• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who's the player who inspired u?

killer tofu

Smash Lord
Neji is a ****en genius ya ****

watch again there's even episodes about how much of a genius neji is and how rock lee is a genious of "hard work"

i don't really care tho

as long as we agree

sasuke is a lil *****

infam0us

Smash Cadet
for me it was definitely isai
he was so ahead of his time (which might have carried over from ssb) the **** he use to do with falcon was mind blowing for me, its too bad he never took singles seriously
and i use to prefer doubles back in the day so the fact that he was pretty much the best doubles partner ever added to his inspiration

and im not even a falcon main

joeplicate

Smash Master
holy **** you guys are f@ggots

debating the thematic importance of naruto characters

if I wanted dumb **** like that I could just go to college classes

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Tai is over thinking this..

Neji is a genius ninja. He was exceptionally good at everything needed to be a competent shinobi.

Shikamaru wasn't a genius ninja... he was just really smart/intelligent. THAT'S IT. His skills were lacking in every other department.

God I'm so glad I stopped reading that crappy manga.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Yeah, Naruto DOES suck.

I stopped watching it past episode like.. 60 when I was 12.

I think Shroomed was talking about the reference that Mew2king made in his MLG interview though.. where he compared himself to Rock Lee and Ken to Shikamaru... I forgot that about Neji though.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i lol'd lmao

believe it or not, daigo and jwong and sirlin's random articles and stuff also inspired me to take a deeper look into what was previously called mindgamez and stuff. i love SF but i don't usually have the games so i can't get that good at them

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Yeah, Naruto DOES suck.

I stopped watching it past episode like.. 60 when I was 12.

I think Shroomed was talking about the reference that Mew2king made in his MLG interview though.. where he compared himself to Rock Lee and Ken to Shikamaru... I forgot that about Neji though.
I thought you were going to stop posting here?

DJMirror

Smash Master
i lol'd lmao

believe it or not, daigo and jwong and sirlin's random articles and stuff also inspired me to take a deeper look into what was previously called mindgamez and stuff. i love SF but i don't usually have the games so i can't get that good at them
I want to read those articles
link me please

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I want to read those articles
link me please
He used to write really random articles before "Playing to Win," but the book "Playing to Win" just summed it all up. Just go to sirlin.net and click Playing to Win on the right side cuz it explains a lot of stuff.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
i liked melee before i saw the pros
BUT all of them inspired me for competitive
KEN inspired me to pickup marth and even make a swf name based on marth's spike... dair lol
Dair is my old melee name

oh and pc chris.. and m2k

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Ken was definitely very inspiring. He kept the game at a very high level even from the beginning of melee's life. Azen and H2YL too.

I remember the old gen well... the EC vs WC rivalry was still big, but all the players are completely different, save a couple... It was Ken/Isai vs Wes Dav3 Azen Chillin Chu debates on the forums all the time.

joeplicate

Smash Master
I think azen is my biggest inspiration, even though I play fox
he's just too sexy

I've been thinking of picking up marth because thinking of azen gives me a huge flash of nostalgia
like you know when you're tired and something just gives you this happy rush of blood and a mini mind orgasm
or when you get excited thinking about (for me) pokemon red and jurassic park

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
LOL I know what you mean. There are actually quite a number of things that make me feel that way. Zelda OoT being one of them lol.

Top Bottom