• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who's the better capcom rep for brawl

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
megaman isn't the main of all of the series, just his. and since he is the original he can be called the mascot of the combined series, but considering the original megaman doesn't even make an appearance in most of the newer series, is is by no means the main of them, just an overall mascot.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
yeah he is the overall mascot of all the series, whereas it is arguable if ryu is the mascot of the street fighter sreies

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
For capcom, Leon Kennedy hands down.

If you're just adding Ryu to the list because he was already in a fighter, a better fighter to be added would be someone from Killer Instinct, since that was a Nintendo fighter, and wouldn't take away from the limited 3rd party choices we get to have.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
well not only because ryu is already a fighter, he is an interesting character who in my opinion could add something new to the game. he was also the father of fighting games, and sort of a fighting game mascot, next to scorpion from MK series. now i am aware that he has slim chances, but it is nice to dream.

and although it is arguable that he might not be the main, he is one of the ones that stand out most and he has been in every street fighter game. i think if you surveyed a 1000 people, more of them would know ryu then the other characters from the series, like blanka, dahlism, or chung li

Conker1

Smash Ace
yeah he is the overall mascot of all the series, whereas it is arguable if ryu is the mascot of the street fighter sreies
Ryu is the mascot of the series. He and Ken are the only ones to be every Street Fighter game, and he is the only one to appear in every single Street Fighter related game.

Conker1

Smash Ace
Ryu is the mascot of the series. He and Ken are the only ones to be every Street Fighter game, and he is the only one to appear in every single Street Fighter related game.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Uuuuummmm.... Viewtiful Joe...?

Ryu wouldn't fit.
megaman would be better.

The only time I want to play as Ryu is in MvC2(my 2nd favorite fighting game ever).

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
of course ryu would fit if he got in. i mean look at snake, all he ever did in his games was sneak around and do stealth kills and wear camo and disguises, and he is gonna kickass in brawl. i mean in all of ryu's games he was fighting people, so he would fit in perfectly if he got in.

and regarding viewtiful.... no coment

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
Ryu would be cooler imo, even though megaman is the better rep. I would make ryu my main (he's been my fav street fighter character since street fighter ii on the genesis) and it would be so awesome to hurricane kick mario in the face

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
that would be funny if they put in commando considering he was the original capcom mascot, but it would also make me very angry

EazyP

Smash Ace
CapCom would be so top tier oh dear lord. Captain Corridor fills up the entire screen vertically, Captain Fire goes way too **** far, his friends always jumping in to help him out, Captain Sword...dear god, do not let it happen

ALSO RYU K THX

EazyP

Smash Ace
Or you can pit them against each other in a game of MvC2

The worlds best CapCom player would beat the worlds best MegaMan player, because CapCom has a top tier assist, and is just a better character than MegaMan. Capcom made the game and they decided that CapCom is better

Game over, go CapCom

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
agreed Legolastom

cap commandos chances of being in Brawl 0.1%

mega man's about 70%

you fail
Where did you get Megaman's percentage at? The only 3rd party character Sakurai has been looking into that he revealed (that means something) is Geno, and i would'nt even put him at such a percentage.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Megaman (rather see Geno and Sonic) but it does not influence the above statement.

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
Everytime you guys mention Ryu I assume your talking about the street fighter one.
Capcom have made alot of Ryu characters, including the one from Breath of Fire.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Where did you get Megaman's percentage at? The only 3rd party character Sakurai has been looking into that he revealed (that means something) is Geno, and i would'nt even put him at such a percentage.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Megaman (rather see Geno and Sonic) but it does not influence the above statement.
i got the about 70% from the rate this characters chances thread here on SWF and gamefaqs, etc. I know these are not facts but they are a good indication.

Trust me, Sakurai is aware of Mega man. Some people think Geno is the 2nd most requested 3rd party character, but it could be him or mega man. when sakurai released the results of his poll he didnt release a total tally, he only read off a few hence people gettin confused thinking geno is second most requested.

From my knowledge surfing boards and opinion poll mega is equally or more requested than Geno. plus, overall imo nintendo could profit more from mm being in the game (bigger fan base)

And I'm no Geno fan either but it didnt influence my statement. but Meta try to look at it from a casual gamer's standpoint, which headline would make more sense "Buy Smash Bros Brawl. You can play Mario vs. Sonic vs. Snake vs. Mega Man!!!!"
or ""Buy Smash Bros Brawl. You can play Mario vs. Sonic vs. Snake vs. Geno!!!!" the average gamer is going to say WTF???!!!! Geno????!!

