• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Got Salt [2/5/11 - Ann Arbor, MI]

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
Honestly the only thing I didn't like bout the braket was that I had to play the same two ppl in my losers pool as I did in reg pools.

takieddine

Smash Master
blackmanoncrack

I lol'd all the way home. funniest name ever.

Duck, I'll get you next time, be prepared!

Moose, clutch ****, super exciting set, fun friendlies.

Shaeden, cheer up, you're very good at super smash bros for the nintendo gamecube.

Velynn, running jab to upsmash :p. clutch fsmashes, and that unexpected rest, ggs especially on counterpicking dk 64, most puffs dont do that. also **** your barrel hogging <3

Juggle, thanks for hosting the pittsburgh guys, and ****** carroll on JUGGLE FIELD!

Carroll, play more puff so we can **** teams harder.

silentswag, sucks, but was trying to pull a fast one and beat me! maybe when you're older johnny.

SCOTU, play more you're very good, made me sweat in our marth fox set, never had to up b so many times to recover, ****ing get up attack is broken.

Shady, gotta play you more next time.

anyone else i forgot ggs. till next time.

Mario/Link players, salty money match?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
1: Duck ($92) :samus2: - You're gay. good stuff though.
2: Shady ($46) :marth: :fox: - good stuff on second. way to rep EL
3: Velynn ($28) :jigglypuff: - set vs shady was really good, good stuff.
4: Taki ($19) :fox:- thanks for the few friendlies we got in, wrecked me pretty hard.
5: Shaeden :falco: :fox: - good stuff
6: Moose :falco:- lol
7: SCOTU :fox:- way to poop on me game 3. Fun stuff as always
7: Kalamazhu :peach: - look at you.
9: Juggleguy :falcon:- good stuff runnin this one Rob.
9: Brainjack :marth: :falco:- good stuff
11: Carroll :marth: :falcon: - good set, hopefully you'll coem back round and i'll give you a better fight heh.
11: SilentSwag :sheik: :fox: - absolutely wrecked me. good stuff man, alot of fun playing you.
13: Botulismnator :falco:- nice to seey you back around man.
13: Soul :mario2:- lolmario. gonna go falco on you, screw fox
13: Kail :ganondorf: :falco:- thanks for carrying me in teams, ill work on not sucking so bad x_x
13: Abu :jigglypuff:- ew. 3 uthrow rests :(
17: Junglefever :sheik: :falco:- hey, you suck.
17: Dablackpacman :link2:- nice to see you as always, good stuff in teams
17: Gio :sheik:- we didnt get to play :(
17: SlayerTokey :falcon: :marth:- always fun playing you man
21: Dre :pikachu2: :marth:- lets learn to not suck eh?
21: BloodyJoker :zelda: :fox:- get out
21: Yoshi101 :jigglypuff: :mario2:- nice to meet you, come out to more stufff
21: Rye :fox:- nice to meet you too, hope to see you around
25: Kagu :falco:- good to see you back around.
25: roki :fox: :falco:- gave me a scare in losers, got a nice fox on ya
25: Mhmm :falco:- you can do better than this, you murk me all day! you got this
25: 3Chairz :sheik:- didnt get to play you this time :(
25: Crash :fox:- good set in teams, thought we were gonna lose
25: Slamus :samus2:- thanks for comin out!
25: Chad :fox:- man you're fox is good.
25: Liptonbuddy :mario2:- this freaking mario, what the hell. one of my favorite sets ive played against someone. good stuf.
33: Warlock Don :ganondorf:- thanks for comin out, funny guy.
33: Dr. D - do more work with that ganon bro
33: Aceplayer :drmario: - i see you reppin that doc, good stuff.
33: Hellsinglover :marth:- you'll get better man. just need that tourney exposure.
33: IBR - thanks for comin out :D
33: okiyama :fox:- good to see you again

Additional Shoutout
Roller - showing me whats what in brawl. had alot of fun playing with you and learned alot ^_^. Kesha > KatyP though.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
I'm hoping to stick with the MI Melee community rather then the Braw. This was a LOT better then any Brawl tourney I've been too. You guys keep hosting, I'll keep coming :D

ORLY

Smash Master
Looks like I went to the wrong tournament..

