• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who would be the perfect partner for Lucas

Tyrone565

Smash Cadet
Apparently you are the only one that thinks so because I know a lot of people who love the name!

gsarany

Smash Cadet
I think that ness or PT would be great. When I get the game im going to try every possible character and see whats best. Would any of the star fox characters be good?

gsarany

Smash Cadet
Pokemon trainer because if Lucas needs power hes got it. If Lucas needs to heal PT has got that covered. If Lucas needs someone with a good recovery charizard. If Lucas needs a speedy strong or mid level fighter hes got them all covered.

The Kraken

Smash Cadet
I live under your bed, waiting for the lights to t
I'm going to have to say meta knight. MK can rack up the damage, and can steer the opponent/s towards Lucas, while Lucas prepares for one of his awesome killing moves.

And, .Kro i think you might have Lucas and ness confused. While Lucas has some pretty decent aerials, Ness's Aerials outstrip it considerably. Then again, it is the way you use them both that makes the difference, i suppose.

Levitas

the moon
I just want to point out the fact that Ness can PK fire, Lucas downtilts the bolt to ignite it early, then magnets. It should recover 20-30 damage, and in the mean time, if someone tries to attack lucas, he's got a pk fire and PK magnet as cover.

That said, all Ness are incredibly arrogant and stuck up. You'd be lucky to convince one to let you team with him. Just ask me, I'm a Ness player lol.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Ganon, or maybe ike. Ganon is incredibly strong and can definitely back up lucas. Ganon by himself is a little slow and vulnerable but lucas can be there to pk fire and pk thunder or jump in to use one of his air moves.

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
like said before, ness or another lucas. if lucas needs to heal. 1 pk flash should do quite nicely. Also. good aerial coverage by both of them. ness sets up with a pk shove, blasts foe into the air, lucas does pk stompin or psi kick. if pk stompin, spikes foe to the ground, ness sends flyin with bat. enough said.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yes. kirby would be good. He can suck you up and copy your ability that way you'd have varied attack but 2 PK freezes, and with 2 pk freezes you just have to work on timing after one another to make one of them unavoidable.

Also, that healing during 2v2 might turn out to be nothing but a dream. both teammates have to be out of fighting (stand off, both opponents off of the stage) so i think only worrying about the healing is a major waste since you'll hardly ever find the chance to do it.

Trizzy

Smash Cadet
I just want to point out the fact that Ness can PK fire, Lucas downtilts the bolt to ignite it early, then magnets. It should recover 20-30 damage, and in the mean time, if someone tries to attack lucas, he's got a pk fire and PK magnet as cover.

That said, all Ness are incredibly arrogant and stuck up. You'd be lucky to convince one to let you team with him. Just ask me, I'm a Ness player lol.
Like a Lucas player would ever allow a Ness to heal him. He'd rather be burned alive by your PK fire than owe a yo-yo chucker a favor.

gsaran

Smash Cadet
Ice Climbers because I've heard an aerial blizzard can heal him from 90 to full in 1.5 seconds.
Wow I will look into that and maybe try it. Thanks for that info. And also that game and watch idea with the bucket thats pretty cool. That is a crazy idea.

I was playing team with Samus and it turned out to be pretty awsome but healing Lucas is kind of slow cause u have to charge the beam then make sure u hit lucas (make sure you wait for psi magnet or else you might end up flying off the screen)

GofG

Smash Champion
Me and my 2v2 partner are currently at #6 in the MLG ladder with Lucas/Ike. We don't have any gimmicks like energy recovery, but some of the awesome combos we can pull off... I trap an incoming enemy with the first hit of my upsmash, he hits them with HIS upsmash, then the second hit of my upsmash kills them. In general, also, we have all our weakNesses covered. If we're up against a metaknight, who outranges Lucas by a ton, he'll take the metaknight and i'll grab the other person. If we're up against another Ike, I can **** them, leaving Foxy to take whoever the other person is. We don't have to waste his spammable smashes on anyone, we get to choose.

On top of that, I grab > he fsmashes is godly. He grabs > I usmash is also godly.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
I was never into team matches, I was never into competeative team matches, but honestly, how often did any Ness player get a chance to heal when the opponent had two foxes/falcos/Marths/sheiks comign tword you? Liek Bowser's fire healed like 2% every second, and 2 enemies could attack you every .5 seconds...it just doesn't seem like you coudl heal fast enough.

However, a Fox/Falco team with him would be best, I think he could heal the most from those, that is sayign that I am 100% wrong and you do have a chance to heal.

Levitas

the moon
I got 3rd at a U of M Biweekly with scotu, who went Ike. We also counterpicked corneria and he went fox.

(Don't counterpick corneria against Metaknight, it eliminates all of his kill problems)

That said, we could have easily gotten second, the team we knocked down in winners semifinals knocked us out.

PK fire is awesome stage control, and ike can capitalie on that. PK fire > Ike backair? How about PKT2 to Ike foward air? Or Psi Magnet to Ike Down air spike? (we almost got that last one, the first two were crazy good.

GofG

Smash Champion
Why is everyone (aside from Levi) basing good team play off of who can make Lucas recover the most? Teammate recovery is a novelty that rarely actually works in a battle, esp. on neutral stages where there isn't somewhere to go stall at.

Lucas & Ike is, in my elitist opinion, the best combination with the current metagame. If Lucas traps an opponent in no more than two utilts, Ike gets a free fsmash on them. Ike is built around getting people off of the stages, but besides for the occasional b-up gimp spike, has no decent ledgeguards. On the other hand, Lucas can throw a PKT out at an enemy that Ike has knocked off, at any time, and usually screw up their recovery enough for Ike to finish them off (forced airdodge -> fsmash).

If Lucas gets a grab off, he can get a second grab off. In the level of skill that everyone is at right now, no one but us Lucas players know that Lucas can grab immediatley after his opponent gets out of a grab, and if the opponent tries to do ANYTHING but rolldodge away, he will get grabbed again. This amazing feat that we can pull out at any time is great for an Ike, who's fsmash can destroy the grabbed opponent and, if timed right, not hit Lucas.

The only problem with this team is that it gets destroyed by fsmash spamming Marths. Ike gets owned by Marths anyway (Very strong slow < Strong Fast), and Lucas gets owned by Marths, as I said in the "vs. Marth" thread in a roundabout way. Together, there are no gimp combos they can pull off against a Marth who can sh fair -> fsmash.

Post 200.

Top Bottom