• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will you play *AGAINST*?

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
When you're just messing around and expirimenting, and you need to pick a computer player as your enemy that doesn't stand much of a threat and won't get in the way, who will you pick?

In Melee, I'd usually pick Peach, Jigglypuff, Pichu, and Ice Climbers.

In Brawl, I'll probably pick Peach and JP again, maybe Ice Climbers, though they're FS boosts them a bit. And if an Animal Crossing character is revealed, probably them too. Other than that, if there's a character I really don't want in or don't like, them as well.

But who do you pick in Melee and who do you plan on picking in Brawl?

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
usually mario.

i pretend its my friend maining him.

but if your talking about NOT IN THE WAY..

Pichu.

although thats never the case.

The Director

Smash Lord
Hard to tell at this point. I won't be playing against computers much, but if and when I am it'll be against the better characters.

Smash Ace
In melee, it depends on whether I'm practicing comboing fastfallers or floaty people. If I'm practicing comboing fastfallers, I choose a fastfaller. If I'm practicing comboing floaters, I choose a fastfaller (hint: that was sarcasm). I'm not any more consistent than that.

In brawl, I bet that I will use a similar philosophy.

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Showing other people, I'll pick whomever looks coolest against Snake, right now that's Ike.

Practicing? Depends on who my mates main.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
this is dumb seeing as the game is still over two months away and we probably dont even know half the characters...but probably bowser. just like last game, hes so cute you just want to beat the living **** out of him. *scampers away from gimpyfish*

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
If ness gets in
which is highly unlikely, seeing as character posts on Dojo seem to have ceased
then I'll just smash on Lucas all day long
For almost taking Ness' job.
other than that...
I've got some anger issues with Meta Knight I gotta sort out.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
i love to fight lvl 9 ganon, its quite a challenge to fight his timings, i can kill him 5 times with him killing me once, but its fun... i usually dont do this anymore, these days i can take a team of 2 lvl 9 and i have done very few times vs 3 lv 9.... thats just when im like the only one at my house whhich is rarely the case, i know about 12 people from my country that can fight good, i mainly fight vs them and so

in brawl i would love someone with good timings... maybe mk or mario?... actusally, if online hs very few lag, i will barely use lvl 9s

FallenAngelPit

Smash Apprentice
if miis are in the game, i'd make one of everyone i hate, then beat up them (so will everyone else)
if not... RaNdOmIzE!

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
Krystal, I cannot stand her, punching bag is the only reason I'm not upset by her inevitable confirmation.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
Apparently, nobody really ever plays against the CPU, which I don't get.

And just for further clarification, I don't mean actual fighting the computer for the sake of winning, I mean picking a CPU character that won't bug you much when you want to expiriment with items and moves and with the stage and what not.

And don't pretend there will always be someone there with you to play multiplayer with when you want to do that.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
In Melee I usually tried to do "dream matchups" if I played against the computer. For example, I'd do an all Zelda match, all Mario match, and a number of more variations.

Cog

Smash Apprentice
Well in melee it was usually pichu, mario, Mr. Game and Watch, or jigglypuff.
For brawl, i guess it could be Mario again, or maybe just random until i figure out who i hate the most.

I only picked mario because he was an average character with average play style.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
I pick characters who are usually small to hit. If I can hit a character that is small easily with good accuracy, then hitting big characters like donkey kong, and etc will be even easier.

NDUDE

Smash Ace
Fox, Falco, and Dr. Mario. Especially Fox. I hate Fox players (for some reason...), so it's fun when I beat a Fox even if it's just a CPU. Well, those are my Melee guys. I guess I'd fight Sonic in Brawl. If he's really that agile, he might be a decent CPU opponent.

Viral

Smash Apprentice
I'd probably practice against whichever characters are the most overused and then go to random to keep me on my toes.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
lol I came to look at this thread cause I thought is was gonna be about who you meet in Anybody Online Matches cause I'm hoping alot of good players will actually use this to practice.