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i also think the average gamer would react the same way to megaman, and also you are betting alot of this on what fans say. if i remember not many fans wanted snake in brawl back before we knew he was in it, so i think it all depends on what the people above us decide. i mean, no matter what characters they decide on for the slots, there will be people disapointed that their character made it in.this makes me strongly believe that the majority of the reasonable third party character choices have almost equal chances

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
^^^^^^
i'm sorry clark but you're wrong. most average gamers know who mega man is whether they like or dislike him. i have yet to see anyone in life or on this board ask who he is. you know why, because hes been around since 1987. his franchise is one of the best selling of ALL TIME.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
i got the about 70% from the rate this characters chances thread here on SWF and gamefaqs, etc. I know these are not facts but they are a good indication.

Trust me, Sakurai is aware of Mega man. Some people think Geno is the 2nd most requested 3rd party character, but it could be him or mega man. when sakurai released the results of his poll he didnt release a total tally, he only read off a few hence people gettin confused thinking geno is second most requested.

From my knowledge surfing boards and opinion poll mega is equally or more requested than Geno. plus, overall imo nintendo could profit more from mm being in the game (bigger fan base)

And I'm no Geno fan either but it didnt influence my statement. but Meta try to look at it from a casual gamer's standpoint, which headline would make more sense "Buy Smash Bros Brawl. You can play Mario vs. Sonic vs. Snake vs. Mega Man!!!!"
or ""Buy Smash Bros Brawl. You can play Mario vs. Sonic vs. Snake vs. Geno!!!!" the average gamer is going to say WTF???!!!! Geno????!!
Geno is defiantly more wanted. The official topic on this site on Geno has 2,000 more views then the megaman one. People are more interested in disscussions of Geno then Megaman.

The last part, thats really based off of opinion. I am a casual gamer, (but when Brawl comes out...) When i think of Geno in brawl i think epicness. Megaman, does have potential, but doesn't spark. Yet again, i don't play megaman games.

I have one question for you... have you ever played Super mario RPG legend of the seven stars? If you haven't play it now, it will most defiantly change your opinion. If you have, then you'll be hard to convince.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Geno is defiantly more wanted. The official topic on this site on Geno has 2,000 more views then the megaman one. People are more interested in disscussions of Geno then Megaman.

The last part, thats really based off of opinion. I am a casual gamer, (but when Brawl comes out...) When i think of Geno in brawl i think epicness. Megaman, does have potential, but doesn't spark. Yet again, i don't play megaman games.

I have one question for you... have you ever played Super mario RPG legend of the seven stars? If you haven't play it now, it will most defiantly change your opinion. If you have, then you'll be hard to convince.
to the first part that may be true on this site but not neccesarily overall.

to the second part, you probably associate Geno with epicness because of him being from an rpg, but i assure you if you had played more mm games he would seem epic too... all those battles with wiley or sigma coming down to the wire...:) brins a smile to my face

and no i've never played smrpg. maybe thats our problem. we truly dont understand each others characters lol. now that i think about it there is really no reason both cant get in. even though there is supposedly only 3 third party slots, remember this was not concrete and i cant see sakurai refusing capcom or square if they asked.... so heres to hopiing we have at least mm, geno, sonic, snake as third party.

which megaman
the original/classic started in 87'. but if he was in the game he would rep all the mm's and all of capcom. he could have some mm X moves, nt warrior, legends .etc. Just like classic mm has a shoryuken from SF, and MMX

Stryks

Smash Hero
And why exaclty is that? Will it KILL u to give reasons? Megaman has a bigger fanbase than joe or strider, zero is the sidekick and I doubt they'll add him, we might as well add Tails in there...

And if u mean MM zero, newsflash, its the same zero from the MMX games, only with his own series, and X is just a bigger version of the ORIGINAL, u know the one that was part of the NES era, who is far more recognizable and being the one that started the MM series...

El HP

Smash Ace
Just because megaman is more recognized doesn't mean he is better take Strider for example he is unique and brings a new fighting style same with viewtiful joe one of capcom's more originals games last gen there is Captain Commando another unique character.

Yes is MM Zero the one I was talking about again he is another unique character a sword wielder with long range weapons X is megaman's most recent design in the canon storyline of the series he fits better in the darker and more realistic atmosphere brawl has even the most recent canon game Megaman ZX is based on X not the original megaman.

Conker1

Smash Ace
Captain Commando sadly can't be in the game. If Captain Commando and Captain Falcon are the same screen at the same time, the resulting amount of pure testosterone would make you TV, Wii, and brain simultaneously implode.

Although I would like to see CapCom in Brawl over Megaman, I'd rather have Ryu.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
see that is the problem with megaman, there are so many different versions it's hard to decide which one gets into brawl. there was only one ryu though

Smady

Smash Master
Who's Geno.

