• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 3!! 3/18-20/2011!! Livestream: http://brawlstream.vgbootcamp.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esca

Smash Champion
OH let me share something with everyone: I told Esca at the venue that he was good at pissing people off, then inquired if that was why he had a black eye. He said "Yes, are you gonna give me another one?"
You don't come at someone like that dude. Your body language was insinuating and your tone. You insulted me in front of several people. Someone who saw will back me up on this.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Let's just remove the timer altogether.
If you can still time people out, you deserve the win.
:awesome:

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
It is the inalienable right of every human being to make a fool of himself, M2K.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
You don't come at someone like that dude. Your body language was insinuating and your tone. You insulted me in front of several people. Someone who saw will back me up on this.
His body language wasn't insinuating violence...you were prob just scared of him or sumtin. He's just tryin' to talk man to man. Why ya tryin' to demonize him? You gotta chills.

Esca

Smash Champion
Lol, i'm not demonizing him at all. I was not scared of him, I had no reason to be. I asked him to get off the TV for 2 pools matches. I only had two TV's to work with and after 5 minutes of him trying to grab the ledge vs a computer I made him get up. Then he blew up lmao.

Rich Brown, you're good at covering your *** online. Raz you weren't even there?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
When polt started raving at WHOBO thats when
The blood god's powers of persuasion are too damn good LOL.
who is saying he absolutely wins offstage just because rb lost?

though you people are mad ****tarded.

im so glad im not a brawl player, ****ty kids hating their game ftw.
leffen no one cares about you.

We need a result thread. XYRO WHERE YOU AT?
I love this guy favorite smasher for life
What Kain said basically.^

In terms of the Will thing.

If he went to Delfino, the 2nd part of Castle Siege, Brinstar, or Rainbow cruise then this no LGL rule wouldn't even matter, but it's pretty obvious we need a LGL.

Cook

Smash Master
Okay I'll try to make the logic easier

Would you say 5 minute timer compared to a 10 minute timer, that timeouts would happen twice as often because the timer is half as much?

Answer: Clearly not, because MANY MANY matches end in over 5 minutes, but VERY VERY FEW would be able to take up 10. It would fix a LOT of problems by doing that, and people don't want to listen to me because a) they're stupid 2) they want to have a reason to ban or restrict MK instead 3) they use the logic that tourneys would last even longer, even though IT MIGHT MAKE THEM SHORTER because people WOULDN'T TRY TO WIN THE MATCH WITH THE --- INTENTIONS --- OF TIMING THEM OUT. Thus, making many matches shorter. Overall, the total effect would barely change when the tournament ends, but it would solve a lot of other issues instead quite easily.
I'm not disagreeing with the logic behind extending the timer, I'm just not sure adding 2 minutes is enough. I'd probably do like a 12 minute timer if I wanted to test this in a tournament.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
I was there and I can assure you that there wasn't a big blow-up. I'm just sayin' that there's no use in pushin' the point that Richbrown was being a d`ck to you.

All that matters is that the LGL rule was bad, it caused some pretty dumb **** to happen, and that Xyro acknowledged this by apologizing to Rich and they squashed it.

So yeah, end of discussion.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
1. Ally
2. Razer
3. Dojo
4. ADHD
5. Atomsk
5. Vinnie
7. Shugo
7. Will
9. Tyrant
9. Trela
9. Inui
9. MVD

1. Ally Dojo
2. Razer Gnes
3. Shugo ADHD

Tesh

Smash Hero
Rich Brown seemed like a really cool guy to me.

I wanna say though, that MK planking being theoretically unbeatable by the entire cast is not the same as 1 matchup being theoretically ruined by planking. Rich Brown as a PLAYER could have beaten Will by picking another character if his Olimar couldn't handle it. Even if it turns out that Olimar can't do a darn thing about DK planking, its not in the same realm as MK planking, where you don't have any options on the character select screen to solve it.

If there turns out to be an LGL cast wide, I would like to see it really high for everyone except MK (like 80+). People are complaining now, but wait until a top player gets eliminated at a national for grabbing the ledge too much with Snake, Diddy Kong or Falco.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Ally vs Trela was one of the most hype sets of all time, game 1 made me jump up out my seat.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
From what I heard in Melee, Kyle said finals were going to be him vs. Lee Martin.

WHOBO 3 was really fun. My first national, and it's way different than going to regionals apparently. IMO it was run pretty well, especially considering all the things Xyro had to deal with, like his laptop cord getting unplugged and having to re-enter most of the bracket. Everything got finished on time and it was great and fun and stuff.

Can't wait for the results thread.

If anyone saved any replays on TV 2 (the setup with the small silver TV with no power or volume down button), lemme know what the matches were if you want them uploaded, since I don't have the tags in replays code so I won't be able to tell who is who.

Also, wtf @ people being dumb both days and turning the volume on my TV almost all the way up when there was clearly no way to turn the volume down without the remote. I was confused the first day about why the audio part of the AV cable was unplugged at first. Then day 2 same thing again. You people crazy.

:059:

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Logic lost to espy and shugo

I think espy placed low due to Tyrant who knocked a lot of people out early in losers. Coney lost to ADHD and then tyrant right after lmao

Tesh

Smash Hero
From what I heard in Melee, Kyle said finals were going to be him vs. Lee Martin.

WHOBO 3 was really fun. My first national, and it's way different than going to regionals apparently. IMO it was run pretty well, especially considering all the things Xyro had to deal with, like his laptop cord getting unplugged and having to re-enter most of the bracket. Everything got finished on time and it was great and fun and stuff.

Can't wait for the results thread.

If anyone saved any replays on TV 2 (the setup with the small silver TV with no power or volume down button), lemme know what the matches were if you want them uploaded, since I don't have the tags in replays code so I won't be able to tell who is who.

Also, wtf @ people being dumb both days and turning the volume on my TV almost all the way up when there was clearly no way to turn the volume down without the remote. I was confused the first day about why the audio part of the AV cable was unplugged at first. Then day 2 same thing again. You people crazy.

:059:
My pool was over there and I saved half my matches on TV2. If you could upload them for me that would be great.
Some of That's 70's show was there.

Trela as Eric Forman.
Nicole as Donna.
Dojo as Fez.
LOL

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Just to clarify for the people that don't know me, I didn't go to any raves. I wouldn't go anywhere near such a thing. :laugh:

ADHD

Smash Hero
I was at the rave, and I can indeed testify that ur boy poltergust was definitely quite the ravemonster.

Also, seeing will rave made me literally die.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Who got the most *****es at the rave?

I say Will or Lee since they are experienced with those ****s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom