger. I also loved Yoshi, because my favorite color was green and I loved dinosaurs. So, not knowing who any other characters in the game were besides Mario characters, Link and the Pokemon, Of course I chose Yoshi.

I sucked as Yoshi. In Melee, I continued to play as Yoshi, although I started getting better. But one day, a little after the time I got Melee, I woke up... and I was a Metroid fan. So I tried out Samus, stuck with her, and completely dominated at the game against all my friends. They've all given up on the game because they can't beat me. :bee:

When Brawl came out, I thought Meta Knight looked like a cool character and I started to play as him more. Then I realized that playing as Meta Knight, people would think I'm a noob player and that my skill is fake since Meta Knight is apparently "broken." So I am a Samus fan to this day, and I intend to keep it that way for a while.

Janne

Smash Journeyman
Just like alot of people here, I had to "discover" who I would main meaning I played other characters before and tried to main them before I really decided who I was gonna main. My first main was Ice Climbers ( too hard to control and not my type of playing style). I then moved to Pokemon Trainer, Zelda, and Peach. Now I'm very happy and content playing my ZSS :)

Edit: In 64, I played Jigglypuff and in Melee, Zelda

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
First on 64 was Kirby. Now its Jiggs
On Melee it was Ice Climbers, Now its Pichu
First on brawl was sheik, now its Falco.

Notice how coming out of the closet changed my faves :p

Coop Nike

Smash Rookie
N64 i main'd Mario because he was just simple to use.
Melee i main'd Falco and Link because Falco is an overall good character and fast while Link was just a personal pick due to favoritism.
Brawl is the same as Melee.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Back in ssb64, DK.

Melee, Dr. Mario.

Brawl, I remember thinking "Man, I am awesome with MK." Then I learned he was broken and switched to the IC's. Chaingrabs ftw.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology

64 - Started as Fox ended as Captain Falco
Melee - Started as Captain Falco for 6 years..now I main Sheik for some reason
Brawl - Started as Captain Falco, then went Toon Link. Then Snake. S

o.g.darkdrifter

Smash Rookie
Didn't seriously play any smash bros. before brawl, but when I did I always played as Kirby.

Brawl: Kirby->TL->Kirby->Fox->Kirby->TL->Mario-> currently TL

Pixels

Smash Rookie
My first was Link back in 64, continued through Melee as well.
Got to Brawl and changed it up to Lucas and ZSS, working on TL right now also.

Top Bottom