• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's the best and the worst Assist Trophy [Spoilers]

Kajitora

Smash Apprentice

* Andross
* Barbara
* Devil ("Demon" in Europe)
* Dr. Wright
* Excitebike
* Gray Fox ("Cyborg Ninja" in Japan)
* Hammer Bro.
* Helirin
* Infantry and Tanks
* Isaac ("Robin" in Japan)
* Jill and Drill Dozer ("Dori Kururi & Rasanda 8" in Japan)
* Jeff
* Kat & Ana
* Knuckle Joe
* Lakitu ("Jugemu" in Japan)
* Little Mac
* Lyn
* Metroid
* Mr. Resetti ("Mr. Reset" in Japan)
* Nintendog
* Ray MK III
* Samurai Goroh
* Saki Amamiya
* Shadow the Hedgehog
* Stafy
* Tingle
* Waluigi
Above you see all the characters in the assist trophies, now list the best five and worst five and state a reason for the best one and a reason for the worst one.
EX:
Best
1. Ray MK III-
He has possibly the best range, hit percentage, and knock back of most of the assist trophies, not to mention his lifespan is kinda long
2. Shadow
3. Kat & Ana
4. Knuckle Joe
5. Gray fox

Worst
1. OBVIOUSLY Mr. Resetti .... do i need to explain?
(because there was no need for 1 to be explained i'll explain 2)
2. Nintendog ... ok so bigger shorter version of mr. resetti LOL
3. Devil
4. Helirin
5. Dr. Wright (quite frankly if you can't dodge him 9 out of 10 times .... don't play)

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
Nintendogs, is the worst because Mr. Resseti actually says some funny stuff

The Best is Lyn or one of the other people you mentioned

DNasty

Smash Rookie
The Best: Grey Fox, the fat guy with the sword, the boxer, waluigi, Custom Robo, the kid who shoots the rockets and of course the girl ninja with green hair. Sorry I dont know the names but I've never heard of most of them.

The worst: The propellar thing, seriously, its the goldeen of assist trophies, then there is the annoying little star which can be easily knocked away.

Ørion

Smash Ace
I dont usually play with items, but I'll give it a shot:

Best: My favorites are Lyn because I like fire emblem, and Andros because he is hard to dodge and can be used to set up aerial combos if you have a character with good aerials, especially the uair.

Worst: as everyone said, Mr. Resseti, he hinders the player and the opponent and is so annoying.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I say the best one is Saki (i think that's his name) because he actually helps out a lot by spamming bullets, following your opponent, and attacking then with his sword when they're close enough. The worst is definately the nintendog. It doesn't even help you in any way :ohwell:

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
Lyn is obviously the best. I don't know how anyone could dispute it, it's pretty much an instant kill unless you get the invisibility frames of a ledge cling.

Worst are the assist trophies which cause no damage, such as resetti, devil or nintendogs.

icicleblade

Smash Apprentice
I like Isaac, Lyn, and Waluigi. Isaac because he's really useful on a flat stage, Lyn because I like Fire Emblem, and Waluigi just because watching him stomp people into the ground is hilarious.

Worst: Devil.
Mr. Resetti says funny stuff sometimes, and Nintendogs is cute.

Kajitora

Smash Apprentice
Lyn is obviously the best. I don't know how anyone could dispute it, it's pretty much an instant kill unless you get the invisibility frames of a ledge cling.

Worst are the assist trophies which cause no damage, such as resetti, devil or nintendogs.
I disagree lyn is simple to dodge once you get the timing and all it takes is a sidestep or spammed rolls

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Best : Gray Fox and Resseti

Worst : Stafy :rolleyes:

Not-Beef

Smash Apprentice
I live on P.E.I. Never heard of it? It's in Canada
I never had any problem dodging Lyn. In fact, she's never hit me. The best trophy is Resetti. He helps me to no end. I have no problem whatsoever ignoring him or just watching the battle and my enemy's just like, "**** ******* *** ****!!!11!1". Then I can just watch the funny messages once I've scored my almost free K.O.

Nintendogs, though, I hate to death.

CT_Emerl

Smash Cadet
Best
. Gray fox: Quick, has high recovery and can teleport, his sword can reflect projectiles
. Lyn: basically its meta knights final smash, so hold your opponent for a clean hit
.Knuckle Joe: Vulcan jab FTW
. Issac: "move" <- that technique makes opponets hard to recover, he only uses it three times though
. saaki; Great projectile game :3, pretty good recovery, follows opponents with sword

Worst
.Stafy: just twirls around unless you hit him enough then he will explode but the hitbox is small
.Resetti: Just blabs his mouth for a min or 2
.Nintendogs:obscures the screen,,,
.Helrin: only if you can get your opponent in between him and a platform he doesn't do nothing
.lil mac: No recovery whatsoever, nice jabs tho

Top Bottom