• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's the best partner for Zelda in dubz

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
just wondering, just what type of characters make it a good combo. I'd say mainly she's a KOer, so someone who can rack up damage easily, and probably someone quick.

D

Deleted member

me and my brother use zelda and ness

ness can dair spike kill at 0%, and zelda can heal him with dins fire

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
well, i guess GW would be good right? he can bucket her din's fire and get a very good KO move.
And you are right, my official partner mains Game & Watch and we call out team, "Din's Bucket", lol. We make a good team but unfortunately we haven't been able to play 2v2s lately...

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Whenever I think of doing the GW + Zelda team, I remember that ZSS is better than Zelda for the purpose of filling GW's Bucket to max. ZSS's paralyze moves also do double duty in making them sit still for easier bucket connections.

Iris

Smash Ace
I was just thinking how Zelda and ZSS could make a good team, simply for the paralyzer to Lightning Kick combo.

But really, Zelda's a good teammate for a lot of characters, G&W and the Mother kids simply have an extra perk.

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
Whenever I think of doing the GW + Zelda team, I remember that ZSS is better than Zelda for the purpose of filling GW's Bucket to max. ZSS's paralyze moves also do double duty in making them sit still for easier bucket connections.
It all depends on the situation, sure ZSS is better at filling the bucket on close range, however, most situations fall were possibly the G&W is getting ***** (this happens often to my partner) by both opponents on one side of the stage while I'm camping on the other edge (lol), at the right time, I shoot a Din's Fire at them and as soon as he has the slightest possibility to pull out the bucket, he will while Din's Fire hitbox hits everyone else. If I keep doing this correctly the bucket will be filled in no time whatsoever. Sure sounds like a "no duh" strategy, but it works 95% of the time, surprisingly. Zero Suit Samus can't do this.

I was just thinking how Zelda and ZSS could make a good team, simply for the paralyzer to Lightning Kick combo.

But really, Zelda's a good teammate for a lot of characters, G&W and the Mother kids simply have an extra perk.
I already tried that, it wasn't a good team at all but is probably because we weren't used to having each other as partners. He did main ZSS and was good and all but it just was a bad team xD. Again, it was probably just us, lol.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I wonder how Zelda and Sheik would go together.
I personally think she'd be a great partner since Sheik can rack very quick damage while Zelda demolishes. Also, switching would be much easier since the game would already have both loaded, and if both people playing can both play well with Zelda/Sheik than reversing the role can be possible by just switching with the Zelda becoming Sheik and attacking while Sheik becomes Zelda and does the killing.

I don't think either would feel move decay with this strategy. But this is all just theory. :laugh:

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
I personally think she'd be a great partner since Sheik can rack very quick damage while Zelda demolishes. Also, switching would be much easier since the game would already have both loaded, and if both people playing can both play well with Zelda/Sheik than reversing the role can be possible by just switching with the Zelda becoming Sheik and attacking while Sheik becomes Zelda and does the killing.

I don't think either would feel move decay with this strategy. But this is all just theory. :laugh:
Yeah, it sounds pretty effective, but wouldn't the same thing be said for Pokemon Trainer? In fact, I think it would work better on him.

I've tried Double Zelda before but not Zelda + Sheik. And I don't like that both have to have the same colors (obviously) because even if one is shaded, it's still confusing, lol (and I don't go reading name tags xD).

S2

Smash Lord
Zelda does well with a lot of characters.

Especially if you can stand behind a partner and spam.

I've done a lot of tournaments with a Link player. It works out really well because he can play aggressive while I either play defensive or support with Din's. Plus he's got projectiles, so we can do double projectile games if need be.

Boomerang+arrow+Din's can make a very hard wall to bypass or simply dodge.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Yeah, it sounds pretty effective, but wouldn't the same thing be said for Pokemon Trainer? In fact, I think it would work better on him.

I've tried Double Zelda before but not Zelda + Sheik. And I don't like that both have to have the same colors (obviously) because even if one is shaded, it's still confusing, lol (and I don't go reading name tags xD).
Sure, PT would be fine as well if PT is the partner. As far as the name/color issues, it is worthwhile sacrifice if it produces a win lol.

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
Zelda does well with a lot of characters.

Especially if you can stand behind a partner and spam.

I've done a lot of tournaments with a Link player. It works out really well because he can play aggressive while I either play defensive or support with Din's. Plus he's got projectiles, so we can do double projectile games if need be.

Boomerang+arrow+Din's can make a very hard wall to bypass or simply dodge.
Though what if you were playing a Fox + Game & Watch? I think Reflector + Bucket would easily win >.>'

The closest thing I've seen like that though, is a double Blaster spammy Wolfs, lol.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I don't really care about loading times. There are numerous ways to transform without taking damage.

