• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will win evo and who will be in the top 8?

AlphaQHard

Smash Apprentice
Top 8(no order)
Mango
M2K
Dr. Peepee
Hungrybox
Armada(if he still plays)
Leffen
Hax
Shroomed

Winner Dr. Peepee over M2K. Last time i saw him play he was on point. Dangerous player.

So what's your top 8 and Winner?

Last edited:

AlphaQHard

Smash Apprentice
1. mango
2. dr pp
3. m2k
4. armada (possibly switch with m2k)
5. hbox
6. leffen
------
not sure

hax underperforms lol
westballz does better than he normally does
yeah after leffen its a toss up. Didnt know who to put.
Who do u have winning?

Last edited:

Snorlaxes

Smash Cadet
1. Mango
2. Dr. PP
3. Mew2King
4. Leffen
5. Hungrybox

Past here feels like a tossup. If Armada enters, I'd expect him at least in top 8. If Westballz decides not to quit or whatever he's been up to lately, I would also put him as a solid bet for top 8. I'd also expect some Fox representation from SFAT / Fiction / Hax depending on who can be consistent in tourney. Maybe Amsa can sneak in depending on brackets and who can figure out the Yoshi matchup.

Iguana

Smash Cadet
1) Mango
2) PPMD
3) Armada
4) Leffen
5) M2K
5) Hungrybox
7) Westballz
7) SFAT/Shroomed

Last two are kinda hard like people have already said. I think Shroomed can make Top 8 again, but SFAT and Westballz are solid candidates as well. And as much as I want aMSa to make Top 8, I don't think it will happen.

1. Mango
2. Dr Peepee
3. Hungrybox
4. Mew2King
5-6. Leffen
5-6. Westballz
7-8. SFAT
7-8. Shroomed

I slightly cheated and copied a post or 2 slightly. I'm assuming ARmada won't play

Hahaae

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hahaae
1-2. PP or Mango - I have a feeling that their Falco's are equal at this point (Mango's being more aggro and PP being more patient, just as in Mango v Armada), and I doubt Mango's Fox can beat PP's Falco unless Mango is playing 110% on-point.

3-4. Mew2King or HungryBox - If M2K has luck in the bracket and faces Mango, there is a chance he can win. However, he still has a massive mental barrier on PP and just gets trounced by him now. HungryBox is finally starting to figure out M2K a bit, so there is a chance that if they face in top8, he can win.

5-6. Leffen or Armada - Leffen has been improving drastically recently, and Armada has been falling off after not playing. That said, the Leffen v Armada match back in March, where Armada took a beating was a pretty convincing win for Leffen. However, I don't think Leffen is quite at that level of PP, Mango, M2K or HBox, in part because he rarely gets to play them. PP and Mango's Falcos can beat his Fox, and M2K has the Marth/FD pick or maybe another Fox ditto. I don't think Armada has completely fallen off though; I think he still has a shot at top5, depending on how much the bracket works in his favor, but not at the current big 4.

7. Hax$ - His Fox has a lot of tech skill, but it seems like it lacks a lot of fundamentals/common sense at the core. I think that his Fox could be the greatest Fox if Has would play smarter and not go for so many flashy things like double/quadruple shines. What I've seen a lot of people do is just sit patiently and wait for him to flub, and then punish him hard. I think he can break into the top8 if he just plays with more common sense. I could see him placing even at 6th (primarily due to Armada being rusty), but I don't think his Fox can contend with the likes of the top5. I think he could place just as high if he would use Falco though, and it would be more entertaining to watch.

8. aMSa - Kinda throwing an oddball out here, because after the aforementioned contenders, it's really a toss up. aMSa did extremely well at APEX 2014, and many still don't know the Yoshi matchup well -- especially a Yoshi of aMSa's caliber. He's also been practicing more and more since APEX, and though he didn't place very well in that recent Japanese MLG qualifier, that could just be because those players have more opportunities to play aMSa and adapt to his style (or bad luck in the bracket), whereas people in America/Europe have only played him a handful (maybe once or twice?) of times.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Who beats westballz in cali now other than fly?