And I definetely think megaman would be a better choice, because more people know him and would by the game.
He's one of the characters in "Super Mario RPG" on the N64. I'm not sure if he's third-party or not, as the character is in fact owned by Square.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Just because megaman is more recognized doesn't mean he is better take Strider for example he is unique and brings a new fighting style same with viewtiful joe one of capcom's more originals games last gen there is Captain Commando another unique character.

Yes is MM Zero the one I was talking about again he is another unique character a sword wielder with long range weapons X is megaman's most recent design in the canon storyline of the series he fits better in the darker and more realistic atmosphere brawl has even the most recent canon game Megaman ZX is based on X not the original megaman.
Ok one, every company wil lchoose their mascot, if namco is chosen: Pac man is in, if sega is in: no brainer sonic is in, if hudson is chosen: bomberman is chosen, and if capcom is chosen, would they choose the mascot, or the ninja who has dissapeared for the last years in videogames or the guy in red whose games have been going down since the sequel of the original?
Gotta say Megaman

Yes strider would bring a new style of a character, yet he aint as popular, wanted or as recognizable as megaman is, and I doubt he apepared in sakurais list...

Joe is a great series, but isnt as famous as other capcom characters as megaman or any of the guys in SF...

Now EVERYTHING u said about zero is wrong, unique? hes just a cooler looking version of the already existing zero, a sword wielder with long range weapons? Umm LINK?! X is megamans most recent design? yeah like 10+ years ago, his most recent look is the ZX series, and believe me nobody wants them in brawl...

"he fits better in the darker and more realistic atmosphere" yeah kirby, pikachu, wario, zamus, delfino island, yoshis island stage, yeah they all fill the dark atmosphere bill, brawl aint about being realistic and having a dark atmosphere, its a game about fun, wacky, cartoon-like fighter, something the original megaman fits well, being a kid and all...

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
Ok one, every company wil lchoose their mascot, if namco is chosen: Pac man is in, if sega is in: no brainer sonic is in, if hudson is chosen: bomberman is chosen, and if capcom is chosen, would they choose the mascot, or the ninja who has dissapeared for the last years in videogames or the guy in red whose games have been going down since the sequel of the original?
Gotta say Megaman
ok, one it can be argued that the megaman series has been going downhill for a long while.
and two, your point is not valid considering geno. he is nowhere near square's mascot and he actually has a good chance of getting in. i think it depends more on what sakurai wants and what him and the company in question eventually decide on. now what is good about this is that sakurai usually wants the mascots of these third party companies because those are usually the best characters in the series. with capcom however you run into a problem because they have years of quality game franchises.

RWB

Smash Ace
ok, one it can be argued that the megaman series has been going downhill for a long while.
and two, your point is not valid considering geno. he is nowhere near square's mascot and he actually has a good chance of getting in. i think it depends more on what sakurai wants and what him and the company in question eventually decide on. now what is good about this is that sakurai usually wants the mascots of these third party companies because those are usually the best characters in the series. with capcom however you run into a problem because they have years of quality game franchises.
Then again, Sakurai doesn't consider Geno 3rd party(at least thats the last I've read on that front...).

And Geno is hardly as wanted as Megaman. You people who mention the thread here seemingly don't remember that there are a lot of people outside this forum playing smash too...

Megaman is a legend, Geno was a One Hit-wonder(Then again, I hated Super Mario RPG).

El HP

Smash Ace
Gotta say Megaman

Yes strider would bring a new style of a character, yet he aint as popular, wanted or as recognizable as megaman is, and I doubt he apepared in sakurais list...

Joe is a great series, but isnt as famous as other capcom characters as megaman or any of the guys in SF...
I'm not saying any of the characters I mentioned has more chances than megaman I only stated why I prefer them over megaman as for quality of the series nowadays megaman has no longer the influence it had in the past in fact megaman is one of the more milked and rehashed series.

Now EVERYTHING u said about zero is wrong, unique? hes just a cooler looking version of the already existing zero, a sword wielder with long range weapons? Umm LINK?! X is megamans most recent design? yeah like 10+ years ago, his most recent look is the ZX series, and believe me nobody wants them in brawl...
Zero is like link and samus combined and that makes him a character with an unique fighting style, X doesn't appear in ZX it is a boy and a girl who can use Zero and X armor making X his most recent desing unless you count megaman EXE but that serie is a spin-off.

yeah kirby, pikachu, wario, zamus, delfino island, yoshis island stage, yeah they all fill the dark atmosphere bill, brawl aint about being realistic and having a dark atmosphere, its a game about fun, wacky, cartoon-like fighter, something the original megaman fits well, being a kid and all...
Zamus how exactly is a cartoon character? Snake? Pit? Fox? even the cartoony characters like mario and wario got a more realistic look and you forgot to mention stages like the castle in flames, snake's stage and the stage with the greek statues don't they look darker and more realistic? compare the look of the original smash and brawl and you will notice a big difference.

Top Bottom