I really want to try this out now.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
It all depends on the situation, sure ZSS is better at filling the bucket on close range, however, most situations fall were possibly the G&W is getting ***** (this happens often to my partner) by both opponents on one side of the stage while I'm camping on the other edge (lol), at the right time, I shoot a Din's Fire at them and as soon as he has the slightest possibility to pull out the bucket, he will while Din's Fire hitbox hits everyone else. If I keep doing this correctly the bucket will be filled in no time whatsoever. Sure sounds like a "no duh" strategy, but it works 95% of the time, surprisingly. Zero Suit Samus can't do this.
This is a highly spurious hypothetical. Good teams won't let a Din's Fire from afar get eaten by GW. They'll either be on GW, or on you for trying. Using Din's to max out the bucket isn't nearly as easily done as you're saying it is. ZSS however, can easily do it without leaving herself or GW open and they are reay to defend one another.

mmf

Smash Rookie
Yeah my friend and I use the Zelda+G&W combo. Went to a team tourny recently and owned at it, yelling out "Din's Bucket" everytime for a hit. Kinda surprised me when I saw that someone else had the same war chant as us lol. Also we've found Wario and Zelda work well together to.....for some reason >_>

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
Yeah my friend and I use the Zelda+G&W combo. Went to a team tourny recently and owned at it, yelling out "Din's Bucket" everytime for a hit. Kinda surprised me when I saw that someone else had the same war chant as us lol. Also we've found Wario and Zelda work well together to.....for some reason >_>
lol, and here I was thinking I was the one who came up with the "Din's Bucket" think, guess I was really off xD. From my view G&W is the best part for Zelda.

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
Snake and Zelda are a good team. Snake can life camp and kill with up-tilt and stuff. Zelda can save Snake with Din's Fire. Snake can rack up damage and Zelda can kill, or vice-versa. Me and my friend who have never teamed together just got first in a doubles tourney with Snake and Zelda against really good players. Multiple Meta+Snake/Meta+Falco/Meta+DDD teams(too many Metaknights lol.)

Satyrium

Smash Cadet
I'm bumping this due to the fact that i'd like to know more people's thoughts on this. Since zelda works well with damage dealers, wouldn't pit do well?

MetaRidleyX

Smash Apprentice
Some friends of mine like making a zelda+diddy or a zelda+ganon team. Both work very well. Zelda and Diddy, when used the way my friends do, can keep the damage coming very quickly. Although, a team the me and another friend have created to counter this works just as well. Yoshi+Ike, basically what we call team dragonslayer, the dragon being yoshi and the slayer being Ike.
Anyways, a zelda+diddy team if a very formidable force.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
Call me a believer of Chivalry but I like Zelda with either Link, Ike, or Marth.;)

Link and Zelda: What else needs to be said?

Ike and Zelda: Powerful multi-hit smashes combined with just powerful smashes are a good combination in my opinion. While an opponent is trapped inside one of Zelda's smashes, Ike can charge up the appropriate smash and score a KO.

Marth and Zelda: Quick and powerful combined with Multi hit Smashes are also a good combination. Marth can also keep the opponent busy while Zelda Din-Fire Spams but that has its flaws.:ohwell:

Of course, not everything is determined by smashes so if someone needs me to go into detail with the teams, ask pls.;)

Anyway, in the end, it really doesn't matter what character is being paired up with Zelda, the important thing is that both players are comfortable with the pair and their chosen characters.;)

Sy3

Smash Cadet
Game and watch for sure...Just because you can fill the bucket, then you [Zelda] Down throw -> to bucket, the down throw always gets em at a angle that's like..inescapable.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
ive heard of falco and zelda as working as an amazing spam wall. The most gimmicky (and still probably VERY effective) teams would be Zelda + G&W/Ness/Lucas. Frankly i think Zelda+Snake makes a lot of sense. You can blow up his grenades, mines, etc when he needs them blown up and you wouldn't be afraid of getting him caught in a dins fire because he lives to infite%

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Ike and Zelda: Powerful multi-hit smashes combined with just powerful smashes are a good combination in my opinion. While an opponent is trapped inside one of Zelda's smashes, Ike can charge up the appropriate smash and score a KO.
This idea isn't even good on paper, unless you have team attack off.

And with team attack off the ultimate partners are pikachu or meta knight.

Iris

Smash Ace
Toon Link and Zelda worked pretty well last time I tried. Both have a lot of range and versatility on their projectiles, so they can destroy approaches.

~Peachy~

This idea isn't even good on paper, unless you have team attack off.