Which is what I think would be the best method. ONLINE BABY!!!

Random......I hate that *******.
That's how I pick my character every time. And the new random function works great. Now I wont know who I am until the actual battle starts...AWESOME!!!!

In Melee I usually tried to do "dream matchups" if I played against the computer. For example, I'd do an all Zelda match, all Mario match, and a number of more variations.
Dittos are my specialty so this worked well for me. Multiple stock matches (I started in melee at 25) in Kirby Dreamland. 2 CPUs on a team, kill them both before you go below a certain number. When you do it the first time, you raise the number. Eventually it's like 99 stock, finish before you drop below 69. 197 kills for 30. That's good practice. You sure learn alot of different styles and techniques doing that.

I'll do it alot just for fun on unlimited time battles to try things I'd never do. Always two though, it's like fighting one but there are no pauses cause there's always one on you after taking out the other. (shinespike one then recover with an edgeguarder.) Still kinda easy but do it differently everytime as if they were unpredictable. Then you mix up the computers. Never use the ****ty computers though. Like I never use Peach much in training but I'll do it to practice combos or whatever on a Peach. In terms of challenges though, I'll use a Pika with Mario, Marth with Luigi, Yoshi with Fox combo. That sort of thing.

Geist

Smash Master
And just for further clarification, I don't mean actual fighting the computer for the sake of winning, I mean picking a CPU character that won't bug you much when you want to expiriment with items and moves and with the stage and what not.
i call it practice mode. =/
you get to pick any item you want, at any time, and the computers can be told to run away from you. cant get any more out of the way than that.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I main Mario in Melee. If I ever wanted to just beat up on a computer player, or just mess with em...Id set it to Bowser, level 9. because Bowser is so slow, and even at level 9 is easy to beat up on (I especially like Meteor Smashing him on the ground so hard, he bounced into a KO)

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Metaknight, I'm tired of hearing how awesome he is going to be and I want to beat his *** down.

finalark

SNORLAX
When practicing in Melee I just put my token on Roy then give myself a random level 9 NPC. I'll probably do the same thing in Brawl.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
I sometimes do level 9 CPU's, but not often. Just for fun mostly. If I want to practice, I just use a level 1 cpu.

with level 9 cpu's, it's irritating and annoying to practice advance techs. they dont give you any chance, and you'd eventually have to result to mediocre fighting just to win, which isn't good practice :(

RikyuXz.~

Smash Apprentice
In melee, DK - he's so fun to combo with y.link

\\\

In brawl..METAKNIGHT. IMA gonna show all metaknight users that PIT is way better..

But usually online since AIs fail.

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
usually marth, roy, falcon, falco, fox, zelda, or link, i try to play against harder people, when i am just playing around in brawl i will play with people from around here and the internet and my friends for i will be doing massive amts of FC trading.

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
I don't rly pick any character to get an easy opponent. I always train against those characters I know are a pain in the ***. In Brawl I think it'll be Sonic and Fox mostly because they're the faster characters and I want to keep up the speed and become as fast as I can with Link. Then I'll do the same with Ike to get used with facing an opponent that's twice as fast as me xD

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
if i have to pick someone for practice i normally choose big charas in melee like bowser then move to smaller ones. i dunno why but i wanna beat up king dedede in brawl lol. hes so awesome though.

dont do jigglypuff. jpuff is unlike any other character in the game and will get u used to only jpuffs, and not other characters

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
The people that I know I will be fighting against are the people from Play 2 Win since I'm in their clan and of course, SHADENEXUS!! That guy thinks he'll be the best Brawl player in the world and wants to dominate the entire Brawl community with his clan. That's why I want to beat him.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
I liked using Link and Marth as my compy practice bags. Their range helped me learn how to work with my fav characters (Samus, DK, Mew2) decently even with their range issues

Top Bottom