At CoD we didn't even have enough people to do teams.

P.S. - I told you guys that Samus was unbeatable.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
1: Duck ($92) :samus2: - Samus Aran: Metaknight of Melee
2: Shady ($46) :marth: :fox: - Congrats on beating Velynn, but it seems you regressed in the Samus matchup :p are you interested in going to SMYM12? You gotta travel more with us!
3: Velynn ($28) :jigglypuff: - My heart was racing in your sets vs Shaeden, Taki, and Shady... and I wasn't even playing >_> thanks for coming again, you're one of the few with a perfect attendance record in my tournies!
4: Taki ($19) :fox:- Thanks for driving Pittsburgh all the way out here! You guys are mad chill, and your Fox is crazy good... I thought jab usmash might prevail but Velynn clutched it out.
5: Shaeden :falco: :fox: - You don't even read shoutouts.
6: Moose :falco:- That "platform" canceled bair saved your *** so hard!
7: SCOTU :fox:- Most consistent player. Sad we didn't get friendlies in, let's play more. Thanks for the SCOTU seal of approval on the hybrid format, it's good to hear input from legit TOs.
7: Kalamazhu :peach: - GGs in bracket, gets my vote for most improved player. Heard you're coming to UM, which is awesome. 6th pillar will have to defend its home field.
9: Juggleguy :falcon:- ****
9: Brainjack :marth: :falco:- Saw you putting in some work in your losers bracket round robins. Good stuff, let's play more cause I need some Falcon slayer practice.
11: Carroll :marth: :falcon: - GGs in bracket, didn't know Carroll would be so free on Carrollfield ;) and congrats on being the first 11th-place finisher in Melee tournament history!
11: SilentSwag :sheik: :fox: - GGs in pools, your Sheik is legit! You're gonna be like #1 in Pennsylvania by the time you're our age, right?
13: Botulismnator :falco:- Awesome to see you back. We didn't play friendlies, which makes me sad cause getting ahold of you normally is like trying to pull someone out of a retirement home.
13: Soul :mario2:- Heard you were putting in work on my boys Gio and BloodyJoker in pools. Sorry I lost the footage, but I think everyone knows who the scorpion king of MI is anyway.
13: Kail :ganondorf: :falco:- GGs in teams, I was sweating it out in the 1v1. Next time we'll definitely do the Falcon/Ganon + Marth/Ganon moneymatch. I'm glad we're carpooling for Chicago/SMYM.
13: Abu :jigglypuff:- We didn't play. Heard you play mad wack though, straight from the Top Drivers school of smash!
17: Junglefever :sheik: :falco:- GGs in pools and teams, I think I'll have to practice up my Mario a little more. Host a Smashfest in EL sometime, we're dying to go back up there again.
17: Dablackpacman :link2:- GGs in bracket, you caught me out of my jumps way too many times. Keep up the good work over in east MI, I promise we'll go out there for a Smashfest one day.
17: Gio :sheik:- Damn, if this Brawl scrub is outplacing half the attendance at locals that isn't a good sign for MI Melee!
17: SlayerTokey :falcon: :marth:- We didn't get to play friendlies, but I watched you wreck some *****es in tourney against my dudes Kail and Moose!
21: Dre :pikachu2: :marth:- My biggest regret from the tourney is losing the footage that included your comeback vs Taki/Carroll... the crowd went ****ing wild for that one and I missed it!
21: BloodyJoker :zelda: :fox:- Trolling kids in Halo Reach is way too good. Great job in teams, it was mad fun styling on people.
21: Yoshi101 :jigglypuff: :mario2:- Nice to meet you! Glad we've solidified your stance on which game you enjoy more... get ***** Brawl community! :p
21: Rye :fox:- GGs in bracket and nice to meet you as well. I know EVERYONE in this state, haha.
25: Kagu :falco:- You're like the rogue agent of UM, you just show up randomly some days and start KOing *****es. We gotta get you some more exposure to Smashfests around here!
25: roki :fox: :falco:- When the hell did you get so technical? That ain't Silent Wolf... until you can beat my Mario, at least, haha.
25: Mhmm :falco:- Great to see you finally enter one of these Calvin, get more Lain/Brainjack training and you'll be a force pretty soon.
25: 3Chairz :sheik:- Good stuff at the tourney Ray, I know you have 19 credits of school work to worry about. You're always welcome to join us for OoS tourneys too!
25: Crash :fox:- Saw you vs Shady, it wasn't pretty but don't get discouraged! You and Dr. D are always fun to play, just start ****** more and it's all good.
25: Slamus :samus2:- Did you leave your sleeping bag at my place? >_> looking mad clumsy out there!
25: Chad :fox:- I've decided you are gonna commentate a "top ten plays" segment for each tourney from now on, It'll be just like SportsCenter. See you at the game room.
25: Liptonbuddy :mario2:- Was thrilled to see you make it out to AA finally. Old school MI should make a full comeback, or are they afraid to get rolled by new school MI? :p
33: Warlock Don :ganondorf:- Your side comments are the most hilarious to hear, good stuff for coming out to this one. We'll play some friendlies next time either here or over in east MI.
33: Dr. D - Thanks for coming out again, maybe we'll head down to Toledo one of these days to teach you guys some lessons!
33: Aceplayer :drmario: - Keep up the good work Chris, you're way better than you were just two months ago. Thanks for letting me borrow the setup too.
33: Hellsinglover :marth:- Protip, if you want to friendly me, ask me if I want to get *****, then I'll have no choice but to tell you to sit down and show you how it's done!
33: IBR - Nice to meet you, we didn't play friendlies but you and Yoshi should definitely hit up some more of these tournies!
33: okiyama :fox:- Good to see you back in action here, if you were mad rusty then you know what to do... hit up our Smashfests and start ******.