And with team attack off the ultimate partners are pikachu or meta knight.
Wow... thanks for the flame. It didn't hurt though.;)

Last time I checked, people were entitled to their opinions, so back off sweety.

First off, the original poster never said if Friendly Fire was on or off in his situation, so that means either situation can be assumed.

And ideas that don't sound good on paper aren't always bad, remember that. ;) I remember using that combination and it worked quite well.

And you stating that "the ultimate partners are pikachu or metaknight" mean nothing without an explanation, so don't dish out the flames if you can't take the heat, k?;)

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace

Last time I checked, people were entitled to their opinions, so back off sweety.

First off, the original poster never said if Friendly Fire was on or off in his situation, so that means either situation can be assumed.

And ideas that don't sound good on paper aren't always bad, remember that. ;) I remember using that combination and it worked quite well.

And you stating that "the ultimate partners are pikachu or metaknight" mean nothing without an explanation, so don't dish out the flames if you can't take the heat, k?;)
dude, there are so many things wrong with this post, but if it weren't for the "people were entitled to their opinions" bs i wouldn't respond.

We're on smashboards, it's pretty safe to assume the guy isn't talking about friendlies, he's talking about tournaments. I dont even compete in doubles, nor do i watch it, but ever since melee i know that 2v2 has friendly fire on, so no, both cannot be assumed unless you acknowledge that you took an extremely low probablity chance thinking that FF was on.

most ideas that don't sound good on paper are bad. And here's why ike+zelda is a bad idea. You mentioned the multihit smashes, so that's all I'll refute. Even with the hits zelda's fsmash is faster than ikes fsmash so there's no way he'll get it off in time, especially when he needs to space it so he doesn't kill zelda. And usmash....lol, dead zelda.

the last point by rykoshet was if FF was off so i dont even care for that because if i do 2v2 im doing it with FF on so i can practice in case i do a tourny

~Peachy~

dude, there are so many things wrong with this post, but if it weren't for the "people were entitled to their opinions" bs i wouldn't respond.

We're on smashboards, it's pretty safe to assume the guy isn't talking about friendlies, he's talking about tournaments. I dont even compete in doubles, nor do i watch it, but ever since melee i know that 2v2 has friendly fire on, so no, both cannot be assumed unless you acknowledge that you took an extremely low probablity chance thinking that FF was on.

most ideas that don't sound good on paper are bad. And here's why ike+zelda is a bad idea. You mentioned the multihit smashes, so that's all I'll refute. Even with the hits zelda's fsmash is faster than ikes fsmash so there's no way he'll get it off in time, especially when he needs to space it so he doesn't kill zelda. And usmash....lol, dead zelda.

the last point by rykoshet was if FF was off so i dont even care for that because if i do 2v2 im doing it with FF on so i can practice in case i do a tourny
First off, I'm not a "Dude". So back off with that.

And... WHOAH! People aren't entitled to their opinions? Now THAT'S BS. Last time I checked, we weren't under a king and everyone had to speak the same opinion.

Both cases can't be assumed? Aaaaahh... no, big wrong there. Both cases can be assumed due to the fact that the OP didn't specify the conditions being held. He never said tourneys, friendlies, w/e.

Even if he did mention it was a tournament, who said all tournaments held the same rules on FF? Of course, you may argue that only "REAL" competitive tournaments always have Friendly fire on. And if you did, I would slap you upside the head. Cause you know why? Not all Double tournaments have FF on, no matter how good they are. I don't know how many times I will have to repeat this for you. <__<

What else did you write... oh yes. you said "Most good ideas that don't sound good on paper are not good". Well, you said it yourself. MOST, not ALL. Big difference there. And here my example is a good exception to that "most"

And about the Zelda's Fsmash + Ike's Fsmash combo or w/e it is. Have you ever heard of Charging a smash button? If you don't... I can't help you. But if you do, you would already realize that you can keep hit them at the same time if timed right. <__<

And if your opponent's are in the middle of the stage and Ike and Zelda are on either side, you can surround them. Simple, easy, and effective. But I guess your mind is too dense to realize a potent combo when you see one.

And obviously, if said, Friendly Fire was on, then you would assume you are playing a "decent tournament" If you would assume that, then why not assume a decent Ike is playing alongside Zelda? Any decent Ike would know how to space things correctly. Furthermore, if you assume you're playing in a doubles tourney with Friendly Fire on, you would also assume that your partner is decent enough to be able to keep from hitting you with an obvious attack.

And lastly, Rykoshet also assumed both situations of Team battles. So that would negate your whole second paragraph due to the fact that you're defending someone who also assumed both cases whereas you're assuming one.

What a waste of time.......making me argue a senseless debate. I hope your happy.;)

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
....Hey guys. It's my opinion that the sky is red. Please don't flame it's my opinion.

How well can a Pit control his arrows? I have no clue I haven't really touched Pit at all.
In any case I'm leaning towards the Zelda GaW combo, for the Zelda. For the GaW, ZSS would be a better teammate for obvious reasons.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
....Hey guys. It's my opinion that the sky is red. Please don't flame it's my opinion.

How well can a Pit control his arrows? I have no clue I haven't really touched Pit at all.
In any case I'm leaning towards the Zelda GaW combo, for the Zelda. For the GaW, ZSS would be a better teammate for obvious reasons.
pit's can control it pretty well it's not all that hard honestly, the real tough one is when you aim it up and curve it sideways...

and the sky is blue, noob

i c wat u did thar

~Peachy~

Don't worry. I won't flame you. Just put Fail picture . ;)

I usually go against putting these up, but in your case, it just had to be done.;)

And a good Pit can control his arrows fairly well.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion

For one, a flame is an insult, calling a bad idea a bad idea is not insulting in the slightest. An insult would be "your opinion is stupid and you should feel stupid for expressing it", which in this case also applies.

When I said that it wasn't a good idea, EVEN on paper it means that in theory it sucks, and in application it thoroughly sucks. Zelda and Ike's best options in doubles are honestly to take the far ends of each stage and keep their opponents in the middle/above them. Both have hard hitting disjointed attacks that can and will run the risk of running into eachother if they get too close. If you surround your opponent and trade off pushing them from one side to the other you stand a far better chance than using zelda's multi hitters to set up a KO move that stands just as much to hit her as it it stands to hit the opponent, and the ***** is light so you don't want to be throwing out smashes while her hands are still out unless you want to blast her stock into next week.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Ic-rZMIvbw&fmt=18

It's not that the team up is bad, just that your way of playing said team up is ****ing laughable.

The reason I brought up FF being off at all was because the only way your idea works practically is if ike can't hit zelda or vice versa, but in situations where that's the case you're better off having one person mach tornado your opponents into hard hitting smashes, or spamming the living **** out of pikachu's down smash. I don't play with team attack off so frankly it doesn't apply to me.

~Peachy~

For one, a flame is an insult, calling a bad idea a bad idea is not insulting in the slightest. An insult would be "your opinion is stupid and you should feel stupid for expressing it", which in this case also applies.

When I said that it wasn't a good idea, EVEN on paper it means that in theory it sucks, and in application it thoroughly sucks. Zelda and Ike's best options in doubles are honestly to take the far ends of each stage and keep their opponents in the middle/above them. Both have hard hitting disjointed attacks that can and will run the risk of running into eachother if they get too close. If you surround your opponent and trade off pushing them from one side to the other you stand a far better chance than using zelda's multi hitters to set up a KO move that stands just as much to hit her as it it stands to hit the opponent, and the ***** is light so you don't want to be throwing out smashes while her hands are still out unless you want to blast her stock into next week.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Ic-rZMIvbw&fmt=18

The reason I brought up FF being off at all was because the only way your idea works practically is if ike can't hit zelda or vice versa, but in situations where that's the case you're better off having one person mach tornado your opponents into hard hitting smashes, or spamming the living **** out of pikachu's down smash. I don't play with team attack off so frankly it doesn't apply to me.
<__< Unnnngghhh.... this is getting pointless. :ohwell: Listen, instead of me typing a whole rant AGAIN for you, please look at my other post it because it plainly says everything needed to be said. And if you need me to explain more to you, do it through pm. .;) Because I'm not one to rant against seemingly arrogant people . So if its okay with you, I'd like to end this pointless and annoying argument here.;)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is stupid, people. I can stand the Zelda boards. Every time I come in here, there's either a flame war, (and yes, that's called flaming) or someone is making a thread about why sheik is a hard matchup for sheik. Come on people.

~Peachy~

This is stupid, people. I can stand the Zelda boards. Every time I come in here, there's either a flame war, (and yes, that's called flaming) or someone is making a thread about why sheik is a hard matchup for sheik. Come on people.

I agree whole-heartedly! Ironic isn't it?;)

Anyway, I really hope this flame war ended and we can now go back to our merry lives..=D

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
ok, honestly you incited most of the flame, Peachy. The proper response when someone confronts you with an opposing opinion is not 'STOP FLAMING ITS MY OPINION' it's, 'I'd like you to explain your point of view on why you think that, and here I'll present why I think this way'. This is true not just here, but in life. So seriously, grow up.

Top Bottom