• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Would You Have LIKED to Have in Brawl?

chadorable

Smash Rookie
umh.
i was kind of expecting tails.
but then.. what moves would he really have?
and slash or knuckles, eh.

electivire i kiiiind of wanted.
they could have done a looot with him.

ummmh.
D:

they could have done TONS with viewtiful joe.

and i think that's it.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Lol, man. Humor me here.
How would the Animal Crosser work?
An Animal Crosser would have had a better chance than Miis.

I would have to say I wanted Midna in the most (NO WOLF LINK!), since she had personality and would have had a unique moveset. And with the Eldin Bridge stage/TP designs for Link, Zelda, and Ganon she would have been a much better fit as the fourth LoZ rep instead of Toon Link.

K. Rool would have been a good pick just so the DK franchise can have it's main villian.

Tails would have been my primary pick for another Sonic character.

zB.

Smash Cadet
I'm actually quite happy with what we got to be honest, as there really aren't to many blatant character archetypes left unfilled. However, I wouldn't have minded Dixie Kong, as I absolutely love the Donkey Kong games. And having one of the the other bounty hunters from Metroid Prime DS would have been sweet, as they were all pretty awesome and unique.

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
There's like ten thousand of these topics, but I haven't replied to one yet so here I go :)
Sothe (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Edward (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) -- there was no chance he would get in, but I wanted him anyway :( he was my best Trueblade in the whole game.
Midna and Wolf Link

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
There are already threads for this, n00b. More official ones, at that. All this is is a "Let's have more Links and Sonic characters" thread. One Link was great; two was pathetic; three is completely asinine. And may Nintendo go bankrupt the day they introduce another Sonic character into Brawl.

Mods, please close.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Either Lip, Micaiah, or Geno. I actually thought Geno was a playable character at one time.

blizzard138

Smash Apprentice
You know guys, we're all going to or have had fun playing brawl, but who do you think could have made the whole thing better?

I, for starters, would have liked Midna.
I think that she could have been utilized well enough to be playable.
Not to mention she could have a killer Final Smash.

Bomberman would have been fun also...
Like The Second Attack Bomberman.
Different Bombs, different styles.
Not to mention the ever-loved Pommy.

And what about Krystal? From Star Fox.
She'd be a different play style than Wolf, Falco, or Fox.
Have her use the staff and magic-based attacks.
It'd offer a new player from the Star Fox franchise.

I read online about Majora's Mask Link.
Alternate like the Pokemon Trainer.
Deku Link -> Zora Link -> Goron Link
But I think the Final Smash should be Fierce Deity Link.

I mean, it's going to be a wonderful game nonetheless, but still.
What do you guys think?
Theres already enough versions of link. Also KK from animal crossing or Tom Nook :(...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Really, there's only two characters that would have made Brawl 100% perfect for me: Geno and Megaman. I've been supporting both characters for an SSB game since 2002 and I'm annoyed that I'm going to have to wait 5-6 more years in order to possibly get the oppurtunity. Really, both characters offer a ton of possibilites moveset wise (especially Geno). One represents one of the most successful third party franchises while the other represents one of Nintendo's most underrated games. Honestly, I could ramble on and on about why they are more then worthy to join Smash Bros but that's not the point of this thread.

Right at the moment, there's only three other characters I would genuinely like to play as in the next installment if it ever comes: Krystal, Ridley, and Takamaru (from the Mystery of Murasume Castle). Needless to say, this list will probably grow as the years pass like my "wanted list" from Melee did. After Melee was released, the characters I immediately threw support behind were Wario, Diddy, King Dedede, Megaman, and Geno .

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
Basically everyone I really wanted got in. King Dedede, Meta Knight, Captain Olimar, Wolf, Falco of course, Lucario...and Lucas.

:S The only character besides those that I started to hope was in towards the end was the Masked Man, aka...well...spoilers. Oh, and Megaman. Sort of.

Ivoryshadows

Smash Cadet
Bomberman
Saki Amamiya
King Boo
Waluigi(To replace Wario with!!)
Kat & Ana(as a counter pair to ICe climbers)

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
I really, really wanted K. Rool in. He's awesome, after all, and from a well-known and respected series. I knew, however, that his chances of being playable weren't the highest, but at least he'd be an AT or Boss, right?

WRONG:mad:. This is what got me really pissed. Is DK hated so much by Sakurai that he couldn't even put in DK's main enemy in Subspace Emissary or as an AT? I mean, even POKEY got in as a boss, and two random ninja girls (well, not exactly, but still...) from WarioWare were AT's, but K. Rool couldn't warrant either type of position? The main enemy from Nintendo's 4th largest franchise?

Top Bottom