BloodyJoker

Smash Apprentice
Too bad teams footage is gone. Michigan was about to have it's own Zelda combo video. ^^

5UCK

Smash Rookie
great tournament, but i didnt get to enter in any events due to the weather. top drivers really showed up though. shout out to kzhu and abu for playing well and reppin the top drivers. see you guys at the next tournament.

kalamazhu

Smash Journeyman
Gotta love that 5uck! reppin kirby and revolutionizing his metagame!.
sooo shoutouts

1: Duck ($92) Good job winnin the tourney. sad that i didnt get to play u tho. I love peach samus on DL 64 low key.
2: Shady ($46) GGs in doubles
3: Velynn ($28) Pro tip: watch out for Abu next time :)
4: Taki ($19) ggs in teams.

6: Moose u ***** me hard
7: SCOTU damnit im still mad about saving you
7: Kalamazhu :)
9: Juggleguy GGs and Great tourney dude! Best ive ever been to. Looking forward to attending more. love the new format too!
9: Brainjack doesnt it feel like yesterday that you were training me in Dr. D's room?
11: Carroll pretty hype match! even on CARROLL FIELD

13: Soul chill guy

13: Abu kinglit approves!!
17: Junglefever look at you!

21: BloodyJoker your zelda reminds me of kinglit!
21: Yoshi101 ur name is so damn decieving. be jigglypuff101 plz

25: 3Chairz RAYYY

25: Slamus gg in pools

33: Aceplayer niceguy nice meeting you

Top Drivers expecting a larger appearence next tourney:
Kinglit should be attending this time
A tree may make his first appearance
5uck
Abu
Idk if i can i have japanese quiz bowl on that day.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
1: Duck ($92)- Congrats on winning, ur samus reminds me a lot of this other samus i know, his name is a tree and he likes to side dodge
2: Shady ($46) - Nice job in teams

4: Taki ($19) - Pretty good fox, nice job beating me in teams as well as singles
5: Shaeden - Good falco, thanks for the match
6: Moose - Nice job winning teams

7: Kalamazhu - U remind me of kinglit
9: Juggleguy - Thanks for hosting the tournament, looking forward to next time, hopefully ill be able to play you.
9: Brainjack - Nice set
11: Carroll - You got the best of me this time, my sincere apoligies for counterpicking Brinstar

13: Abu- Im good
17: Junglefever - I like up throw rest

17: Gio- Thanks for dash attacking me

21: BloodyJoker - Ur the 2nd best zelda i know after kinglit
21: Yoshi101 - Nice job in the jigglypuff ditto

25: 3Chairz - RAY SALTIES FINAL D

33: Aceplayer - Pretty good given the short amount of time you've been playing this game, looking forward to seeing you next time

PancakePanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
FedExGanon
lol Thanks for the shout there Juggle. I'll make sure not to be discouraged by all the ******. :-P

Can't wait for the next one!

Shady - Thanks for beating my *** like a real pro. I'll get better, maybe do more shines next time I get against. I had a good roll or two, but you certainly taught me a lot about getting roll'd.
Kail - I swear, Dr. D and I coulda done better in teams. Maybe if we had another shot... Anyways, good playin' against ya. I'll just stick to Fox next time. I think you'd have a blast playin' against Quaa.
Brainjack - Had no idea what to expect, and I still suck at approaching Marth. Good job man, you really took it up to ninth!
Dr. D - Look, I won't say it, okay?
DaBlackPacMan - DAMN man, playin' against that Link of yours in inspiring! I swear those pools matches were close, but you came out on top both times. Good job man, I'll see you again soon.
Dre - Same thing with DMPM, except I hate Pika :}. Close mathes, but well done.
IBR - Good to see you man. Just calm down for the next one and show us how you really roll. ;)
Soul - Dude, you're fun to watch!

!Quaa! and Lous - Come to the next one so you can make it out of pools. Oh wait... trolllolololol

These will be much more convenient to attend if I become a grad student up there. See ya guys!

~Crash

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
I'll have my shoutouts soon, but in video form (cuz I'm making a little videos of that day cuz I'm a loser like that <333)

Aceplayer

Smash Journeyman
Melee Singles (37 entrants total)
1: Duck ($92) :samus2: - Samus is like a really good character and stuff, I'm sure we will play even more in the future.
2: Shady ($46) :marth: :fox: - Nice job repping MSU, I'm a fan of Marth.
3: Velynn ($28) :jigglypuff: - Thanks for the advice.
4: Taki ($19) :fox: - Nice meeting some Pittsburg Guys
5: Shaeden :falco: :fox: - GGs in Pools
6: Moose :falco: - Doing work in the brackets, I'm a fan.
7: SCOTU :fox: - Still hella good
7: Kalamazhu :peach: - Nice meeting you too, can't fully remember :/ haha
9: Juggleguy :falcon: - I wanna be the very best...like no one ever was...and my pools were way closer than this suggest :/
9: Brainjack :marth: :falco: - GGs in Pools
11: Carroll :marth: :falcon: - Stupid pause/unpause mindgame during GF is too good, Nice meeting you. CU around
11: SilentSwag :sheik: :fox: - Nice meeting you, better than me at such a young age haha.
13: Soul :mario2: - One day hopefully the doctor can take down the normal :)
13: Kail :ganondorf: :falco: - Still didn't get any games in but had fun watching your ganon.
13: Abu :jigglypuff: - Man our games were super close, I promise to get better.
17: Junglefever :sheik: :falco: - I'll keep improving don't you worry.
17: Dablackpacman :link2: - Awesome link dittos. Just you wait for the future.
17: Gio :sheik: - Too much brawl :(, Nice though
21: Yoshi101 :jigglypuff: :mario2: - 1 hit in 2 games and that set would have been totally different, choking is what I do I guess.
21: Rye :fox: - Beat your ness in friendlies, whats really good, haha lets play more in the future.
25: Kagu :falco: - Salty about RC haha
25: roki :fox: :falco: - Hella Salty about RC, I'll wreck you all day with even ganondorf though. I see you being all try hard. One day my ****ty character will win haha.
25: Mhmm :falco: - Fun teaming together :)
25: 3Chairz :sheik: - So much CGing haha, need to play more in future, since we didnt get to this time.
25: Slamus :samus2: - Such an epic name, slammed our waittress and everything.
25: Liptonbuddy :mario2: - Nice meeting you, thanks for sharing some knowledge
33: Warlock Don :ganondorf: - I had fun playing your with your ganon in friendly teams.
33: Aceplayer :drmario: - Love this guy