The only one I can think of is the rare loss to S2J

He beats sfat, fiction (this new amazing fiction), macd, everyone in socal really but I don't think he's ever had as good national tourney results as them. I think ppu and shroomed beat him in tourney or usually do but I'm interested in seeing how that goes now. I wonder who'd beat him outside of the couple people that are supposed to beat him

1-2. PP or Mango - I have a feeling that their Falco's are equal at this point (Mango's being more aggro and PP being more patient, just as in Mango v Armada), and I doubt Mango's Fox can beat PP's Falco unless Mango is playing 110% on-point.
I'm pretty sure the only times PP has beaten Mango in tournament (when he isn't doing something stupid like going Falcon) was at Apex last year and at the 1st kings of cali. So that's 2 real wins over him in like the last handful of YEARS lol. Mango has an extreme lifetime edge over PP, I'm still a huge PP fan but just know that that's not exactly accurate.

yeah after leffen its a toss up. Didnt know who to put.
Who do u have winning?
mango, that's why he was #1 lol

Last edited:

strawhats

Smash Master
for those who don't know, Armada will be playing melee at SKTAR/CEO/MLG/EVO

As for my predictions:
1. MaNg0
2. M2k (i still have faith in the guy what can I say)
3. Armada
4. PP
5-6. Leffen/Hbox
7-8. Shroomed/PPU
I've got aMSa, Fly, Ice, hax, Axe, Westballz, SFAT, Silent Wolf, and KK in my top 16...my bad almost forgot about Aziz. (still breaks my heart that he switched from falcon, but for sake of growth as top contending player...It's what he felt he had to do)

Last edited:

Oaty

Smash Cadet
I'm hoping Armada comes back full force and we get a finals like Genesis 2. Though I think he will still be too rusty for Mango
1. Mango
2. Armada
3.PP (second if Armada is too rusty)
4.M2k (Honestly think he could take the tourney if he avoids PP in bracket.)
5-6 Hbox or Leffen. Though I think Hbox has the ability to pull a higher placing I could see him being top 3 if he plays on point.
7-8 Shroomed/Wes
I'm also hoping to see some high placings from peach mains.

Last edited:

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
for those who don't know, Armada will be playing melee at SKTAR/CEO/MLG/EVO

As for my predictions:
1. MaNg0
2. M2k (i still have faith in the guy what can I say)
3. Armada
4. PP
5-6. Leffen/Hbox
7-8. Shroomed/PPU
I've got aMSa, Fly, Ice, Axe, Westballz, SFAT, Silent Wolf, and KK in my top 16
Where is Hax

I feel he will do better than shroomed and PPU

Hahaae

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hahaae
I'm pretty sure the only times PP has beaten Mango in tournament (when he isn't doing something stupid like going Falcon) was at Apex last year and at the 1st kings of cali. So that's 2 real wins over him in like the last handful of YEARS lol. Mango has an extreme lifetime edge over PP, I'm still a huge PP fan but just know that that's not exactly accurate.
Well yeah, he doesn't have a good overall record against Mango. But in recent times, I'd say that the gap (with Mango's Falco at least) has pretty much been closed to where it's about even. Kings of Cali was a decent win on Mango, and PP just destroyed at APEX. I suppose only time will tell who the victor is, though I think that Mango and PP are the top2 players at the moment. M2K could be tied with them really, if he could get over the mental barrier he has with PP. M2K and Mango are pretty much even overall I think, it just depends on which one is playing better on whatever particular day they play against each other.

hariooo

Smash Apprentice
honestly if EVO is a ****ty bo3 until GF again anyone could make an upset and upend the list. bo3's are just the worst, especially for top 8 play.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Compare aMSa's punish game at Apex to what it was at RoF. If he keeps improving at this rate, top 8 is not out of the question.

tauKhan

Smash Lord
1. Leffen
2. dr PeePee
3. Armada
4. Mango
5. M2K, Hbox
7. Ice, aMSa

Also it was nice to see aMSa has really leveled up his edge guarding.

