• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who would be the perfect partner for samus?

scoota225

Smash Rookie
Me and my cousin always play on teams and he uses samus so i would like to know who would be the perfect parnter for her

sin360

Smash Rookie
Im not sure if this will help but me and my friend is doing pretty well samus+ike, i play as samus getting high percents while my friend finishes with ikes big smashes

Tycho X

Smash Rookie
I agree. Ike is a good partner for covering her back while she's blasting here missiles at the enemy. She chips off the enemies health while Ike gets the job done with his long range smashes.

fluffy

Smash Champion
I prefer having a marth than an ike as a partner. He has the same potential to KO enemies while being A LOT faster than ike.

Eten

Smash Ace
Nah, Ike KOs less than 100% with an ftilt for goodness sakes. At the very least half of Ike's moves are KO moves. Marth has decent KO power, but not in the same realm as Ike's.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
IMO Sammy's best partner will likely end up being a quick short characer. Samus has a hard time hitting shorties - this can be abused very well for double teaming. Characters like Squirtle can dash attack under Sammy's zair and follow up on it very well.

Additionaly, Samus covers distance rather slowly - it's be a handicap if you don't have someone fast enough to do things like running to the other side of the stage to get a quick edgehog in.

I'd recommend primarily Toon Link, or if not him then Pika. Squirtle would work verh well if the game didn't force you to change as you are KO'd. Metaknight may work well for this, as could a number of others, I'm just not familiar with them enough to really say.

Ike could be okay if the Samus is able to lock the opponents down for Ike to hit 'em, but from my experience thus far Ike's just too slow. I've not been able to coordinate well with Ikes thus far, or really help each other at all. Samus is slow enough already, I'm worried if she doesn't team with someone fast the opposing team could abuse their relative speed to control the whole match.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Samus' long range with Bowser's Power/Armor. Catching a player in Bowser's Fire breath stream will allow samus to get a charged shot to hit the enemy.
Or if you choose to have a Speedy ally, it would be Diddy Kong and his banana peels.

Pi

Smash Hero
ZSS...maybe not but I'd love to see a stun gun/down smash to charged beam combo...

I think they would be an annoying pair, both with long ranged whip things

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Since when was samus ever slow? All her attacks have almost no lag.
I thought I was pretty clear in that I was referring to how quickly she covered ground - how quickly she got from one place to another. Irrelevant, that's what I was had meant. In terms of dashing speed she's always been on the slower side.

I could cite a lot of hypothetical situations, but it comes to down the fact that unless you're on a very small stage it's extremely useful to have at least one person on a team who can be anywhere they need to quickly. Edgehogging/guarding opponents, double-teaming, keeping a partner from being double-teamed, clearing the edge for the partner, etc.

I would be a lot firmer on this if Samus was a touch better at KOing - at least one person on a team needs to have that as well. But delegating that to the partner at the expense of ground-covering speed seems a larger sacrifice to me.

FmAiGkGeO

Smash Cadet
The brawler I always practice with is an ike and I would agree it's a good combo. Suppose bowser or DK would work just as well. I would say a well placed ike smash would take out squirtle at a low enough percent for it to not be a problem height wise.

Top Bottom