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5dy74CdzI

Well, here is my recap of this weekend/day really. My shoutout are at the end. This mostly contains
1) Heading to the tourney (me and my friends)
2) Tourney Videos (mostly for the crowd reaction)
3) Photos I took
There are additional Videos (in the description) I had cuz my camera died that are for crowd reactions too.
Please don't degrade the video for how badly it sucks too much pl0x <3

If I forgot anyone or anything, sorry :x I'm a n00b, what do you expect? Lol <3

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to delay videos until next week due to exams on Monday and Tuesday.

First time I've ever failed to upload videos within one week =\ even with the 300 matches or so I recorded at Pound 4

zDuck

Smash Journeyman
finally have the time to do shoutouts

1: Duck - 1st tournament win ever :D
2: Shady - good **** dude, you've done what nobody in MI has done before with the exception of shaeden
3: Velynn - i would've lost >.>
4: Taki - mad technical, i didn't know you could shine OOS to U-smash against samus, awesome games
5: Shaeden - you're still really good
6: Moose - lol
7: SCOTU - 7th place after not playing in forever, not bad haha
7: Kalamazhu - looking really good out there
9: Juggleguy - 6th pillar! good **** with hosting and what not
9: Brainjack - step it up, can't be placing lower than top driver lol
11: Carroll - good games dude, teams was soooo clutch. I don't think i've ever played the same person 4 times in bracket/pools before lol
11: SilentSwag - good friendlies
13: Botulismnator - coming back lol, gotta get rid of that rust
13: Soul - mario lol
13: Kail - ouch, get counterpicked really hard. Double blind next time
17: Junglefever - lolololololololol
17: Dablackpacman - that link
17: Gio - lol 17th hahaha
21: Dre - good **** in teams, mad clutch
21: BloodyJoker - zelda is a good *** character
21: Yoshi101 - too bad we didn't actually get to play
21: Rye - i heard your ness is beast
25: Kagu - always good seeing you
25: roki - gotta step it up
25: 3Chairz - that rayguarding
25: Slamus - yay samus main :D
25: Chad - gotta step it up
33: Warlock Don - nice to see someone who actively wants to improve
33: Aceplayer - ggs, we'll play more
33: Hellsinglover - good friendlies

shoutout to rat for being awesome
to everyone else, thanks for coming

BloodyJoker

Smash Apprentice
Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to delay videos until next week due to exams on Monday and Tuesday.

First time I've ever failed to upload videos within one week =\ even with the 300 matches or so I recorded at Pound 4
...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

lmao jk jk. good luck on exams. imma be trollin kids all weekend in Spire

Moooose

Smash Champion
i just realized... i got further in bracket by getting second seed in my pool to kzhu... assuming i would have beaten scotu then lost to shaeden and taki

3chairz

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the late shoutouts guys. Similar to duck and juggleguy, my week has been wreaked (is that a word?) with hws and midterms.

...NO JOHNS.

Anyways, this is my 2nd shoutouts of all time, though I didn't play that many ppl this tourney. Hopefully I'll get to play you (plural (people I missed)) on 3/19.