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
PeePee i think has been labing the hardest but all the sponsored players are going to want to claim first now so its tough to tell,

I have M2K over PPMD

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
I wont debate anyone else in the top 8 because its a really big toss up. I think Dr.PeePee will beat Mango. This is because PP, i feel, "gets" Mango now. He use to lose pretty consistently, but he learned. And with Mango having a child and such he has less time to practice. PP is always practicing, as he has said before. Also, he did win Apex 2014.

I think if he wins EVO, he should be best player in the world. In fact, i already think he should be. Actually, i think his biggest competitor would be Hungrybox. He does seem to have trouble with him. As for Mango, he has Mango's Fox on lockdown. Mango's Falco doesn't quite stand up to PP's Falco imo. The patient game is usually better unless you need to punish hard.

I wouldn't be surprised if anyone else wins, but i'm pretty sure PP has this one.

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Imo the favourites to win are Armada, leffen, pp, and mango in no order. Then even m2k has a good chance and hbox a slightly slimmer one.

OgiEthan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OgiEthan
3DS FC
2766-9108-2825
I feel like hungrybox has been improving a lot lately. How well he does could change a lot of things. My current predictions:
1)Mango
2)PP
3)Hungrybox
4)M2K
5)Westballz
6)Armada
7-8 can be anyone from Sfat, shroomed, leffen, amsa, and ice.

Divine Fist

Smash Rookie
Dr. PP has been playing on point lately. I think he'll come in first. Something like:

1. Dr. PP
2. Mango
3. Armada
4. Hungrybox
5. M2K
6. Hax
7. Shroomed
8. KirbyKaze

OgiEthan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OgiEthan
3DS FC
2766-9108-2825
Since apex, how many tourneys has he been to? Civil war? Was that it?

OgiEthan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OgiEthan
3DS FC
2766-9108-2825
I didn't mean to leave Hax off of that list. :l I can see him doing crazy well at EVO. His fox is becoming a lot better. I'd love to see him vs leffen in the ditto

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
#1 is 80% between Mango and PP. PP's my favorite pick for #1, but you never know.

M2K will get top 5 for sure, but beyond that I can't say. I don't expect him to win but again, y'never know. Same goes for HBox in top 6, but to be honest I think if he goes up against Leffen again he'll probably win.

Armada is a big question mark. Will he play Peach? Is his Fox up to the task? Will he switch between them? Top 8 is assured regardless, in my opinion. Leffen will almost definitely get top 8 as well.

After that, it's anyone's game. Amsa, Ice, Westballz, Hax, Fly, Sfat, Fiction, Shroomed could all make it, plus a few others.

Also, Silent Wolf will choke and get 9th again lol sry otto

Last edited:

tauKhan

Smash Lord
How would getting 9th at evo be choking for Silent Wolf? The tournament is going to be stacked, he must perform very well to get top12.

1MachGO

Smash Ace
Armada has made himself somewhat of a wildcard with his use of Fox. Armada is a top 3 player but I'm not (yet) of the opinion that he possesses a top 3 Fox. This isn't to say his Fox isn't capable, but I don't think he is as good as M2K, Leffen, and Hax in the ditto, nor I don't think he is as good as Mango, M2K, and Leffen in the Puff MU. This has led me to believe that Armada is perhaps the most susceptible to a bad bracket out of any of the top 5 + Leffen. The only top level MU where his Fox might work in his favor is against Mango because he hates the ditto. Even then, its still a gamble and might just result in a CP war.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
How would getting 9th at evo be choking for Silent Wolf? The tournament is going to be stacked, he must perform very well to get top12.
Because Otto could easily be top 8 if he didn't choke so much.

I'm not talking just at Evo. I'm talking in general. SW's amazing.

Top Bottom