Melee Singles (37 entrants total)
1: Duck ($92) --> Broken character johns. Samus puts pika in 64 and metaknight to shame.
2: Shady ($46) --> I didn't know you have such a good fox! It was great watching your games.
3: Velynn ($28) --> your falco is surprisingly good!
4: Taki ($19) --> reinventing metagame! (jab usmash)
5: Shaeden --> good **** getting 5th even though you seem to be having a bad day!
6: Moose --> We should play more! Amazing teams games.
7: SCOTU --> We didn't play but we should! We both go to UM after all.
7: Kalamazhu --> Much different peach from what I'm used to (FJW). You combo quite hard, which is pretty awesome for peach.
9: Juggleguy --> Great tourney! Though I didn't get to watch much of your games this tourney... Oh, and jugglefield!
9: Brainjack --> We go to the same school yet i've never even seen you! this has to change.
11: Carroll --> That last spike in teams was insane. Good puff, fun to watch.
11: SilentSwag --> Unfortunately, we neither played nor spoke. I hope we do next time though! And even though I have no character pride, sheik FOR LIFE.
13: Botulismnator --> I remember you from SWEET I. You were nice enough to play with me for nearly 3 hrs even though I'm a super nub.
13: Soul --> hella tight mario! We have to play next time!
13: Kail --> even though we didn't get to MM, it was still awesome playing srslies/tutorials with you. Thanks for your help! Too bad you didn't get to play duck (and didn't know that a certain falcon player (forgot his name) plays marth too).
13: Abu --> Unfortunately, we neither played nor spoke (how do you know my real name?). I hope we do next time though! I saw bits and pieces of your puff though, and it looks mad legit.
17: Junglefever --> MSU! I still remember that pools match in sweet II or something when you shine-usmashed/shine-grabbed me for 8 stocks. We should play again next tourney!
17: Dablackpacman --> I heard your link is mad legit. We should play next tourney!
17: Gio --> mad salt. I'll get better at that sheik ditto matchup. heard you're good at ssb 64 - we should play!
17: SlayerTokey --> I remember playing you in one of the sweets. Possibly one of the most outrageous falcons i've seen.
21: Dre --> GJ TEAMS. Mad clutch marth.
21: BloodyJoker --> I've met you but I've barely played you! Need more of that fox/zelda training ^^.
21: Yoshi101 --> We neither played nor spoke. Hopefully I'll see you on march 19th.
21: Rye --> We neither played nor spoke. Hopefully I'll see you on march 19th.
25: Kagu --> We neither played nor spoke. Hopefully I'll see you on march 19th.
25: roki --> It's pronounced rocky guys.
25: Mhmm --> We neither played nor spoke. Hopefully I'll see you on march 19th.
25: 3Chairz --> No school johns. get better.
25: Crash --> For some reason, your name sounds familiar, but I can neither recall your main nor what you look like. Oh well, hopefully see u march 19th.
25: Slamus --> SAMUS IS BROKEN. GGs in pools. I'll get more of that duck training and be back with salt next tourney.
25: Chad --> Bad luck in brackets. Hope you do better next time (and please train me on that fox matchup :()
25: Liptonbuddy --> Old school mario! Totally different style than I'm used to. It was fun playing you.
33: Warlock Don --> Your name is pretty cool. ...but we neither played nor spoke, so hopefully I'll see you on march 19th.
33: Dr. D --> We neither played nor spoke. Hopefully I'll see you on march 19th.
33: Aceplayer --> We neither played nor spoke. Hopefully I'll see you on march 19th.
33: Hellsinglover --> We neither played nor spoke. Hopefully I'll see you on march 19th.
33: IBR --> We neither played nor spoke. Hopefully I'll see you on march 19th.
33: okiyama --> Words cannot describe the amount of salt that our pools games have produced. I'll get better at that fox matchup so please MM me next time.

Top Bottom